Author Topic: Back to the moon  (Read 4672 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Back to the moon
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2022, 04:02:58 PM »
Not for the feint of heart
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2022, 04:39:51 PM »
There's really nothing outrageous about flame warriors. It's just people having fun and posting whatever they want without some moderator arbitrarily deciding what to moderate.

There are very few things that would ever get moderated on that forum. One of them is spam.

But if you go look through the threads over there you'll see that most of the conversations are just freewheeling and not outrageous in any way.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2022, 04:52:15 PM »
There's really nothing outrageous about flame warriors. It's just people having fun and posting whatever they want without some moderator arbitrarily deciding what to moderate.

There are very few things that would ever get moderated on that forum. One of them is spam.

But if you go look through the threads over there you'll see that most of the conversations are just freewheeling and not outrageous in any way.

That sounds spooky!

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2022, 05:22:01 PM »
Learn to paste as plain text… or else.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2022, 06:32:16 PM »

FW is a leg hump 45 board. If you don't hump 45, you are relentlessly attacked. Spam is anything that doesn't support hump 45. ICOM is almost as bad.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2022, 06:42:20 PM »
I can see how a TDS sufferer might get that impression.  However,  Believe it or not (and I know you don't, judging from your posts here)... not ever subject is related to "45". 

I know I'm speaking to a brick wall.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2022, 06:42:58 PM »
So yeah... You might as well get this thread closed too.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2022, 06:43:19 PM »
FW is a leg hump 45 board. If you don't hump 45, you are relentlessly attacked. Spam is anything that doesn't support hump 45. ICOM is almost as bad.

is that why you were there for 15 years until I kicked you out?

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2022, 06:59:17 PM »

:ahand

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2022, 07:09:06 PM »

So freedom of speech only goes so far, eh?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2022, 07:13:47 PM »
I can see how a TDS sufferer might get that impression.  However,  Believe it or not (and I know you don't, judging from your posts here)... not ever subject is related to "45". 

I know I'm speaking to a brick wall.
I am not the brick wall sluggo. :)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2022, 07:23:28 PM »

So freedom of speech only goes so far, eh?

There are 4 simple rules.

I did not permanently ban him. I have only permanently banned one person in 15 years, and that involved the FBI.

You might like it there. No one will bite. We have some pretty radical left guys there that do post ant- 45 stuff all the time. One guy actually just spams it. Milo used to be one of those.

There is complete freedom of speech there, but I won't allow anything illegal, NTSF stuff out of the designated area and no spamming.

One thing that I recently added - since I am no longer there as a member...  I probably not allow anyone disrespecting me like Milo did. I didn't mind when I was there to defend myself, but now I am paying for that place and I may or may not get upset if someone refers to me as an "it" after all I provided for the place.

I'm human and I'm a good person. It takes A LOT to get me upset - and even then I have NEVER used my moderator powers to mess with anyone. I am completely fair and almost impossible to rattle.

My number one responsibility is to be completely unbiased in moderation. I think if you ask anyone, they will tell you that no one could possibly be more fair than I am.

Offline Gogolinius

• Zinc Member
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2022, 08:06:06 PM »

You got at least one dude there advocating for a second holocaust. Funny, I suppose, to the right crowd, but definitely not my cup of tea.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2022, 08:12:21 PM »
Freedom of speech is hard.  Then again no one is forcing you to hear or read… walk/scroll past.   Crazy talk, right?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2022, 08:21:25 PM »
as long as no one does anything illegal, it's just free speech and not harming anyone. I doubt whoever said that was serious. I didn't see the comment though. It's a very busy forum and I don't even go over there often. Maybe once a week at most.

I met a lot of good people through that forum. And we don't all agree politically, but people are friends. We lost several people too. Some of that hurt pretty deeply. People pass away and a era is just gone.

In the very beginning, people flooded over to that forum. At first it was pretty novel - that they could cuss or call me names, or say what they wanted. After a few weeks it just settled into a bunch of people that started out with similar interests. In flying, Aces High, Air Warrior, gaming, history, etc

I got upset with those guys and left, but I still love those guys. All of them - even Milo and Spitbull.

I may go back some day. I miss them.