Author Topic: Regarding Ack-Ack  (Read 8412 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Regarding Ack-Ack
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2022, 02:40:40 PM »
 :salute  :cry
Charlie don't surf!

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2022, 05:27:09 PM »
ACK ACK I can remember all the way back to air warrior. Sad to hear. To many to soon.
 :salute Ack Ack, Amy and family
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2022, 10:55:19 PM »
Ack-Ack and I have been adversaries in the air for many years, but it never affected the respect I had for him and his skills in the P-38.  I never let myself get caught in a turn fight with him, but he was feared in the air.

Thoughts and prayers to Mrs Ack-Ack and his family and extensive in-game friends.    :salute :pray

"ROX"

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2022, 01:26:23 PM »
I am saddened to read this, he was a well-liked and respected player for many years, I am sorry for your loss and the loss to the community at large.

NwBie

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2022, 09:14:06 PM »
 :salute

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2022, 12:55:54 PM »
Heartbreaking... Always a gracious adversary. My condolences to Family and friends. 
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2022, 04:50:39 PM »
We will miss him...

:salute   :cry
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2022, 05:27:55 PM »
Wow shocking to see this, truly a master of the p38 and fighting him over the years was always an education in the game, rip  :salute

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2022, 02:44:03 AM »
Ack-Ack and I have been adversaries in the air for many years, but it never affected the respect I had for him and his skills in the P-38.  I never let myself get caught in a turn fight with him, but he was feared in the air.

Thoughts and prayers to Mrs Ack-Ack and his family and extensive in-game friends.    :salute :pray

"ROX"
And where have YOU BEEN?   If same "Rox"..'Bish'...later of evening..30k..."WTG BW"... ,"ROX"?   Where that feller at....oh the DOT way up yonder!  :aok  Haven't seen ya lately :bhead Hope all is well :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2022, 03:24:26 PM »
I must be the only guy he openly disliked.  I never liked being shot down by him so I always ran away and waited until he got tangled up in some medium alt dog fight, then I would drop the hammer, man he hated me. 

I remember this one time.....

Oh well.

Rest easy ACK-ACK
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2022, 07:36:57 PM »
This is a VERY SAD and a lose that really "hits home". Not sure if that makes any sense to anyone else out there but it's the way I feel about Ack-Ack and how I he fell into the game that I have logged over a 100s of hours a month for many years of playing!
I'm very sorry to hear this and the loss of him playing the same game with me over the years will always be a lot different!

<S>Always
Morph :salute
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2022, 12:20:43 AM »
Morph

Murdr and I were talking about Jose’s unsudden death . We both flew with Ack-Ack for many years since Aur Warrior and Aces he was always a great squaddie friend and Advasary in the Game Since Ack-Ack flew the Squadron name 479th Raiders til he passed that Squad name should kinda be retired even though I know that can’t happen and one of the original members of the 479th wish it could happen

<S>
Molsman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2022, 09:10:49 AM »

RIP Ack-Ack  :pray :( :( :(

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2023, 09:39:23 AM »
 OMG I came into the forums today only to find two of my favorite personalities from the old days have passed.
Ack Ack was always an AH legend to me, I'm very sad to read of his passing. RIP <S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2023, 06:15:03 PM »
First of let me express my condolences to his family and anyone that knew AcK-AcK. i hated him as an opponent, but he was a good guy!

i read somewhere that someone suggested a monday night madness with all P38's as a tribute to Him?!!

Consider it done. this monday night join us from 8pm EST til whenever. P38's only in monday night madness.

see link:

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,406712.msg5386350.html#msg5386350