Author Topic: I'm being evicted - so I need you guys to come through for me  (Read 6643 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: I'm being evicted - so I need you guys to come through for me
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2022, 08:07:17 AM »
the park that has a few spaces open but not renting.  me thinks they're just not renting to you. keep your eyes on those spaces.

semp

What makes you think that? If you're thinking because I'm trans - well, no one ever suspects that. I pass 100 percent as a woman. A decent looking woman too.

No, they are not renting to anyone. Other parks in the neighborhood that I visited over the weekend are evicting everyone too.

At one large place I went to yesterday, I saw eviction noticers and a lot of empty spaces where mobile homes were just recently pulled out. They have trash (couches, personal junk) all over the empty lots - I assume people are just leaving that stuff for the new owners to clean out.

I saw one guy at his car and got out to speak to him. He said every place but the houses had to be out. There are actual houses in there too,. He said he had to be out that day.

The place that's not renting is doing so because the owner had to eat the rent cost for so many people during the covid eviction moratorium. After that ended, he had to spend months and 50k to get one guy out.

I was going to buy a manufactured home, but after I see what's happening to other parks, I'm not going to risk that. These places are on very valuable land - and real estate investment groups seem to be snapping them up.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2022, 08:31:29 AM »
They would all rather rent to a single white person as opposed to the many alternatives
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2022, 08:33:07 AM »
I think it's more complex than that given that -GG- is single and white.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2022, 08:48:18 AM »
The housing situation is very, very tight in southern California.

There's really no open spaces to put a trailer. They get snapped up instantly. If I move outside if the main areas and go to say, past Riverside or up into San Bertnardino, then maybe I could buy a piece of land to put this on - which is the smartest thing to do. However, then I'd have a 2 hour drive each way to work.

A lot of people I know do buy outside of the populated areas and do drive 2 hours to work. I drive 15 minutes to work.

I've found a nice guest house close by and spoke to the woman last night. I'm going to try to meet her today. It's brand new, modern, has it's own parking and private.

Still - I want to first try to get my trailer somewhere. It's nice inside. I love it. But I have to secure something pretty quickly.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2022, 09:13:47 AM »
the park that has a few spaces open but not renting.  me thinks they're just not renting to you. keep your eyes on those spaces.

semp

What gives you that idea?

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2022, 09:17:54 AM »
I doubt local ordinances would allow you to use a haven trailer as a full-time dwelling on its own lot. You can't here.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2022, 09:46:59 AM »
Sounds like a good time to hook up your trailer and move to a decent state like Texas or Florida

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2022, 09:50:04 AM »
This caught me at a relatively bad time. I had been looking at properties in other states but now this is going to suck my savings out of me and probably a good chunk of my earnings for a little while.

I have a good job here and I do like it here a lot. But I want to have my own land

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2022, 09:52:13 AM »
This caught me at a relatively bad time. I had been looking at properties in other states but now this is going to suck my savings out of me and probably a good chunk of my earnings for a little while.

I have a good job here and I do like it here a lot. But I want to have my own land

Record prices should prevent that for a bit

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2022, 09:53:50 AM »
That's true, although I found some nice places that I could buy right here in california. Up in the mountains. But then I would pretty much have to work from home or be retired because I'm not driving 2 hours to go to work each day.

I lived in Arizona most of my life and I like Arizona a lot.

No offense to anyone but Florida is the number one last place I would ever live and Texas is a second. It's simply because of the weather and because in my opinion those places are very ugly and sparse looking.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2022, 01:15:09 PM »
this thread reminds me of the local Facebook group where people constantly ask who's got the best tacos. well it depends on your taste, for some taco bell is the bomb, for others a greasy taco full of processed cheese could be it.  and some are in the middle.

so go out and try a few places and decide on your own.

semp

And some of us like street carne asada tacos with salsa verde, and onions.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2022, 01:44:31 PM »
I love street tacos and Street food. They've got some really good ones in Los Angeles.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2022, 03:55:54 PM »
The housing situation is very, very tight in southern California.

There's really no open spaces to put a trailer. They get snapped up instantly. If I move outside if the main areas and go to say, past Riverside or up into San Bertnardino, then maybe I could buy a piece of land to put this on - which is the smartest thing to do. However, then I'd have a 2 hour drive each way to work.

A lot of people I know do buy outside of the populated areas and do drive 2 hours to work. I drive 15 minutes to work.

I've found a nice guest house close by and spoke to the woman last night. I'm going to try to meet her today. It's brand new, modern, has it's own parking and private.

Still - I want to first try to get my trailer somewhere. It's nice inside. I love it. But I have to secure something pretty quickly.

don't try san Bernardino, people here are renting rooms for 600 bucks.  you may be able to find a mobile home but I kind of doubt it. I just got on a list for senior apartments, May take years before they call me.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2022, 03:56:51 PM »
What gives you that idea?

experience.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2022, 04:02:04 PM »
And some of us like street carne asada tacos with salsa verde, and onions.

I never buy them, I can make them at home for less. I buy carnitas, tripas, or chicharones.  there's a place nearby that sells a 2lb chicharone burrito that will cleanse your colon. only 8 bucks. it's good.

semp