Author Topic: HQ  (Read 2935 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: HQ
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2023, 03:55:30 PM »
It's an honest question.

Why does Fugi, Chris, and Devil THINK  HT intentionally coded strat targets into the game and intentionally coded their effects?

Do you think he stumbled and typed the wrong code by accident? 

Why are strat targets even in the map if not to be vulnerable by exactly the tactic Merv used? 

Shouldn't you be asking HT to change his arena design instead?

[Edit]  I don't like bragging and crap talking, but I've been here since 1999 so don't tell me that is anything new in this community.  Shane, Citabria, If I tried to remember names I could probably give you 50.  But that has nothing to do with strategic target design.

I believe it was coded into the game for all the reason suggested, its part of the game.

What Im complaining about is in these times it is up to the players to make better game play. Being able to do a thing doesnt mean that it should be done. In this case a player, or play chased away players from the game that is already having trouble keeping players IN the game. That is the problem I have with what he did.

In this case he decided to flatten all strats and HQ as he could while the Bish were already down 40% of their bases and not much of a threat. He has said it was because he hate bish and so seems very vindictive in a game, but what ever.

The point is chasing away player these days is not a good move.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2023, 03:59:46 PM »
I believe it was coded into the game for all the reason suggested, its part of the game.

What Im complaining about is in these times it is up to the players to make better game play. Being able to do a thing doesnt mean that it should be done. In this case a player, or play chased away players from the game that is already having trouble keeping players IN the game. That is the problem I have with what he did.

In this case he decided to flatten all strats and HQ as he could while the Bish were already down 40% of their bases and not much of a threat. He has said it was because he hate bish and so seems very vindictive in a game, but what ever.

what is chasing players away from the game on the knight side was for the entirety of last months tour during primetime Bishops horded bases 20-30 players deep for 2-3 hours most evenings during primetime. Hence why Bishops had 13 ENY for almost 2 hrs as Knights logged due to unplayable conditions.

I did what had to be done to save the Knights from getting completely dominated and losing all the ground that was taken. The reason why Bishops lost over 40% of their bases is because I initially lead a campaign that promoted the taking of bishop bases for Knights and Rooks, broadcasted a truce on 200 that the Rooks respected, and executed a flawless campaign of dominance.

When I started Bishops held 8% of Knight bases. When I finished we won the war 👊 💪
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 04:02:08 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2023, 04:02:39 PM »

Then you're doing it wrong.

You shouldn't be yelling at Merv for merely playing the game EXACTLY as HT intended. 
Whatever code is in place, it's perfectly valid for any player to use.

If you don't like that, you should be telling HT to change the code.  Not crapping on Merv for playing the game EXACTLY the way HT designed it. 

Feel free to fault him for being a braggart.  I won't argue that point. 

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 04:07:49 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2023, 05:04:53 PM »
I don't brag, I merely point out other's weaksauce shortcomings.   :aok 

Funny thing tho' - so many manbabies get all butthurt about me being more annoying than truly offending (you should see some of the screenshots I take - and report to no effect - with actually offensive statements.) It's not what's actually said these days as much as it is who is saying something.

If anything this conversation touches on a valid observation - AH is no longer a place where "Hundreds of players simultaneously battle it out against each other in massive aerial dogfights and bomber raids."   

However, bish often do the same when they have numbers and knits/rooks even less to defend with - as one sows, so shall one reap.

And the true irony is Crags was designed by a ride or die bish player...  it's a new map, not an old one, that could have taken into account the lower overall numbers these days.

Or protected better.

The initial complaint from Fugi wasn't about his bragging.  It was about him dropping dar.

There is no HTC rule against bragging.  Or else Shane would be banned for life. ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 05:09:19 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2023, 05:13:31 PM »
Do you ever play mornings? 

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,407605.0.html

Morning play sets the tone for the day - perhaps players are getting tired of it and punishing the evening bish (many of whom are here during mornings.)

I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2023, 05:14:17 PM »
I don't brag, I merely point out other's weaksauce shortcomings.   :aok 

Not my cup of tea, but certainly a not uncommon part of the combat sim DNA since AW.  If anyone is truly offended, they need a squelch lesson and testosterone treatments.

Oooof.  I was trying to remember a guy....Men of Leisure?  Can't remember his name.  I just remember how vile he was.  Lol.  My own fault for letting anyone get under my skin.

If anything this conversation touches on a valid observation - AH is no longer a place where "Hundreds of players simultaneously battle it out against each other in massive aerial dogfights and bomber raids."   

Then the proper target of your concern should be to tell HT he needs to change his design.  But that might be too scary.  Merv is a softer target.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2023, 05:16:52 PM »

However, bish often do the same when they have numbers and knits/rooks even less to defend with - as one sows, so shall one reap.

And the true irony is Crags was designed by a ride or die bish player...  it's a new map, not an old one, that could have taken into account the lower overall numbers these days.
xactly :aok

You could say another motivating factor to my campaign yesterday was in protest to the Bishops giving you a ban by mass reporting. Having experienced this before myself there is only one way to fight fire with fire :rofl  :cheers:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2023, 05:17:59 PM »
You guys should totally channel all this pinned-up aggression to the Match Play Arena!  :salute

I'm in there hanging out. I'll be waiting for ya! (til im :old: )
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2023, 05:26:18 PM »
As for the HQ thing, I have no issue with it at all, FineTime did a good thing, especially if it reached across countries.

In regard to players feeling "offended" they mash the .report button on me, not on the vile comments (many of the .report players use vile language themselves - and I have a fairly good idea of who they are) that often fly across ch200. Meh - I always push back on hypocrisy.

Remember that recent topic from T24 (tee24) re: banning me?  You should see some of the screenies I have of him, and others using language that children need not be exposed to. Seriously. I hit the .report on vulgar language all the time to no effect, but it's just one (or maybe 2) person so the algorithm ignores it. I'd love for HT to revisit the algorithm or add some oversight function to stop snowflakes abusing it because they're annoyed, not truly offended. It used to be actionable to abuse this feature.  Being annoyed has several solutions other than abusing the .report feature.

But... all things considered, I'm not about to bother HT at this point about it because
a) he has other issues to deal with and
b) he's unlikely to spend much more time coading this game.

Not my cup of tea, but certainly a not uncommon part of the combat sim DNA since AW.  If anyone is truly offended, they need a squelch lesson and testosterone treatments.

Oooof.  I was trying to remember a guy....Men of Leisure?  Can't remember his name.  I just remember how vile he was.  Lol.  My own fault for letting anyone get under my skin.

Then the proper target of your concern should be to tell HT he needs to change his design.  But that might be too scary.  Merv is a softer target.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 05:39:33 PM by Shane »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2023, 05:31:42 PM »
But... all things considered, I'm not about to bother HT at this point about it because
a) he has other issues to deal with and
b) he's unlikely to spend much more time coading this game.

Then the fault is obviously not Mervs. 

Well, not that fault.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2023, 05:40:31 PM »
War has to be fought a way it does not hurt the feelings of the enemy. Merv ignored that rule. Bad boy!   

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2023, 05:40:40 PM »
Agreed.  Merv is ok in my book, and can have an impact in game when he wants to.

Then the fault is obviously not Mervs. 

Well, not that fault.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2023, 05:46:10 PM »
War has to be fought a way it does not hurt the feelings of the enemy. Merv ignored that rule. Bad boy!   

(Image removed from quote.)

I always found getting shot down hurt MY fun.  With so few players, why do they want to hurt my fun?

Enemy planes should only shoot daisies and tulips from their barrels when they are on my six.  When they laid enough blossoms on my plane, it shouldn't blow up.  Rainbows and fairy dust should spray out my tail pipe.

There just aren't enough people left to be shooting each other down like meanies.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2023, 05:52:49 PM »
LLB

That's the guy.  MOL.

LoL. 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2023, 06:53:17 PM »

Then you're doing it wrong.

You shouldn't be yelling at Merv for merely playing the game EXACTLY as HT intended. 
Whatever code is in place, it's perfectly valid for any player to use.

If you don't like that, you should be telling HT to change the code.  Not crapping on Merv for playing the game EXACTLY the way HT designed it. 

Feel free to fault him for being a braggart.  I won't argue that point.

Im not yelling at Merv for doing what he did, Im suggesting he look at the over all picture and not force a bad situation (low numbers) in to a worst one.

Do you ever play mornings? 

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,407605.0.html

Morning play sets the tone for the day - perhaps players are getting tired of it and punishing the evening bish (many of whom are here during mornings.)

I have no issue with the Knits and rooks being ticked off and ganging the Bish. It gets a bit frustrating sometimes as it seems to happen to the Bish more often than not, but at least there is a fight. More targets make more action.

I do find it funny that so many players seem to take the "war" so personally. "Bish screwed us this morning so we have to hammer them tonight!", or "Knits won the war last time, we have to crush them this map!". Its all a bit immature to me, but if it brings the action, so be it.