Author Topic: planes being main-gunned by tanks  (Read 7844 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: planes being main-gunned by tanks
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2021, 08:38:37 AM »
I seem to remember shooting a goon out of the air once with the shore battery. A well modelled physics simulation should not be limited artificially just because people don't like being shot down.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2021, 08:39:42 AM »
y'all already helped take away GV spawns AND helped introduce GV dar.... Now we are going to limit gv's even further? Nahhhhhhh HiTech don't wanna take that $$ hit and I don't blame him.

What he said!!
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2021, 12:51:56 PM »
I seem to remember shooting a goon out of the air once with the shore battery. A well modelled physics simulation should not be limited artificially just because people don't like being shot down.

Concur wholeheartedly. turt

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2021, 03:29:14 PM »
y'all already helped take away GV spawns AND helped introduce GV dar.... Now we are going to limit gv's even further? Nahhhhhhh HiTech don't wanna take that $$ hit and I don't blame him.

HAHAHAHAHA! That's rich!

The numbers suck now because he coddled the GVer's and armchair generals several years ago by altering the GV icon rules and side switch timers. Most of the dedicated fighter pilots left because of these changes. The MA has been trash ever since because all that's left are you entitled people.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 03:31:09 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2021, 03:40:37 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA! That's rich!

The numbers suck now because he coddled the GVer's and armchair generals several years ago by altering the GV icon rules and side switch timers. Most of the dedicated fighter pilots left because of these changes. The MA has been trash ever since because all that's left are you entitled people.

And after that happened he added all the trees and a majority of the gvers left, and here we are.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2021, 03:58:50 PM »
What wild assertions are these?

The numbers steadily decline because that is the nature of things. Without constant evolution and improvements to an activity, humans need to change things up and explore different hobbies. Not to mention the niche historical element that is generationally focused.

This game is far too good to entertain most of the toxic, hacking young gamers of today.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2021, 05:03:37 PM »
What wild assertions are these?

The numbers steadily decline because that is the nature of things. Without constant evolution and improvements to an activity, humans need to change things up and explore different hobbies. Not to mention the niche historical element that is generationally focused.

This game is far too good to entertain most of the toxic, hacking young gamers of today.

What he said +1
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2021, 05:27:23 PM »
The numbers suck now because he coddled the GVer's and armchair generals several years ago by altering the GV icon rules and side switch timers.

Seems like about everybody has his own singular explanation for these low numbers of today.  GV Icons, new GV controls, terrains, this or that map and so on.
But the numbers don't actually support that. There had been a long, steady decline in numbers from about late 2008/ early 2009 until about 17/18, with a significant lower loss rate in the past ~2 years. If there was a single, in-game change who made all the folks quit AH, we would see that.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2021, 06:07:04 PM »
Seems like about everybody has his own singular explanation for these low numbers of today.  GV Icons, new GV controls, terrains, this or that map and so on.
But the numbers don't actually support that. There had been a long, steady decline in numbers from about late 2008/ early 2009 until about 17/18, with a significant lower loss rate in the past ~2 years. If there was a single, in-game change who made all the folks quit AH, we would see that.

Do you actually have the data available? I'd like to see it because it seemed to me the largest drops since I start playing were in 2014 when the 12 hour rule cam into being and in 2016-17 with AH3.

I don't think people now remember just how bad the reaction was to the 12 hour rule and just how many prominent community left or were forced to leave because of it. I'd be shocked of the data does not show that 2014 had a steeper drop in players than '13 or '15.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2021, 06:38:36 PM »

gliding 3-tour average
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 06:40:07 PM by Lusche »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2021, 06:56:20 PM »
Pretty cool to see we still have 1000 active players.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2021, 07:06:03 PM »
gliding 3-tour average

Better than I thought.  I was spit-balling around 800.

And it's looking fairly durable.  Just gradual erosion from old age mortality.  Which for this demographic will be accelerating onward.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2021, 07:13:31 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

gliding 3-tour average

Thanks.

The drop in 2013-15 is much more steady than I expected.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2021, 07:36:47 PM »
Pretty cool to see we still have 1000 active players.

For the record: It's pilots, not players. I can not track the latter, nor can I say anything about actual subscriptions.  :old:

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2021, 08:29:14 PM »

Exactly!!
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com