Author Topic: Letter concerning ENY issues to HTC  (Read 3500 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: Letter concerning ENY issues to HTC
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2023, 07:49:45 PM »
Whenever ENY hits +20 it kills the action. This is happening at times of low numbers.

The higher the number the more relaxed ENY becomes. That is a problem.

"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2023, 07:58:56 PM »
It doesn't help that dar can now tell what you're flying (bomber/fighter) and which way you're going.
That's when I called it quits. Dot-Dar was much better.  Actually had to try to make an educated guess of what was going on.

Coogan

Concerning the bomber/fighter icon, it would have been much better if that wasn't depending on plane type, but by having a formation or not.
As it is, you can immediately tell that's an unarmed Mossie bomber over there, because it has a bomber icon, while the MK VI has not.
The poor D3A has a bomber icon, despite being way smaller than a P-47.
If small icon= single plane and large icon = formation, it would also make for some interesting tactical choices...

The build in tail warning radar however is just horrible. You don't need to look around anymore, bad rearview doesn't even matter, just have the map open. Heck, you don't even need that, as any guy in a tower 300 miles away can give you a warning. (For anyone saying, "you should not stalk, you should fight!" - this IS part of the fight, trying to make use of blind spots of the enemy plane is part of combat tactics. Same as accepting cockpit view limitations in some planes. 
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2023, 08:22:21 PM »
Concerning the bomber/fighter icon, it would have been much better if that wasn't depending on plane type, but by having a formation or not.
As it is, you can immediately tell that's an unarmed Mossie bomber over there, because it has a bomber icon, while the MK VI has not.
If small icon= single plane and large icon = formation, it would also make for some interesting tactical choices...

The build in tail warning radar however is just horrible. You don't need to look around anymore, bad rearview doesn't even matter, just have the map open. Heck, you don't even need that, as any guy in a tower 300 miles away can give you a warning. (For anyone saying, "you should not stalk, you should fight!" - this IS part of the fight, trying to make use of blind spots of the enemy plane is part of combat tactics. Same as accepting cockpit view limitations in some planes.
+1
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 09:21:31 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2023, 08:27:29 PM »

:aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2023, 07:41:50 AM »
Just lowering the distance an icon is visible would help imo

MNM icon setting should be in MA

Dar bar should only show if in enemy territory to symbolize that they have been spotted and reported by someone on the ground...unless a friendly is within icon range, it could show then to regardless the map location

There needs to be a balance between the no surprise anyone at anytime as it is now in ma and the can't see anything , where is the fight, where the heck am I  experience I get in other ww2 a2a sim multiplayer servers..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2023, 12:17:55 PM »
My only issue with the old radar system was how easy it was to knock out radar at a field, thus making it look like no action at a field if it went down. A bunch of flashing bases with a tiny dar doesn't project much action. I do agree that stand alone bombers should not have a big icon. Last night we had 3 players go to a Vbase to attack bombers, low and behold it was lone A20 that we wasted our time for, then had to fly past our field back to another field to defend which took an extra 10 minutes, by that time it was too late. I feel bad for that lone TBM off a CV causing 15 players to roll to get da bombers. I still wish Radar was a little harder to knock down, needs like 1.5k pounds and certainly nothing should show up outside radar range. One issue I dislike is that you could be in the middle fighting but still show up on the map so that it's easy to b-line right to a player to gang them even if they are outside of radar range.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2023, 12:40:22 PM »
  dot dar x 100

I miss the old dot dar.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2023, 10:21:25 PM »
I miss the old dot dar.

Not me.  Current settings make it easy to find fights, which is more important now that we have fewer people.

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2023, 10:51:44 PM »

Not me.  Current settings make it easy to find fights, which is more important now that we have fewer people.

- oldman

With the dot dar we could see that there were aircraft coming too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2023, 12:04:43 PM »
With the dot dar we could see that there were aircraft coming too.
it was good to run into you last night :salute

Come in at a higher attack angle and following through the attattack with descent makes it much harder to track with the guns. Just want to advice that helps.  :cheers:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2023, 12:18:18 PM »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2023, 01:06:53 PM »
it was good to run into you last night :salute

Come in at a higher attack angle and following through the attattack with descent makes it much harder to track with the guns. Just want to advice that helps.  :cheers:

I had a lot of team chatter I was part of... did not know I ran into you. I missed it. LOL

Last night was a good fun margarita night... wooot!!  :cheers:  :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2023, 06:46:53 AM »
It doesn't help that dar can now tell what you're flying (bomber/fighter) and which way you're going.
That's when I called it quits. Dot-Dar was much better.  Actually had to try to make an educated guess of what was going on.

Coogan

I have to admit, you certainly have a point.

The mystery and tactical aspect is lost when the icon tells you 50% of the information you need to validate whether a target is worth chasing.
If it gave Speed and Alt I'm sure even more people would call it quits.
Dot dar is sorely missed from a gameplay perspective.
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2023, 12:54:18 PM »
To whom this may concern,

Over the past 2 months, I have observed over 3 dozen situations where ENY has affected countries without significant numbers to support the restrictions; In my humble opinion, they should not be penalized with ENY. This has been going on for years with the declining player base.

What I am observing on a continual basis is as follows.

1. Large forces of up to 35 players swarming a base with only 3-10 defenders. This happens on a regular basis during primetime. When the base is not captured the horde continues. After these players have their fill they log for the night creating a huge problem in regards to eny. Players that stay and fight through it, then continue to play once the horde logs, are then restricted to +20 ENY for several hours.

2. Large forces on the bishop side roll throughout the morning. This is countered at times with shade accounts. Up to 15 players continually roll bases after base. Once they are logged for the day this creates a huge eny problem for other countries for up to 2 hours. Eny of 10.5 to +20 is common almost daily from this scenario.

3. On several occasions I have observed a side winning the map and then not returning for up to an hour or more. While everyone else wants to get a good start on the next map, they are restricted to above +10 to as high as +20 eny for an hour or more.

This is both killing action creating game play and limiting paying customers from enjoying the game. I understand that eny is the lesser of two evils but ENY is only working against those not hording. If I stay around and fight 5-15 v 1 engagements for hours I should not get hit with high eny. I only fly b17's or b24's and I face on multiple occasions each week with restrictions when there should be none.

It is my opinion that ENY needs to be scaled back or eliminated entirely. The hordes roll with little to no eny. It is not OK to ask paying customers who wish to spend their time in this game to log off just so ENY can affect the enemy; or to switch sides after investing the time and energy for hours if not days to win the war for a particular side. The autoside switch does not work anymore the way it was intended and nobody uses it for the intended reason either. It is now used to perk farm.

Over the next week I will provide some solutions from players and myself and hopefully you will find one that works for everyone including the business.

Please go to the forums and read what others have said from posts that MERV has started which is my bbs member name.

Forgive my disruptive behavior at times. I'm passionate about this game. I do act immature at times but I am finally addressing my mental health.

<S> Finetime/HQRUS
Jordan Hartley

I'm just chiming in as a newish observer.

Settings vs Gamers vs Simmers. The differences should be obvious. If the gamer can't game the numbers into ridiculousness, they will leave. If the simmers can't have a more realistic game play, they leave.

AH has a problem, it's sitting on a razor fence to please both sides, when it's actually virtually impossible to please both. They are conflicting mindsets. Both pay, bot think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. One can toy with the settings until the world goes flat to no avail of happiness.

Gaming the game is the main culprit of losing players, the HOing is ridiculous nonsense. HOs are going to happen from time to time,.. when it's in the design of the flight,... its very bad for the game/sim.  This will also push the simmer who know they are going to be HOed every potato peelin flight, they have to pull the trigger. It's a very ugly epidemic. at 5-1 odds 3 of them instantly tried to HO me, one succeeding, that's some pansy bellybutton flying.

Hording unprotected bases, because they are unprotected,.....we all know what that is.

Settings (good or bad) are one thing, exploiting them is damaging. Allowing them to exploit them is disheartening.

Point being,.. to make things "right" which crowd do they try to please? If they can't make money it's mileage will vary.

From my experience, the gamer tends to cook the rest of the audience simply for immature shts and giggles. They don't care, they'll just jump to another sim and destroy that too. There is no one to fight because their NONSENSE chased em out.

While my unsolicited rant may not apply exactly to what you posted,... it's the gamer vs the simmer in a never ending battle.  Like most things, they will inspire a flame and personal attacks, because they have no merit to stand on in the debate, its a deflection from tardness.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2023, 01:00:53 PM »
War Thunder satisfies Gamers, DCS satisfies Simmers, and AcesHigh is just diddlying awesome, but like great works of art, not appreciated in its own time.  :old:
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho