Author Topic: Greyhound official trailer  (Read 2776 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Greyhound official trailer
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2020, 10:22:09 AM »
In today's world when a movie says "based on a true story", it does not really mean much compared to movies of old. Where they used to take some liberties, now they just use the story as a idea and not the basis of the movie.

I cringe when I hear Admiral Yamamoto say, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." in the movies "Tora, Tora, Tora" "Pearl Harbor" and now "Midway" (2019).   Never!, has he ever said that in real life.  No document, written records or witnesses.   And yet, you might have been taught that in school, heard that in the movie(s) or somebody saying that.

I constantly argue with ppl on this specific subject.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2020, 10:27:15 AM »
I cringe when I hear Admiral Yamamoto say, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." in the movies "Tora, Tora, Tora" "Pearl Harbor" and now "Midway" (2019).   Never!, has he ever said that in real life.  No document, written records or witnesses.   And yet, you might have been taught that in school, heard that in the movie(s) or somebody saying that.

I constantly argue with ppl on this specific subject.

Why would people argue that he actually said it?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2020, 10:58:30 AM »
Why would people argue that he actually said it?

Because they heard it in the movie that idiotwood says "based on a true story" or schools taught you that.  or both.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2020, 11:27:04 AM »
In today's world when a movie says "based on a true story", it does not really mean much compared to movies of old. Where they used to take some liberties, now they just use the story as a idea and not the basis of the movie.

Yeah.... it did not mean much then either.

Cough! Battle of the Bulge Cough!
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com