Author Topic: Why not just change the eny system and let it be community based?  (Read 2559 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Would anyone get on board with that without protesting or settling for what this game could be but its not?

"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Why not just change the eny system and let it be community based?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 10:01:19 PM »
Seriously let it go man… “the game” is one dude. He’s done enough, we are all still here. Just play Meta. That’s all, play.

Btw I am an IT director for a Fortune 500 company, post COVID world is different,  you gotta let it go.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 10:03:20 PM »
My opinion is pretty simple but ENY has always been a core principle of this game for as long as I've played it, and it seems to have always sorta worked for the most part.

Now I do agree some planes (cough yak3) need to have their ENY reevaluated

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 11:27:33 PM »
Why all the SPAM? :bhead
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 08:17:07 AM »
^^ THIS ^^

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 08:20:46 AM »
My opinion is pretty simple but ENY has always been a core principle of this game for as long as I've played it, and it seems to have always sorta worked for the most part.

Now I do agree some planes (cough yak3) need to have their ENY reevaluated

Yak3 and 190D for sure. Why so hard to re-evaluate? Just look at the #s... Yak3s are hard as hell to shoot even right on their 6. A tiny little plane that blends well with the terrain and can flap and run better than most planes. Same with the 190D.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 10:29:57 AM »
Seriously let it go man… “the game” is one dude. He’s done enough, we are all still here. Just play Meta. That’s all, play.

Btw I am an IT director for a Fortune 500 company, post COVID world is different,  you gotta let it go.

Well im not paying another dime
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 10:31:22 AM »
Yak3 and 190D for sure. Why so hard to re-evaluate? Just look at the #s... Yak3s are hard as hell to shoot even right on their 6. A tiny little plane that blends well with the terrain and can flap and run better than most planes. Same with the 190D.

Ya i mean the system doesnt work at times and I fell like as a community since we keep the lights on we should be able to have a say in how to fix eny but that is my opinion

Offline Simon

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 10:41:53 AM »
Yak3 and 190D for sure.

Yes, please. Rooks fighters are 50% Yak 3s and Bish are 50% Doras. Both are get-out-of-jail-free planes.

Veteran players who fly these almost exclusively should be ostracized.

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 12:15:10 PM »
Well im not paying another dime

Whine whine whine!  :cry

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 12:23:08 PM »
I agree about the Dora, it got 3582 kills last tour, and with it's astounding speed, climb-rate, dive-speed, energy-retention and guns it still only got a Kill/Death Ratio of 1.55. You can readily see what it's being used for.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 12:47:18 PM »
Post some ideas on how to balance a lopsided situation before deciding  ENY should be eliminated. The side with the lowest numbers has a big disadvantage. Fighting a horde can be quite frustrating. The horde does not need the best rides. The lowest number side does. Come up with a better system to balance the sides when the numbers are not balanced. The auto select for country using bonus perk points is helping. The players that switch sides get to know players in other countries. That is important as well.

We all want to use our favorite ride, but now is a good time to learn some of the mid war rides. And get good at it. Practice offline intil you get the feel for it.

My two cents.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2023, 01:18:27 PM »
Couldn't the ENY numbers be simply adjusted to reflect the decimated population? It would be logical that you'd need way more penalty given the increased sedentary nature of the remaining population.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2023, 02:43:57 PM »
Didn't Albert Einstein have a theory about the definition of insanity?   :bolt:

urban girl names
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 02:52:45 PM by Max »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 03:26:32 PM »
Didn't Albert Einstein have a theory about the definition of insanity?   :bolt:

urban girl names

OK.  That one's kinda funny.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.