Author Topic: HQ  (Read 2936 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: HQ
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2023, 12:58:08 PM »
This is the most AH complaint ever!

It take 5 minutes for 3-4 people to resup an HQ.

Maybe instead of flying around squeaking about not being able to find flights, go be a team player and resup your stuff.

Now that Dar is dumbed down and you can see what & where an aircraft is going, why not just up and intercept them?  Problem solved.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2023, 01:24:00 PM »

Maybe instead of flying around squeaking about not being able to find flights, go be a team player and resup your stuff.

Oh we did resupply it, each trip was 10-15 minutes if you didnt RTB. But again, its not the game play a lot of players sign up for.

Oh and I forgot to mention, Knits had 20% of bish bases as did the Rooks, so if you were "playing the game" shouldnt the Knits flattened the Rooks HQ? Those were the bases they needed, right?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2023, 01:28:38 PM »
Oh we did resupply it, each trip was 10-15 minutes if you didnt RTB. But again, its not the game play a lot of players sign up for.

Oh and I forgot to mention, Knits had 20% of bish bases as did the Rooks, so if you were "playing the game" shouldnt the Knits flattened the Rooks HQ? Those were the bases they needed, right?

You “signed” up to play the game the way you prefer just like everyone else did for the same reason.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2023, 01:37:03 PM »
You “signed” up to play the game the way you prefer just like everyone else did for the same reason.

Was there a time people could have signed up when you couldn't drop country DAR?

Country DAR could be dropped for as long ago as I can remember.

So people signed up under that design.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2023, 01:43:22 PM »
That's just a spillover pushback from the way morning bish horde preps and leaves the map (un-won but mostly done) for later bish, who end up on the flip side 1v2 of their morning 2v1 where often knit/rooks strats are porked... occasionally even HQ).

Morning play sets the tone for the day and bish often have more than knits/rooks combined from about 8am to mid-afternoon. As you sow....

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2023, 01:46:47 PM »
Which map?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2023, 01:52:38 PM »
Prettty sure Crags since we're on Blacksea now.

Which map?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2023, 02:16:55 PM »
Rolling bases is not my idea of fun. Neither is the wittle generals on country channel. One in particular. The whining gets old.

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2023, 02:22:07 PM »

in most cases that scenario is correct  :cheers:

In this case I rallied Knights to level their city to 35% over an hours time. During this I went to the Barracks factory and dropped it 50%. Then I went to the airbase that resupplies the city and HQ and destroyed the Barracks that lasted over 100 minutes. By the time it was all said and finished HQ was down for 83 minutes without the ability to resup it within 30 miles.

If I am going to do something like this I'm going to do it right. Sometimes it's not enough to take bases. I have to beat my opponent into submission in order to subdue any counter-offensive against superior numbers.  :salute :aok

Fugitive, I am sorry that I ruined your game play on your one night of the week to play. I whole heartedly promise it was not to ruin yours or anyone else's fun from a real life perspective. It was to dictate the way the map was going to play out last night in order to win the war. I mean that. Now from a game perspective I absolutely meant to ruin the fun for bishops in regards to the war and it worked like a charm.  :cheers:

Personal BS aside I advise any and all fighter jocks not to get tunnel vision but keep the aspect of the war in mind when playing in the MA. Otherwise you are susceptible to things like this in the future :old:

GG's <S>
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 02:31:42 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2023, 02:51:57 PM »
I don't know what's more pathetic, that fact that you enjoy digital whack-a-mole HQ bombing so much or that you think the negative way it affects the arena is somehow a good thing.

Edit: Comparing what you do to whack-a-mole is a bit disingenuous. Whack-a-mole actually requires some level of skill.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 02:54:14 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2023, 02:54:15 PM »

*snip*

I like this line of thinking.  From how I am reading it, your intent wasn't to be a "griefer", but to try and get things "under control".  And it is not like you took a snippet of time to do it, it legit took a good amount of time to get it done (which I am all too familiar with, what with being primarily a strat bomber pilot).  If they were unwilling to properly counter it after so much time, that is entirely on them.  Again, it's not like it was a wham-bam job, plenty of time to counter.

However, it does sound to me that HQ defenses are still a bit on the weak side after all this time.  :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2023, 03:00:12 PM »
I like this line of thinking.  From how I am reading it, your intent wasn't to be a "griefer", but to try and get things "under control".  And it is not like you took a snippet of time to do it, it legit took a good amount of time to get it done (which I am all too familiar with, what with being primarily a strat bomber pilot).  If they were unwilling to properly counter it after so much time, that is entirely on them.  Again, it's not like it was a wham-bam job, plenty of time to counter.

However, it does sound to me that HQ defenses are still a bit on the weak side after all this time.  :)
altogether it was a 6 hour campaign. Started out as a defensive counter-attack that lead to 6 base captures, 6 strat runs, 2 Barracks pork runs, 2 HQ drops  :cheers:

The Bishops still horded 20-30 deep on the knight front as was to be expected. The effect it had limited their ability to push more than 4 bases before running out of steam. We took those back once numbers leveled out. By the time I logged back in at 3am we only needed 3 Rook bases to reset the map.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 03:07:01 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2023, 03:00:16 PM »
I don't know what's more pathetic

Is it pathetic that HT coded it that way?

Or are you saying it is a bug Merv is exploiting?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2023, 03:07:47 PM »

May I ask what this bug is you speak of?  I'm legitimately curious and not being in anyway, shape, or form, sarcastic and/or demeaning.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2023, 03:08:01 PM »
I'll say that it is. Having any game feature that can be knocked out country-wide in one go was a terrible idea. The game would be better if all targets were confined to affecting the immediate tactical area.

Exploiting a game feature is called griefing regardless if it's bugged or not.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com