Author Topic: Setting up the new Reverb G2  (Read 5210 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Setting up the new Reverb G2
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2022, 05:15:27 PM »
So how do you like it?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2022, 06:07:43 PM »
He's having issues with frame rates. I think it's an issue with his USB cabling setup. Trying to resolve as I type this.
The fix?
When the steam window or is it wmr, comes up there is a 3 dot "menu" in the lower left corner of the window. If your G2 USB is live i.e. getting enough power, then you get the option to Set up Controllers. If not enough power, that option doesn't even show on his FE.
To prove the equipment was working, I had him plug the G2 into a powered hub and surprisingly it worked. Now I think he's switching his HOTAS and throttle to the hub and plugging the G2 direct to the PC. It may not work for him now without a powered PCIe USB daughter card but hopefully that won't be necessary. He tried to pull a lot of power through his MB.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2022, 06:29:08 PM »
But the G2 has its own power supply? It plugs into the cable box.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2022, 10:16:09 PM »
But the G2 has its own power supply? It plugs into the cable box.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
You'd think so wouldn't you. I did too.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2022, 11:21:47 PM »
So how do you like it?

Eagler

The headset fit is perfect and feels very solid.  Absolutely no outside light leaking through.  When sitting still in game, the visual acuity is fantastic.  Working with SNO and Easy offline with the technical geek stuff, which I am not.  Getting the AH, WMR, and Steam VR to all cooperate is a bit challenging.

That being said, the setup and software integration is close to nothing and very frustrating for a newb.  Disappointing for a company that has been around for so long.  But, stubborn determination will prevail.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2022, 04:06:43 AM »
I don't have any problems.
Me either...Facebook and its ties to Oculus , was a Turn Off for a lot of folk.  Lost in translation, I guess :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2022, 09:01:57 AM »
The headset fit is perfect and feels very solid.  Absolutely no outside light leaking through.  When sitting still in game, the visual acuity is fantastic.  Working with SNO and Easy offline with the technical geek stuff, which I am not.  Getting the AH, WMR, and Steam VR to all cooperate is a bit challenging.

That being said, the setup and software integration is close to nothing and very frustrating for a newb.  Disappointing for a company that has been around for so long.  But, stubborn determination will prevail.

One of you guys should write up a little step by step while its fresh in your mind so any one else coming along with issues will have a solid write up on setting one up.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2022, 09:05:21 AM »
Me either...Facebook and its ties to Oculus , was a Turn Off for a lot of folk.  Lost in translation, I guess :uhoh

That’s exactly why my decision to buy the G2 was accelerated by a few months.  A couple of weeks ago, oculus demanded a sign in to use the headset.  Anddddd, you’re fired ocuulous.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2022, 09:09:10 AM »
One of you guys should write up a little step by step while its fresh in your mind so any one else coming along with issues will have a solid write up on setting one up.

My thought exactly Fugi!   :aok Once I get a consistent start up flow going, it’ll get it on paper and add the tech info from our computer experts. In my opinion, it’s sticky worthy.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:23:01 AM by Puma44 »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2022, 02:49:29 PM »
My thought exactly Fugi!   :aok Once I get a consistent start up flow going, it’ll get it on paper and add the tech info from our computer experts. In my opinion, it’s sticky worthy.

:aok :salute

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2022, 03:44:22 PM »
That’s exactly why my decision to buy the G2 was accelerated by a few months.  A couple of weeks ago, oculus demanded a sign in to use the headset.  Anddddd, you’re fired ocuulous.

You've always needed an oculus sign in to use their headsets. You've never needed a facebook account. And Oculus have just started transitioning to meta accounts.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2022, 06:21:29 PM »
You've always needed an oculus sign in to use their headsets. You've never needed a facebook account. And Oculus have just started transitioning to meta accounts.

I didn’t until last week when they wanted the meta sign in, which didn’t go well.  Regardless, Mark and company are fired.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2022, 06:32:26 PM »
Starting to find the flow to make the G2 sing.  Like some have mentioned, turn on the headset power, select dx11, answer YES, put the headset on, and it starts loading.  I’m finding the “AH11 waiting” thing sometimes comes up but, a peek under the headset and selecting AH on the task gets to the sign in menu.

Questions for you experienced G2 dudes:

When :salute I transmit on channel or range, it’s very garbled.  What’s causing that?  How can that be remedied?

Frame rates are 45 ish.  Normal, or is there something else I need to tweak?

How is the headset volume adjusted?  I need a tad more volume.

Finally, some mini geek advice.  Be sure to plug in the flight control USBs before getting in game.  Better results with them plugged in.  Follow me for more AH VR advice.

Thanks again for all the advice and suggestions, gents!  Very much appreciated.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2022, 07:56:09 PM »

Facebook is separate now though. It is Meta

And if you're worried about Meta getting into your info then you need a wakeup call. Data Mining is everywhere in everything.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 07:59:18 PM by RichardDarkwood »
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2022, 08:04:50 PM »
Facebook is separate now though. It is Meta

And if you're worried about Meta getting into your info then you need a wakeup call. Data Mining is everywhere in everything.

Sign in to put a VR headset on and use it?  Nope.