Author Topic: Yak3 speed  (Read 5250 times)

Offline wells

• Copper Member
Re: Yak3 speed
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2021, 03:01:45 PM »
It looks like the Yak-3 is using 1050 mm boost, instead of 1100 mm.  I think the performance would actually correspond to using 1100 mm boost.  So, the drag may be low by 5% or so.  Will it make a difference?  No...

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2022, 01:37:38 PM »
Yak3, as used by most here, is what people use for quick response to up in the face of an enemy attack.....over and over until attackers have been thinned enough to break the cap. 

Every plane in AH has a few distinctive characteristics that suit certain mission profiles better than the others.   
Yak3 has it's role where it's great for people who want instant action and have limited time to play. 

I still like the yak9 better.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2022, 02:16:53 PM »
I just wanted to say that no P-38 was mentioned up until now.

Thank you... have a nice day!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2022, 05:48:25 PM »
In aces high, planes can fly better without all their parts.

But the mathematics of this would be quite interesting. We need an aerospace engineer to weigh in on the subject.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2022, 08:15:39 PM »
Ugh, this thread is bringing back my PTYD. Post Truamatic Yakovlev Disorder.

The Blue Thunder guys seriously damage my morale, it's just stupid how they'll literally have three guys in a row strafe me as I'm trying to take off. I've gotten used to making takeoff runs straight out of the hangar to give myself a chance. There's just no chance to take off when Blue Thunder has 3-5 Yak-3s screaming over the field. TheJudge is also a similar offender, but at least he flies the 190 Dora.

Yak3, as used by most here, is what people use for quick response to up in the face of an enemy attack.....over and over until attackers have been thinned enough to break the cap. 

Every plane in AH has a few distinctive characteristics that suit certain mission profiles better than the others.   
Yak3 has it's role where it's great for people who want instant action and have limited time to play. 

I still like the yak9 better.

I like the Spit 16 for field defense better  :lol
Up with a drop tank and 25% fuel, just in case they make me climb or chase, but once we get to furballing, a Spit16 on 25% fuel is a handful to fight! Turns like a Zero. Plus I love dragging people down to treetop level to get turning with a Spit16, always fun but kinda risky.

I'm just biased against Soviet hardware I think, plus PTYD.
Turn n' Burn!

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2022, 09:10:39 PM »
Ugh, this thread is bringing back my PTYD. Post Truamatic Yakovlev Disorder.

The Blue Thunder guys seriously damage my morale, it's just stupid how they'll literally have three guys in a row strafe me as I'm trying to take off. I've gotten used to making takeoff runs straight out of the hangar to give myself a chance. There's just no chance to take off when Blue Thunder has 3-5 Yak-3s screaming over the field. TheJudge is also a similar offender, but at least he flies the 190 Dora.

I like the Spit 16 for field defense better  :lol
Up with a drop tank and 25% fuel, just in case they make me climb or chase, but once we get to furballing, a Spit16 on 25% fuel is a handful to fight! Turns like a Zero. Plus I love dragging people down to treetop level to get turning with a Spit16, always fun but kinda risky.

I'm just biased against Soviet hardware I think, plus PTYD.

Dont up from a base under attack especially if it is capped by Yaks.  :D  Second the spit 5 is much better at base defense that the 16. quicker and turns better, just a bit short on ammo.

Check out plane comparisons here

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2022, 09:16:43 PM »

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2022, 09:28:14 PM »
Dont up from a base under attack especially if it is capped by Yaks.  :D  Second the spit 5 is much better at base defense that the 16. quicker and turns better, just a bit short on ammo.

Check out plane comparisons here.

That short on ammo is the exact problem lol. I might be able to down one or two Yaks with 120 rounds of cannon but that's never enough.
I still prefer the 16 for roll rate. I've literally led Pony drivers on wild goose chases weaving through trees. Great way to trick them into bleeding E.

And I am a stubborn stump so I will up from the hangar to defend even if it's 5 to 1.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2022, 02:20:26 AM »
And I am a stubborn stump so I will up from the hangar to defend even if it's 5 to 1.

Back practise and great for making the vulchers Aces... Take off from a field back, get some alt and smash them to bits  :old: :joystick:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2022, 06:56:54 AM »
Back practise and great for making the vulchers Aces... Take off from a field back, get some alt and smash them to bits  :old: :joystick:

I actually did that yesterday lol. Upped a Spit 8 from a field across the bay and tore up a Jug and a Pony. I was so dadgum stubborn to defend the base, but they eventually got it anyway because we had like 1-2 guys in GVs and me in the air.

Took out a Goony trying to sneak in though!
Turn n' Burn!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2022, 02:23:43 PM »
I actually did that yesterday lol. Upped a Spit 8 from a field across the bay and tore up a Jug and a Pony. I was so dadgum stubborn to defend the base, but they eventually got it anyway because we had like 1-2 guys in GVs and me in the air.

Took out a Goony trying to sneak in though!

Determination, the first thing to look for in recruiting AH pilots  :rock
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2022, 04:47:31 AM »
Don't worry about the BT guys. Their modus operandi is ganging, picking, and vulching. Most of them won't fight one on one (or even 2 on 1). That's not all bad and uncommong, but when you get them in trouble they suddenly develop peril-sensitive-internet (warp like crazy). I see BTDiver has posted about how he cannot download the game, which explains a lot... I suspect he is using a 1970s 300bps modem to play on.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »

The 49ers showed plenty of determination but game was adjusted to prevent that and they left.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2022, 09:32:44 PM »
The 49ers showed plenty of determination but game was adjusted to prevent that and they left.

Yeah, because they were determined to play in way that pissed off everyone else.

They're not missed.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2022, 11:07:37 PM »
Yeah, because they were determined to play in way that pissed off everyone else.

They're not missed.

I didn't mind them. Was fun running into their missions now and then.