Author Topic: Active Players  (Read 8305 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Active Players
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2023, 09:31:54 AM »
Who cares who "wins the war"?

I am all for the map being won/changed daily if it means more action

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2023, 09:45:08 AM »

That right there is a stable genius.

Someone got a light tase of his own medicine and went full tard. It's an absolutely comical outcome.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2023, 09:56:16 AM »
Just don't call those hordemonkeys, bunnies - they also get real upset and mash their manbaby buttons when you point out things like this.

Oh, you can expect an anklehumper (or two) who thinks he's on a high horse but fails to realize he's not taking the high road to chime in with some banal observations, seeking some kind of faux validation for their ignorance.

This.

This morning the numbers are 24 v 7 v 6, with the 7 and 6 fighting each other.  Only the players can change this dynamic.  (There are coding changes that might help, but that would probable upset the 24 who enjoy the horde.)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2023, 10:14:04 AM »
I always thought Mindanao produced the best fights.  Close bases, small land mass, and normally potential for a 3 way fight as soon as the map goes into rotation.  If the bases on the long peninsula on the west side were closer to the middle of the map and not stretched out, it'd be perfect.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2023, 10:43:03 AM »
I'd think there are stats showing activity level by map, time of day, etc..

One would think it to be easy to remove the maps with the least action (fun) and only put the best maps in the rotation

I don't care if it is only one map if it has the best action

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2023, 01:36:09 PM »
I will try and come on as a walk on the only day know I can’t do is the 28th that’s my Halloween cookout party. But ya have to remember I will be a mouse player no more fancy flight controllers like my old saitek 52 pro or my ch pedals

Mols, I can send you a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, if you want.  It's a twisty stick.

If you can make 3 frames, you can go ahead and register -- that's fine.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2023, 11:58:14 AM »
I'd think there are stats showing activity level by map, time of day, etc..

One would think it to be easy to remove the maps with the least action (fun) and only put the best maps in the rotation

I don't care if it is only one map if it has the best action

Eagler

There are about 5 maps, that if removed, would make a world of difference for AH and fights. No coding necessary. I'm with you on the fact that it doesn't matter so much if maps get rolled quickly. Infact, with the current morning crew ruining everything, it's probably best if they just win the map, log off, and then a new one starts which prevents the bish from being ganged the rest of the day.

It would be good for the current player base, and it could help revive numbers a bit.  If people actually found a war when they logged in, they might log in more.

I think the biggest killer of #s is a map that doesn't provide direct into the fight action. They log in, see nothing going on, and log out. Or in the evening, players get tired and log, but on a huge map they log faster because the fight disappears. With a map thay provides great fights, you can have a fight last well into the AM because people don't log. Base distance to fight is also a major factor in this. One thing I notice is that if there is no close back bases to defend from, you might as well let the other side take it once they get the cap.

I for one, simply don't understand why gameplay has evolved more for players who like to play by themselves, hide in a tank shooting buildings by themselves or bombing from 35k feet with no one fighting back, rather than towards airplane fighter action where most of the popularity in air combat resides. We need to bring fighters from DCS, WT, IL2, ww2ol  by brining back the fighter action on smaller maps.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 12:57:21 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2023, 01:40:49 PM »
I for one, simply don't understand why gameplay has evolved more for players who like to play by themselves, hide in a tank shooting buildings by themselves or bombing from 35k feet with no one fighting back, rather than towards airplane fighter action where most of the popularity in air combat resides. We need to bring fighters from DCS, WT, IL2, ww2ol  by brining back the fighter action on smaller maps.

That is why I left AH after over 20 yrs of playing.  Now I fly a sim that is constantly updated, has a vibrant community with good multiplayer options, and even a robust A/I that is always willing to fight 24/7.  It is only the fond memories of the years past that keeps me occasionally checking in on the AH forums.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2023, 05:01:11 PM »
I always thought Mindanao produced the best fights.  Close bases, small land mass, and normally potential for a 3 way fight as soon as the map goes into rotation.  If the bases on the long peninsula on the west side were closer to the middle of the map and not stretched out, it'd be perfect.

We got Mindnao tonight for Friday night!! Should be some big action  :airplane: :joystick:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2023, 05:00:07 AM »
Vocal minority was too lazy to add any other mission profiles to their repertoire when arena conditions change (arena is dynamic) and instead rally for the changes that have resulted in low population. 

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2023, 08:11:49 AM »
Vocal minority was too lazy to add any other mission profiles to their repertoire when arena conditions change (arena is dynamic) and instead rally for the changes that have resulted in low population.
lol "it's the player's fault."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2023, 09:27:33 AM »
lol "it's the player's fault."

I'd bet a heck of a lot of players have never sampled certain mission types AcesHigh has available.

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2023, 10:34:20 AM »
If people actually found a war when they logged in, they might log in more.
This is absolutely correct.  :aok  It's why the Pigs are making our own war crack now.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2023, 02:14:40 PM »
This is absolutely correct.  :aok  It's why the Pigs are making our own war crack now.

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2023, 08:44:06 AM »
<S> to all,
In my personal experience, I'm unable to transfer my joy for this game to young guys around me. Most of them are not interested in planes that didn't exist anymore -except on museums or aerial exhibitions-; neither the combat maneuvers required to be a good pilot on the game. The challenge or learning the principles of fly and kill on this game is another wall that the newcomers have.
The cost of the game doesn’t look like a big deal in many but some type of deal for new players could be an attraction point