Author Topic: Another 737 down  (Read 8332 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Another 737 down
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2020, 07:05:05 AM »
Keep drinking that Cheeto special Kool-Aid.

Troll attempt = Fail
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2020, 07:07:18 AM »
$1.7 billion in pallets of cash, loaded on a jet, as a secret payoff (to get around public disapproval and perhaps, you know, "laws") to a terrorist-sponsoring country while it was under US sanctions (for among other things developing nuclear weapons) and whose motto is "death to America".  What's not to like?

Indeed.

And lots of dead and maimed people all over the place to show for it. 

I'm glad Salami got the JDAM treatment.   Couldn't have happened to a nicer terrorist.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:46:28 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2020, 09:09:44 AM »
Iran is now admitting the shoot down and the guy in charge of air defense says he didn't order it.

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »
Iran is now admitting the shoot down and the guy in charge of air defense says he didn't order it.

I'm obviously not familiar with the TOR missile system, but I do know a little bit about the Patriot missile system.  When set to automatic mode, it had a bad habit of locking on to friendly aircraft.  If for some reason it thought the aircraft were a cruise missile, I believe in this mode it would also fire.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2020, 12:53:16 PM »
$1.7 billion in pallets of cash, loaded on a jet, as a secret payoff (to get around public disapproval and perhaps, you know, "laws") to a terrorist-sponsoring country while it was under US sanctions (for among other things developing nuclear weapons) and whose motto is "death to America".  What's not to like?

there was no secret and it wasn't a payoff.  1.3 billion was their money.  it had been sent to the USA back in the 70s to buy weapons which were not delivered.  that the USA was gonna release the money was no secret it was all over the newspapers then. that they wanted cash was no secret either.  the only secret was when and how the money was gonna need sent and that was for security reasons.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2020, 02:17:16 PM »
there was no secret and it wasn't a payoff.  1.3 billion was their money.  it had been sent to the USA back in the 70s to buy weapons which were not delivered.  that the USA was gonna release the money was no secret it was all over the newspapers then. that they wanted cash was no secret either.  the only secret was when and how the money was gonna need sent and that was for security reasons.

semp
Money to support our enemy and their terrorist groups. No matter the spin.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2020, 02:27:21 PM »
The money we held from the prior Iranian government should have gone to the victims of Iranian sponsored terrorism.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2020, 02:39:48 PM »

semp

Semantics.   

They used it to kill people.  I don't care if it was "theirs" already or not.   It should not have been given to them.

This was done to undermine the Western World that The Won detests.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2020, 02:41:57 PM »

Yup.  And it was way more than $1.3B.  A lot of shady dealing was done to get them the money in order to bypass the rules in place regarding same.  Typical boneheaded move.   Just another inherited mess the current administration has had to clean up.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »

and we have been doing it for decades. we send our young to die in countries we shouldn't be in. now we gonna do it again.  and for what? money and oil.  bin ladin was killed in Pakistan, a country that we have sent billions of dollars and we still do.  so who's our enemy and who's our friend?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2020, 03:12:03 PM »
Get real. No country has friends.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2020, 04:09:06 PM »
With that logic we ought to have released the funds we seized from Germany and Japan Dec 8th. I’m not the political sort, but BoBo giving Iran money to secure its “legacy” was a bloody idiot move. BTW I find the current and past regimes to be both separately and equally moronic

Chuikov

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2020, 04:57:20 PM »
I respectfully suggest you gents listen to yourselves.

There are going to be countless speculators offering up what caused this crash;
- A ground to air missile

Gentlemen, as I said there will be no investigation by an accredited independent body, so there will be no official cause published that is tainted by some  moron's political bias. Believe what you want but please try to do so in the knowledge that a lot of politicians have skin in the game.

Turns out we were right.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2020, 05:05:47 PM »
and we have been doing it for decades. we send our young to die in countries we shouldn't be in. now we gonna do it again.  and for what? money and oil.  bin ladin was killed in Pakistan, a country that we have sent billions of dollars and we still do.  so who's our enemy and who's our friend?

semp

We don't need their oil any longer.  The rest of the world does, however, so it is vital to protect it lest the globe plunge into chaos.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2020, 05:08:01 PM »
With that logic we ought to have released the funds we seized from Germany and Japan Dec 8th. I’m not the political sort, but BoBo giving Iran money to secure its “legacy” was a bloody idiot move. BTW I find the current and past regimes to be both separately and equally moronic

Well, you're half right.   VSGPDJT is a man who understands economic leverage, military strength, and unpredictably.  He is cut right out of John Boyd's Maneuver Warfare cloth and it is a beautiful thing to watch in real time.
”KILLER V”
The Damned