Author Topic: Aces High Squad Timeline  (Read 3550 times)

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Aces High Squad Timeline
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2023, 06:30:46 PM »
Arial Crowd Control Service (A.C.C.S.) was Wedge and Mage's Air Warrior squad, I'm not sure when they started. I was already a member of the 33rd Strike Group (Formed in 1996 on AOL) when I joined ACCS at Awcon 98 were Mage gave me an official A.C.C.S. windbreaker.

I left the ACCS when my primary squad's (33rd Strike Group) XO (Arrow) banned multi-squad membership, but that was right around the time Gamestorm/Kesmia was purchased by EA. Both the ACCS and 33rd made the move from Air Warrior III/MV to Aces High and they died around the same time (2003) Devi from the 33rd, Whels from ACCS, and Myself Joined the Damned at the same time back in 03/04.

I have the logo for the 33rd.

The ACCS Logo was pretty simple it was just a navy blue background with Yellow A.C.C.S. text with the smaller text words "Areal Crowd Control Service" underneath. it was ment to look like a government agency logo/jacket back like ATF FBI ect. I still have my windbreaker it's a little worn but you can see the logo on it.
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2023, 08:40:15 PM »
Arial Crowd Control Service (A.C.C.S.) was Wedge and Mage's Air Warrior squad, I'm not sure when they started. I was already a member of the 33rd Strike Group (Formed in 1996 on AOL) when I joined ACCS at Awcon 98 were Mage gave me an official A.C.C.S. windbreaker.

I left the ACCS when my primary squad's (33rd Strike Group) XO (Arrow) banned multi-squad membership, but that was right around the time Gamestorm/Kesmia was purchased by EA. Both the ACCS and 33rd made the move from Air Warrior III/MV to Aces High and they died around the same time (2003) Devi from the 33rd, Whels from ACCS, and Myself Joined the Damned at the same time back in 03/04.

I have the logo for the 33rd.

The ACCS Logo was pretty simple it was just a navy blue background with Yellow A.C.C.S. text with the smaller text words "Areal Crowd Control Service" underneath. it was ment to look like a government agency logo/jacket back like ATF FBI ect. I still have my windbreaker it's a little worn but you can see the logo on it.

I always saw ACCS and the Damned as pretty elite squads of AW, quite a few staff in them as well. I think ACCS was the first squad I saw, or remember.

Ironically,....the very first time I got on AW, when I found out my old 386 would barley pull it, my first AW name was "Arrow", I'm not the same guy.

My first BRAND NEW version of Air Warrior Flight Simulator (version 1.5) 1988.
https://www.amazon.com/Air-Warrior-Flight-Simulator-version-PC/dp/B000BM2SXY

Loggin on was a PITA. I couldn't play much because of overload, connection sucked. 486 (wow) Windows 95 and some more memory and video card I could play more, connection was still a PITA. AOL access to the game, when I finally could play on a more regular basis, and changed to "Animl" 1996.

Was CO for "Flying Tigers 135th" for several years.

1988 first time on AW and as HT said "...WOW, we've been at this a LONG time... " Yep, we have. I just got a 2nd wind. :)

in 88 I was 28. And while looking at that box I said "maybe I'm too old to be playing computer games" <blank stare> :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 09:20:49 PM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2023, 05:27:13 PM »

Thanks for that link.  Brings back some memories, it does.

- oldman
Holy cow, that sure does. I think HiTech may remember more than Grits or I. I've only been with the Gumfighters (we're oooold) for over 20 years. Hitech for over 30.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech