Author Topic: False equivalency(s)  (Read 3650 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Re: False equivalency(s)
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2023, 05:43:45 PM »
Next year is an election year so there will be something new. Maybe just a nuclear winter.

Maybe we'll watch On the Beach tonight. Don't know if the wife has seen it.

Great movie.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2023, 07:56:23 PM »
Great movie.

On the Beach is one of a small handful of movies that was even better than the good book.  Fail Safe is another.

I have no idea how they got those videos of a deserted San Francisco, with 1959 technology.

- oldman

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2023, 01:56:56 PM »
Polarization, division, creation of uncertainties, disputes, strifes, quarrels... Directly from handbook of cultural marxists. And social media makes it so easy, as big part of lemmings believe everything they find in it.

Same playbook, same % of people not paying attention.   

“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2023, 02:18:41 PM »
I have tested and been tested several times whenever I was around someone that had it. Always been negative. At the time I had no idea that I was one of those that seems to not be able to get it. We have employees and did not want to shut our shop down by bringing it in.

Same with one of my nephews.  His mom, dad and younger brother have had it twice, each about 3 days apart from each other on both occasions.  That means he spent about 4 weeks total living in the Wuhan lab without contracting it.  All of his friends have had it at least once also.   
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 02:23:47 PM by RUSH1 »
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2023, 10:40:00 AM »
Republicans' excess death rate spiked after COVID-19 vaccines arrived, a study says
https://www.npr.org/2023/07/25/1189939229/covid-deaths-democrats-republicans-gap-study
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2023, 10:54:13 AM »
Republicans' excess death rate spiked after COVID-19 vaccines arrived, a study says
https://www.npr.org/2023/07/25/1189939229/covid-deaths-democrats-republicans-gap-study

Hmm how did that polling go? Lol

It's always the first question they ask as you are dying in er..."who did you vote for last?"

Same ole question here too..die with it or from it..

Npr is in the same boat as cnn these days imo

And if true when and where are the liberals celebrating the news?  :aok

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2023, 11:07:02 AM »
Hmm how did that polling go? Lol

It's always the first question they ask as you are dying in er..."who did you vote for last?"

Same ole question here too..die with it or from it..

Npr is in the same boat as cnn these days imo

And if true when and where are the liberals celebrating the news?  :aok

Eagler

Its not by polling, its what districts had the most deaths. But very common to discount the source rather than accept reality. People see ghost that are not there because they choose to see ghost that are not there. NPR did not do the study, they just reported the study. Its not the only study that came up with same results.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2023, 11:52:08 AM »
I believe it just by the fact it affects the elderly

Most elderly are conservative

Most conservatives are republican

Still the with or by question...

I don't blindly trust any news nowadays sadly..it wasn't always this way

After working for marketing research firms I know better than to trust any polling lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2023, 12:37:41 PM »
Unintended irony is the best irony.  This thread delivers.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2023, 01:43:08 PM »
It is extremely easy to create a poll and make the numbers go your way. Get 25000 results, then filter out the numbers that dont agree with your personal views and opinions. Then officially release the poll stating "out of 2000 people, 78% state (insert your view).
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2023, 06:01:43 PM »
Equivalencies are in the eye of the beholder. Reality may exist without a beholder.

If not, does it matter? Or if so?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 06:03:47 PM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2023, 07:24:52 PM »
I believe it just by the fact it affects the elderly

Most elderly are conservative

Most conservatives are republican

Still the with or by question...

I don't blindly trust any news nowadays sadly..it wasn't always this way

After working for marketing research firms I know better than to trust any polling lol

Eagler

Jokes on them, the democrat voters were already dead 🤣
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2023, 09:03:45 PM »
Jokes on them, the democrat voters were already dead 🤣

IMO, I think it's dangerous to push conspiracies and false information, especially based on no science, in the medical field, that can get people in a bad spot who follow it. People did literally die because they were foolish enough to follow the rantings of one man to drink bleach. Because of what I have witnessed at work, and being married to one and living with another RN, I've picked up a lot along the way to know these things being said are very dangerous to readers/listeners. Yet in an operating room you'll be damn sure to be trusting science. I did have covid real bad, one step away from death, it's not something to toy with for political or personal laughs.

You have the freedom to do what you please, beleive what you choose. But I'm personally against talking others into dangerous things, based on politics as the dividing line. Really? A politician over a scientist? who take us to Mars, builds things to a save a life that would otherwise expire, everything is base don science, everything, including physics, instead believe known political habitual liars who can barely tie their own shoes? It's beyond me how much common logic has been lost to swindling drivel on the internet.

That's the only reason I posted it,... it's dangerous to spread myths of the medical field, by common people who have no connection to the knowledge of it.
I'll take the scientific medical field over garbage spread on the InTardNet. :) <S>

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2023, 10:01:57 PM »
IMO, I think it's dangerous to push conspiracies and false information, especially based on no science, in the medical field, that can get people in a bad spot who follow it. People did literally die because they were foolish enough to follow the rantings of one man to drink bleach. Because of what I have witnessed at work, and being married to one and living with another RN, I've picked up a lot along the way to know these things being said are very dangerous to readers/listeners. Yet in an operating room you'll be damn sure to be trusting science. I did have covid real bad, one step away from death, it's not something to toy with for political or personal laughs.

You have the freedom to do what you please, beleive what you choose. But I'm personally against talking others into dangerous things, based on politics as the dividing line. Really? A politician over a scientist? who take us to Mars, builds things to a save a life that would otherwise expire, everything is base don science, everything, including physics, instead believe known political habitual liars who can barely tie their own shoes? It's beyond me how much common logic has been lost to swindling drivel on the internet.

That's the only reason I posted it,... it's dangerous to spread myths of the medical field, by common people who have no connection to the knowledge of it.
I'll take the scientific medical field over garbage spread on the InTardNet. :) <S>

Doctors had 0 clue how the vaccine would work because it had no long term studies and sketchy trials on humans. Infact mrna vaccines didn't work well at all in animals. Doctors prescribed me a drug one time for a sprained wrist when I was little and I had an allergic reaction. My point is that you don't know and Doctors don't know how the drug will actually effect you as an individual. Being worked on in an operation room is a different job entirely. I don't believe the vaccine works because people I know who took it still got really sick. Ive also read about many lasting side effects or straight up instant death. It's every adults job to do their own research and make their own decisions.

Secondly. Since you keep talking about the bleach fiasco. Go back and listen to what he actually said. You are basing your claims off a false media propaganda interpretation of what they told you he said. It's dangerous what the media has done to this country with their rhetoric. Guess who legalized propaganda? You should watch the actual speeches instead of listening to soundbites and spins from a media that hates him.

Again, look what American weak leadership has done to the world with this dementia patient in charge. It amazes me how some of yall can talk crap about Republicans after bringing this guy to the table...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 10:05:59 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2023, 10:27:37 PM »
Doctors had 0 clue how the vaccine would work because it had no long term studies and sketchy trials on humans. Infact mrna vaccines didn't work well at all in animals. Doctors prescribed me a drug one time for a sprained wrist when I was little and I had an allergic reaction. My point is that you don't know and Doctors don't know how the drug will actually effect you as an individual. Being worked on in an operation room is a different job entirely. I don't believe the vaccine works because people I know who took it still got really sick. Ive also read about many lasting side effects or straight up instant death. It's every adults job to do their own research and make their own decisions.

Secondly. Since you keep talking about the bleach fiasco. Go back and listen to what he actually said. You are basing your claims off a false media propaganda interpretation of what they told you he said. It's dangerous what the media has done to this country with their rhetoric. Guess who legalized propaganda? You should watch the actual speeches instead of listening to soundbites and spins from a media that hates him.

Again, look what American weak leadership has done to the world with this dementia patient in charge. It amazes me how some of yall can talk crap about Republicans after bringing this guy to the table...

but he did say that.  here's for you. perhaps a powerful light will come over you.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.