Author Topic: Monday Night Madness/ava staff night--3/2/20 at 8pm EST in the AVA arena  (Read 1928 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Monday Night Madness

8pm EST in the AVA arena

Something different this week for Monday Night Madness in the AVA starting at 8pm EST.

This week we will disable the KI-43, I-16 and the B239 Brewster. no turny planes

this is a test and we're just going to see how it works out. please let me know what you think

every week there are more and more players coming to check this out!

Pilots are trying to fly in the fog, between buildings,

all the while checking your 6, gets very very intense. plane parts flying everywhere!!

its a very tense time and very much fun filled. if you're not that good, don't worry

we'll help you get better. its great for training, for situational awareness and how

to become a better pilot. it will help you whip some butt in the MA! you wont be sorry.

please congratulate Trap78 for being the best pilot in Monday night madness last week!

vox is 223

see you tonight at 8pm!

<S>

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
This week we will disable the KI-43, I-16 and the B239 Brewster. no turny planes

Hurri I is going to CLEAN UP!  (...well...and possibly the Zekes...)

Somehow Mondays seldom work out for me, but I sure do hope I can make it this week.

- oldman

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
Monday Night Madness

8pm EST in the AVA arena

(Image removed from quote.)

Something different this week for Monday Night Madness in the AVA starting at 8pm EST.

this is a test and we're just going to see how it works out. please let me know what you think

every week there are more and more players coming to check this out!

Pilots are trying to fly in the fog, between buildings,

all the while checking your 6, gets very very intense. plane parts flying everywhere!!

its a very tense time and very much fun filled. if you're not that good, don't worry

we'll help you get better. its great for training, for situational awareness and how

to become a better pilot. it will help you whip some butt in the MA! you wont be sorry.

please congratulate Trap78 for being the best pilot in Monday night madness last week!

vox is 223

see you tonight at 8pm!

<S>
so what planes are being used?
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
As mentioned if the goal is removing the T&B planes, you have to remove others.

I think it was great the way it was and don't think B&Z only planes would be as much fun in this confined setup.

See you tonight

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Looks like he's just getting rid of the 3 he mentioned possibly to give it a different flavor. As it sits now it is a little bit of a matter of fly one of those 3 or be out matched.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
This is outrageous.  Now Puma wont stand a chance against my P40...
FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
puma is out for a few weeks, so we wont hear him whine!! LOL

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
Missed the turny planes, but made due with the A6M3.  The high intensity turn fighting is what draws me to MNM.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Missed the turny planes, but made due with the A6M3.  The high intensity turn fighting is what draws me to MNM.
Monday night we were turn fighting. Try it in one that doesn't turn on a dime. It is actually fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Monday night we were turn fighting. Try it in one that doesn't turn on a dime. It is actually fun.

The little bit I managed to get on I was in a corsair, and found it more fun.....thinking it was mostly the larger numbers since I was last in AvA, but I suspect the lack of super-turny birds helped too.

Noticed you left as soon as I showed up Shuffler, didn't mean to chase you away.....   :neener:

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
This is outrageous.  Now Puma wont stand a chance against my P40...

When I get back,  bring it on P-40 v P-40!  🤪

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
DLO52 posted a couple of YouTube videos of his MNM fights in the Films and Screenshots forum if you missed them or want an idea what all the fuss is about.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
The little bit I managed to get on I was in a corsair, and found it more fun.....thinking it was mostly the larger numbers since I was last in AvA, but I suspect the lack of super-turny birds helped too.

Noticed you left as soon as I showed up Shuffler, didn't mean to chase you away.....   :neener:

LOL  I actually had some things I needed to do. I probably would have missed this week but Jaeger removed the turny birds and I did not want to mis out on a little corruption. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
On a typical Monday night the Ki-43, Brewster and I-16 will account for at least half of the opponents we go up against. It was a nice change to face a different set of bad guy aircraft. You have to adjust your tactics and fly a little differently. That makes it interesting and breaks up the routine. Wtih this plane set we still have the A6M3 and Spit V for turny birds. There are also lots of other good planes like the 109F-4, G2, C.205 and Spit IX. I liked this new setup and enjoyed flying it. I realize everyone has their favorite planes and don't want to deny others their fun. I'd like to see this setup run the first Monday of the every month; I think that's a fair compromise.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
On a typical Monday night the Ki-43, Brewster and I-16 will account for at least half of the opponents we go up against. It was a nice change to face a different set of bad guy aircraft. You have to adjust your tactics and fly a little differently. That makes it interesting and breaks up the routine. Wtih this plane set we still have the A6M3 and Spit V for turny birds. There are also lots of other good planes like the 109F-4, G2, C.205 and Spit IX. I liked this new setup and enjoyed flying it. I realize everyone has their favorite planes and don't want to deny others their fun. I'd like to see this setup run the first Monday of the every month; I think that's a fair compromise.

That’s a great idea to keep it fresh and challenging.  Additionally, how about another Monday night with Axis only on one side and Allies only on the other side. 

Of course, I will leave my favorite Brewster fully fueled, armed, and ready once the hangar doors are unlocked.😉

All gave some, Some gave all