Author Topic: Alec Baldwin to be charged for his murderous on-set rampage  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Alec Baldwin to be charged for his murderous on-set rampage
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2023, 01:24:50 PM »
Heard they were hunting/plinking with the pistol also..

It might back up on the last doing that as they didn't disarm what they armed and somehow put it back for filming use..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2023, 01:32:55 PM »

It might back up on the last doing that as they didn't disarm what they armed and somehow put it back for filming use..

Who is "they"?  Baldwin?  If that was the case, you moved a lot closer to agreeing with the charge.

Hopefully Hollywood learns from this and handle things differently.   :rofl :rofl :rofl

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2023, 01:49:09 PM »

Eagler

I heard that too months ago. but if was none of the actors. how the real bullets ended up in the vehicle holding all the props we never explained

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2023, 02:34:12 PM »
A blank round can actuate the recoil slide just he same.  Smoke, barrel flash everything.  We used them in M-16 during training exercises in the AF with Miles gear.  Fully operated the weapon exactly the same. 

The best approach would be to make blank a non-standard caliber and modify the chambers to take that and not fit a normal round.  Maybe a business opportunity there for gunsmiths.

That's what I meant. Prop guns that fire blanks.

I think the reason why they don't make special guns is that it would be super expensive to make all of the different types of historical guns that they use in westerns and other movies.

So blank rounds are used in re4al guns. At least that's my understanding.

But going back to Alec Baldwin, he was the producer. He also was the guy who pointed it and fired it at a person. I don't know how he can escape responsibility.,

Like I said, actors are supposed to know not to EVER point a gun at anyone. A gun that fires blanks. They're supposed to be treated as real guns - and that was actually made clear after rules were changed after Brandon Lee was killed by a blank.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Peabody

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2023, 04:40:34 PM »
A blank round can actuate the recoil slide just he same.  Smoke, barrel flash everything.  We used them in M-16 during training exercises in the AF with Miles gear.  Fully operated the weapon exactly the same. 

I am not aware of any M-16 that could shoot multiple blank cartridges without a blank adapter. Kinda makes it obvious even for the chairforce.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2023, 04:48:01 PM »
Relax.. If he's found guilty the most they'll make him do is film a couple of anti-gun PSAs that they'll play during every commercial break on tv for the next fifteen years.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2023, 04:50:46 PM »
Alec Baldwin will not spend one day in jail for this, when he's found guilty.
He'll get fined and probation.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2023, 05:05:05 PM »
I am not aware of any M-16 that could shoot multiple blank cartridges without a blank adapter. Kinda makes it obvious even for the chairforce.

(Image removed from quote.)

True, but that could be built into the internal of the barrel.  It's just choking it down to create more back pressure.

The reason they didn't do that with the M-16 is they wanted to take them off later and have them function.  Prop guns should never be able to fire real rounds so that mod doesn't need to clamp on and off, it should be permanently built into the barrel.

A choke cylinder could be inserted deep enough into the barrel to not be visible and soldered into place.  It would still allow enough gas to escape to show a muzzle flash while creating enough back pressure to exercise the action.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 05:28:08 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2023, 05:29:42 PM »
Sounds like you've found your true calling.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2023, 09:17:28 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I have used M-16s with blanks without a blank adapter. When I was young and in cadet forces we used a mix of FN-FAL (SLR) and M-16s as opposing forces (for the NZ Army). I only saw the blank adapters being used on LMGs, we certainly didn't have any on our M-16s.

Offline Peabody

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2023, 11:49:23 PM »
I have used M-16s with blanks without a blank adapter. When I was young and in cadet forces we used a mix of FN-FAL (SLR) and M-16s as opposing forces (for the NZ Army). I only saw the blank adapters being used on LMGs, we certainly didn't have any on our M-16s.

Unless you’re manually cycling the rifle , using the charging handle, for each round, I believe you’re mistaken. You need a blank adapter to contain the gas pressure in the barrel long enough to build the necessary pressure to operate the gas blowback system, thus cycling the bolt, to discharge the spent case and to feed a fresh blank round into the chamber. Because blank ammo does not have a bullet, the gases would escape the barrel too quickly to operate the rifle otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 12:08:24 AM by Peabody »

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2023, 05:43:00 PM »
The m16 is a gas charged rifle.  Without the back pressure of a live round or a blank adaptor, the rifle cannot cycle.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2023, 06:20:47 PM »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2023, 06:37:54 PM »
I'll always stand behind Alec Baldwin.

https://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot&play=true

You sure? He might have one of these

See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2023, 04:21:09 AM »
Hopefully Hollywood learns from this and handle things differently.   :rofl :rofl :rofl

Doubt it. Brandon Lee died in similar circumstances in 1993.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234