Author Topic: Aces High Modeler  (Read 5969 times)

Offline BLINK

• Zinc Member
Re: Aces High Modeler
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2020, 08:42:55 AM »
I just happen to be bored and was checking out the old site....
gotta say miss some of you guys....

now that I have 2 published games...I give props to hitech...

making a game isnt as easy as people think...and far more difficult for one person....

BUT with a little fire in the belly and wanting to stuff certain words down peoples necks... "you'll never be able to do that"

you can do anything....

this is a phone game I made 100% me...
all coding...models...textures everything

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ZeroClueGaming.DragonsvsAliens

this is a full fledged large world with fully animated Dinosaurs that have all their own animations...
yes there are some bugs... BUT this is a AAA game all by me...everything...

https://zerocluegaming.itch.io/eat-humans

to everyone who said I couldn't do it.....
who laughed at me...who thought I was not "smart" enough

eat it.

:-P

if you see this Car running around your home town...say hi its me...

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 08:51:50 AM by BLINK »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2020, 09:54:07 AM »
Good to see you BLINK  :salute
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2020, 11:25:19 AM »
My 10 year old great Nephew is working on his first game right now. He loves doing things like that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2020, 03:44:48 PM »
By definition a AAA game cannot be made by a single person. Nice try though, Blink.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2020, 08:23:30 AM »
Issues.

One of the reasons it is difficult to switch modeling is because Open Flight supports tagging of polygons. While it is possible to group all like tagged polygon into objects and then put the attributes on the object for all children. It creates a large number of nodes to keep track of in the model.

Moving components.

Open flight animation is designed for flight sims. Animating control surfaces and landing gear would have to be completely rewritten to work more in line with 3d studio.

When we do modeling we purchase models of the type toasted showed. From there it was typically 1 to 2 months worth of full time work to complete all the pieces of a model. The cockpits take as much or more time then the external shape.

Muiltiple LOD's must be created of the mesh.

We already do import support 3d studio , we use its format for our pilot and troop animations.

Detailing: Many things are put into a model that you do not see. Things like attachment points so we know where to put weapons on the plane.  Both live and dead pieces of planes. Bullet holes view points. Animation limits.

So I am not saying it could not be done, but creating a completed mesh is much more involved then simply creating a shape like toasted posted.

HiTech
Thanks for a  detailed answer.

How much work would it be to recreate a plane like the Fw190-A9 from the A8, The Bf109-AS models from the 109g series already made,  and accept small 3d differences - hardly recognizable anyway , but reuse the cockpit, plane 3d model etc ?

I understand the performance numbers would differ and have to be flight tested, more armor, weight or whatever the difference is for each model.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2020, 08:32:48 AM »
Wasn't the A-9 just a re-engined A-8?

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2020, 08:38:02 AM »
Wasn't the A-9 just a re-engined A-8?

Well, it had 10cm longer engine compartment,more armor on the oil ring, and a 190F8 canopy.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2020, 11:37:03 AM »
Well, it had 10cm longer engine compartment, more armor on the oil ring, and a 190F8 canopy.

The A-8 and D-9 also got the blown canopy. Some A-8s got the new engine of the A-9. Cowling with enlarged oil tank, 30 mm longer.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2021, 12:30:41 PM »
There is so much more involved in creating/designing a new plane for aces High

Research on the plane type, plane flight performance characteristics, etc.... All actual historical documented information

The easiest part to creating the new plane type is actually the modeling/skining of the plane....

It is the gathering of historical authenticated documents and information that is the hardest part so HTC can build the new plane model and get it as close to the actual real-world model as possible

Figured that I would add this reply to the discussion since no-one has bothered to mention anything about it yet

Hope this helps

TC

Are the flight models really historically documented?

From what I've read from German pilots who flew the 190 and the way it flys here this doesn't seem to be so. I've read many books written from WW2 pilots from different sides.

I have to paraphrase but I recall one German pilot saying that the 190 would get an aileron flutter as a stall warning and if you continued to pull it would drop a wing and spin 180. He mentioned how this was used as a last ditch maneuver.

I've also read about earlier models of the spitfire experiencing aileron reversal at high speeds. I have not seen this modeled here.

I was under the impression that the modeling here was set to match speed/climb but not the actual handling characteristics. I'm curious to hear more on this.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2021, 11:31:43 AM »
I was under the impression that the modeling here was set to match speed/climb but not the actual handling characteristics. I'm curious to hear more on this.

As best I can I do both.

But stuff like "aileron flutter as a stall warning" is not that useful to model because we already give you as much cue as we can the stall is approaching. And the flutter is known mostly by the vibration in the stick. We have no way to directly model that. (BTW rv8 also flutters ailerons in rolls).

HiTech

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2021, 11:55:23 AM »
Cool.Thanks for the info.

The part about the RV is interesting too.