Author Topic: Back to the moon  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Back to the moon
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2022, 12:46:08 PM »
I like it.

Even though it has such a strong diversion-y smell.

They will have to hurry, though -- before the universe disabuses us of our fantasies about printing free money.

Seriously, though, I do like it regardless of the above.  I think spreading human habitation to more places than earth is the most-important task of mankind.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2022, 01:12:21 PM »
I would be hesitant to do anything that might damage the moon and change its' position.

I read a paper a few years ago explaining the importance to earth.  We know the earth is not perfectly round.  As the earth rotates on its' axis the moons' pull does two things.

It causes our seasons.  It also keeps this planet from wobbling out into space to who knows where!  It was explained like this.  It's as if the Moon were towed to this exact position.

If it were somewhere else in orbit we would wobble away.

Just a thought.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2022, 02:36:47 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is. It's like we never went to moon to begin with, it's been proven.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2022, 04:42:43 PM »
It's probably all smoke and mirrors for them to try to look cool. At this point, with the technology we have (that us plebs don't know about), Secret Space Force can probably get to the moon in less than a day.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2022, 06:01:59 PM »
It's probably all smoke and mirrors for them to try to look cool. At this point, with the technology we have (that us plebs don't know about), Secret Space Force can probably get to the moon in less than a day.

they have the secret of the ruby slippers.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2022, 09:22:08 PM »
They say 1 billion dollars per launch to the Moon.

If they taxed Soros, Zuckerburg, Bezos and Gates 95% of their current wealth we could build a base on the moon and maybe even Mars. Those guys would still have plenty of coin to live on.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Gogolinius

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2022, 09:32:27 PM »
Ridiculous waste of taxpayer $.

I’m sure all the homeless will watch on their cable SmartTV.

Largely symbolic achievements like this inspire talent, which is critically important. The Apollo program was one of the best examples of humanity getting something right - resoundingly right, in fact.

Giving money away to the dregs of society is an infinitely bigger waste.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2022, 11:08:55 PM »
I agree!

This will be even better than Apollo I think. Maybe the interest won't be as high, but this is going to be an amazing program.

I can't wait to see that rocket launch tomorrow. I hope it does.

The most powerful rocket ever made. I think it's got a million more pounds of thrust than Saturn 5 did even though it's about a hundred feet shorter.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2022, 12:06:43 AM »
I enjoy NASA's programs. The new telescope is amazing
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2022, 04:45:56 AM »
Largely symbolic achievements like this inspire talent, which is critically important. The Apollo program was one of the best examples of humanity getting something right - resoundingly right, in fact.

Giving money away to the dregs of society is an infinitely bigger waste.

I’m not saying to give the homeless (who in most cases I don’t view as dregs…) money…I’m saying provide more social services for them, a hand up not a handout.

The real dregs are the ones dealing them drugs, etc imo.

Nevertheless, have you met many 20-something’s? I date one…

Most of them could not care any less about achievements such as this, what Lizzo did last night is more important.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Gogolinius

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2022, 11:14:34 AM »
I’m not saying to give the homeless (who in most cases I don’t view as dregs…) money…I’m saying provide more social services for them, a hand up not a handout.

The real dregs are the ones dealing them drugs, etc imo.

Nevertheless, have you met many 20-something’s? I date one…

Most of them could not care any less about achievements such as this, what Lizzo did last night is more important.

My nephews. 23 and 26. Both Stanford graduates. Both engineers. Common? No, but we don't need millions of them to push humanity forward. What we do need is an environment where people like them are encouraged and emboldened to do more than just print money for personal gain. The moon landings did that for an entire generation of bright minds. It needs to be repeated. It doesn't have to be the government that does it, but with billions of dollars getting thrown into a firepit for nothing these days, it's not a bad place to start.

The she/her greenhaired activist/debtors that scream and cry for a living and claim that Lizzo is an image of health and beauty are write-offs.

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2022, 07:42:00 PM »
So, who will be the first person on the moon?
If it will ever happend.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2022, 04:17:47 AM »
My nephews. 23 and 26. Both Stanford graduates. Both engineers. Common? No, but we don't need millions of them to push humanity forward. What we do need is an environment where people like them are encouraged and emboldened to do more than just print money for personal gain. The moon landings did that for an entire generation of bright minds. It needs to be repeated. It doesn't have to be the government that does it, but with billions of dollars getting thrown into a firepit for nothing these days, it's not a bad place to start.

The she/her greenhaired activist/debtors that scream and cry for a living and claim that Lizzo is an image of health and beauty are write-offs.
encourage you mean like going to the moon?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2022, 06:56:41 AM »
So, who will be the first person on the moon?
If it will ever happend.

Armstrong 1969 .. they did not fake it sorry

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2022, 07:21:42 AM »
You can't fool ME! I saw Capricorn One
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/