Author Topic: Saved skins disappeared.  (Read 309 times)

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Saved skins disappeared.
« on: January 10, 2023, 10:57:23 AM »
 All of my saved skins have vanished from the hangar. About 50 or so. Available yesterday and gone today.

They are still in the AH skins folder but missing in game.   Suggestions ?  Thanks.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Re: Saved skins disappeared.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 11:26:15 AM »
Don't in now what caused it. But If you click trough the skins ingame it will start downloading them within minutes. Alternatievely you can download them all here: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/skins/

Gl sir <S> Fly safe
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 11:39:49 AM »
Thanks for responding Dutch.

I fixed the issue by moving all my skins from skins folder to a folder outside of the game. Logged into game and all skins showed up in red. Exited the game and put all my skins back into AHIII/skins folder. Logged into game and voila, all my skins are back and usable.

Btw...I only download skins from the AcesHigh home page to get only the ones I want. No need to auto download hundreds of skins I don't want.

All is well now. <S> All.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 04:04:36 PM »
 All is not well.  :(

All skins show red in hangar. Not usable. Going to try something else.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 01:27:15 AM »
That has happened to me, too, and the only cure I could find was to re-download the missing skins.

A very faint memory tells that I've managed to fix such an issue by restarting the computer but that might have been something else than missing skins. It was back when there was no crap called "fast boot" so on current operating systems you'll have to keep the Shift button pressed while clicking shutdown (word says that clicking "reboot" would bypass fast boot but I'm cynical). Worth trying, though!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 05:50:25 AM »
 Thanks for responding Bizman.

Last night I deleted all of my skins and went to AH home page and re-downloaded eleven of them. They showed up in hangar and worked fine last night and again today. Fingers crossed that all is good.  <S> All!

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 09:21:31 AM »
I wonder if you could save the downloaded skins on your computer and reinstall them into the game if need be.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni