Author Topic: The Damned and Accounts  (Read 4434 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: The Damned and Accounts
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2024, 01:25:13 PM »
You guys focus and complain waaay too much about plane types. It's not the plane type, it's the players. As Banshee said, gameplay hasn't changed. In fact, some of the people agreeing to fly midwar planes just try to gang even harder now to compensate for their lack of ability. I had an entire squad run from me, solo, 3 times, in their midwar planes (yes, the people claiming they want more fun in the MA are the same players running). At one point last week, the entire squadron ran to ack from me, then try to turn and engage when I turned away from the ack.

A number of players in particular head DIRECTLY for ack the moment it's a 1v1 EVERY time, if it's an option to them. And the funny thing is, one of these players is here on the forums talking about how we should fly midwar planes and be more sporting, etc. Lol.

This is what has killed the game. No one wants to deal with players who will only engage when they have a massive advantage, but will run the moment it's remotely fair. Now multiply those cowardly players x3-5, put them in squads, and you've got what the MA has turned in to.

You can change the planes, you can't change the players.

And even if everyone flew midwar planes, it makes no objective difference. There's a fastest midwar plane, like like there's a fastest late war plane. If everyone flew midwar planes, you'd have the EXACT same problem you believe you're complaining about now: people only fly the fastest and best, etc. And then it'd be a debate about flying early war planes. It gets tiring because its never been about planes: it's the players and their lack of ability to own their own deficiencies.

And I've been in a 190A5 almost the entire tour and no, it hasn't made a difference. The same people die the same ways and make the same excuses. I'm holding a ~5:1 with almost 400 kills, 80% of them in an A5 (not bragging, just pointing out that this has nothing to do with me flying a superior plane).

I don't think I'll be playing much beyond this tour.

This makes sense. I think that somebody who picks in a 51D is gonna fly an A5 the same way. They will on engage when they have an energy state or numbers advantage and will most likely run as soon as the fight starts to look like it might be fair. If I recall correctly an A5 can build up a good amount of speed in a dive and keep it for quite a while. In this case the A5 driver could probably get back to his buddies or ack before you could catch him.

I think it makes sense that changing the plane type may not change much if the same pilots use the same tactics.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 01:28:08 PM by hazmatt »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2024, 01:46:03 PM »
This makes sense. I think that somebody who picks in a 51D is gonna fly an A5 the same way. They will on engage when they have an energy state or numbers advantage and will most likely run as soon as the fight starts to look like it might be fair. If I recall correctly an A5 can build up a good amount of speed in a dive and keep it for quite a while. In this case the A5 driver could probably get back to his buddies or ack before you could catch him.

I think it makes sense that changing the plane type may not change much if the same pilots use the same tactics.

Yes, flying in midwar planes where most can catch you, gang you,  and run from you when you get the advantage and turn back around when you pull off makes the game a lot more challenging! That's the whole point. That's what I've been saying. You have to learn new tactics and understand SA more advanced. Flying the fastest planes in the game gives you a lot of advantages and for good sticks it's too easy and makes it extremely tough for less skilled players to find enjoyment in the game. That's why I stress that good sticks fly older planes. Too many predators cleaning the ecosystem isn't good for the environment.

Read what I said though. You can't always use the same tactics because your plane can't just run away when you lose the advantage unlike the top fastest planes. You have learn and practice defense ACM which is a different ACM skill to learn. It makes it tougher for the "best" to simply be able to use E and speed advantage to dictate the fight and escape if they lose advantage.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2024, 01:55:47 PM »
I agree with what you said Violator. In a perfect world.

The point that I was trying to make is if I fly an A5 and only engage  from over 20k and give myself a 10k hard deck at which time I run and climb back over 20k before I engage again that I don't think it would change the game play a whole lot.

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2024, 03:03:07 PM »
It's very frustrating when you fly 5-15 minutes to get a fight, then you get nothing but ack huggers and gangers. I try to never back down from a fight or only use extending as a defensive tactic, but sadly the majority don't fly that way.

I get that not everyone is careless with their score like me, but running from 1v1s or only picking in 1v3s, then running to ack when you get reversed, or making fast passes only ho'ing.. Its maddening. It makes the already broken Match Play arena much more alluring, but trying to get the majority to pull out of their ego and 1v1 you is impossible as well. It drives so many people away.

I think everyone (as in the majority) should stop worrying about what they die to, and worry about why they died. Skyyr is right, if you dont understand basic ACM (I don't myself) you CAN'T understand why you're dying, to encorporate on your mistakes. A lot of us need to go back to the basics to even understand how to learn when we die, learn from our mistakes and improve. Not screaming about inequality, or make and model differences.

P.S. If this post offends you, toughen up old-timer.  :old:

just my 2 cents.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 03:05:59 PM by Blinky »
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2024, 03:14:51 PM »
.. Its maddening. It makes the already broken Match Play arena much more alluring, but trying to get the majority to pull out of their ego and 1v1 you is impossible as well. It drives so many people away.

Many folks including myself miss the hell out of the old Furball Lake DA. Would love to see it make a return and while at it, make access a stand alone lower coast sub...say $9.95 :old:  I venture to say it would bring in new business, give noobs a means to get their feet wet, offer an alternative to the "run to ack picktards" and present as a segue to Melee.

my .03 cents ...adjusted for inflation

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2024, 03:41:45 PM »
H2H is free to play but only 1v1 is working

If the other options worked, some good two sided fights could be setup there

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2024, 03:49:45 PM »
Many folks including myself miss the hell out of the old Furball Lake DA. Would love to see it make a return and while at it, make access a stand alone lower coast sub...say $9.95 :old:  I venture to say it would bring in new business, give noobs a means to get their feet wet, offer an alternative to the "run to ack picktards" and present as a segue to Melee.

my .03 cents ...adjusted for inflation

Wouldn't ht lose $5 a pop as we subscribed to the lower tier with more action or would that be included in the premium $15 subscription

Sounds like a great option!

:cheers:

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2024, 04:56:52 PM »
I agree with what you said Violator. In a perfect world.

The point that I was trying to make is if I fly an A5 and only engage  from over 20k and give myself a 10k hard deck at which time I run and climb back over 20k before I engage again that I don't think it would change the game play a whole lot.

It's still going to be much tougher than a regular speedster late war due to its exceleration and top speed + climb rate. Once you dive in, other enemy planes have a much easier time diving and catching you. You will still be forced to go defensive more often than BnZing in the late war planes and you won't be able to just accelerate away after a couple of turns. Planes like 109s, spits, and P38s don't dive well so you have to be even more aware and understand the situation.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2024, 11:26:37 AM »
I wonder if Il2 DCS or Warthunder gets this kind of drama?

It looks like they are all over here. LOL
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2024, 02:05:48 PM »

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2024, 08:57:45 PM »
Embrace the suckage...I have no equal
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait