Author Topic: Main Arena Trending Down?  (Read 5543 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: Main Arena Trending Down?
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2024, 12:41:48 PM »
I see him in a crowd or higher than you most of the time

Seems I have become his latest shiny object..see his yt vid from last night

What's the command he types in at 12:12?

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

https://www.youtube.com/live/-hztcZN-NxY?si=W2DvoCNGW65a3Oaw

Sky..let your groupies know I  have not been in a k4 this entire month..

The K4 reference is to the last fight we had at the end of last tour. You were in a K4, so I jumped in a K4, and you proceeded to try to gang me with Lazer and 3 other players. I have the film if you'd like it. I killed you then I chased down Lazer over his base ack 6 minutes later.

In regards to your altitude comment, you're very oblivious and lack SA. See, most of the time I'm co-alt or lower than most. In your case, you yourself are usually in the middle of several wingmen or near your own base ack (as was the case most of last night). That alone necessitates having altitude to avoid getting jumped by your wingman or to allow myself to fly over your base ack.

Just like the time I was in an LA and had you shot to hell in a K4. I hit you and extended away, but then decided to be sporting to give you a chance and turn back in, instead of simply letting your engine run out and die. What did you do? You turned into a wingman  (one of the JG11 guys) and then proceeded to 2v1 me, after I voluntarily opted to fight you.

If you actually flew solo (as in, completely alone and without any friendlies near you on a regular basis), you'd realize this. You don't, therefore you're unaware as to why such events occur.

And if you ever listened to audio of when I or my squad is flying, you'd know we don't take the game seriously whatsoever. Most of time is spent laughing. In fact, I literally upped a Spit 1 to kill you during my last sortie, but you logged.

And as always, if you think my advantages are coming from alt or plane choice, we can always go to the DA 1v1.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 01:21:10 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2024, 12:51:28 PM »

.f <player id>

I have actually enjoyed watching his stream on YT on occasion. 

His flying is smart and his aim is golf-clap worthy.  I keep saying to myself, "No way he is going to make that shot."  Then pieces fly.

I guess you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I think he should fly the plane he wants, how he wants.  If he wants to shut his engine down mid-flight that is his choice.  He is only flying the FM HT provided.  If there is something wrong with that FM, go take it up with HT.

I would also extend that same courtesy to Eagler.

Heh.  He reminds me of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Fonck who also used to piss people off.  :rofl

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 01:01:27 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2024, 12:58:47 PM »
I see him in a crowd or higher than you most of the time

Seems I have become his latest shiny object..see his yt vid from last night

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

https://www.youtube.com/live/-hztcZN-NxY?si=W2DvoCNGW65a3Oaw

Sky..let your groupies know I  have not been in a k4 this entire month..

YT makes it sounds like the game is filled with 16 year olds...maybe it is ..such tough foul  language will capping a field is hilarious if not sad...

Eagler

He only types a message to his squad (red channel) "score Eagler"

See, the problem with that is instead of challenging himself, all he would be doing is chasing other players in LW planes.  There's no challenge.  Like he already said, it's more of a challenge flying an La7 multiple v 1 (which is does a lot) than flying a Spit 1 spending all his time using defensive maneuvers and chasing down those that he reverses.  That is the major flaw in your idea with everyone flying MW or EW planes.  If you take all the LW planes out of the arena, there are still going to be players that fly the fastest, most maneuverable MW planes that consistently run away from fights.  It's just the nature of the beast and what is inherently wrong with a majority of the players left in this game.

I dont know, ZE seems to have lots a fights and kills in his Brewster. I have never seen him chase anyone down.... well he cant can he  :)

Nobody is saying remove the late war monsters. Let the below average players have the better machines. The idea could work if those players at the top of the food chain stayed out of them. They dont HAVE to chase players, eventually they will come to them, much like they do to ZE. The biggest problem would be to figure out whos the guys that should stay out of the late war planes. There is no way to setup the game to pick it, its open to too much sandbagging to "adjust" the results. So that leaves just a player choosing to do it. Eagler has chosen to do it for this month and only has kills showing in the G2 and the FM2. Some of these other guys, not so much. We are playing a game and the point is to win for some players, period.

I think it would be a fun experiment if it could be done, but alas..... this is AH and not much gets done.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2024, 02:09:42 PM »
If you don't need a late war plane, you aren't challenging yourself enough.

A D9 vs 5 opponents is harder than a midwar 1v1.

My 600 kills in a A5 were easier than 100 kills in a K4.

If you think someone flying a late war plane is because they "need" one, then you likely aren't experienced enough to have an opinion on said matter. I don't fly late war planes because I "need" one, I fly them to run down runners and prevent ganging.

At the moment, I have more kills in midwar planes than any other squad has in their entirety in all planes, so my comment is coming purely from experience.
Some of us are here for fights/fun. You’re here for kills. There’s a fundamental difference in ego and it manifests itself in game play. Nothing really wrong with flying two week planes if you need kills and are out for retribution for the noob that had the audacity to bounce you in a 5 on 1. A large part of the old guard don’t need a late war monsters because we’ve graduated past the need to slap others down years ago. Maybe you’ll get to that point one day.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2024, 02:19:08 PM »
Some of us are here for fights/fun. You’re here for kills. There’s a fundamental difference in ego and it manifests itself in game play. Nothing really wrong with flying two week planes if you need kills and are out for retribution for the noob that had the audacity to bounce you in a 5 on 1. A large part of the old guard don’t need a late war monsters because we’ve graduated past the need to slap others down years ago. Maybe you’ll get to that point one day.

My main plane this tour is a 190A-5 with over 700 kills. Your primary plane is a P-47D-25, a Late War plane.

Shush sir.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2024, 05:41:19 PM »
My main plane this tour is a 190A-5 with over 700 kills. Your primary plane is a P-47D-25, a Late War plane.

Shush sir.
And if you rewind a month, you died more times in an LA-7 than I flew sorties. Again with you it’s it’s all about the kills…

“I have 700 kills.

Did you see my kills?

I killed him 10x in a row.

But…look at my kills over here.

You died 17 times in the DA and I didn’t even try.

You’re a loser for getting killed.

Poor player1. Poor player1. Poor player1. Poor player1. Poor player1.

Poof”

Nice to see you learning the virtues of more challenging planes though. One day you might fully mature. I’m not gonna hold my breath though.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2024, 05:52:05 PM »
Sky
 I  don't use wingman .. I  communicate only with a check six or a salute

I remember when somehow you singled me out if 3 or 4 109k4s...went right past the others to kill me again...

Amazing I thought at the time how you knew which one was me..

The other day you ran to ack in ur a5 when I had the advantage and turned around after I had turned and engaged another ..and of course you then got another pick

We all do what you try to downplay others for doing...even you the Great Santini Skyyr..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2024, 06:19:31 PM »
He only types a message to his squad (red channel) "score Eagler"

Thanks Fugitive

What is that line about HTC Hub around 12:18?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2024, 06:25:17 PM »
And if you rewind a month, you died more times in an LA-7 than I flew sorties. Again with you it’s it’s all about the kills…

“I have 700 kills.

Did you see my kills?

I killed him 10x in a row.

But…look at my kills over here.

You died 17 times in the DA and I didn’t even try.

You’re a loser for getting killed.

Poor player1. Poor player1. Poor player1. Poor player1. Poor player1.

Poof”

Nice to see you learning the virtues of more challenging planes though. One day you might fully mature. I’m not gonna hold my breath though.

I also have more kills in an LA7 than you have either sorties or kills in total. It's irrelevant though as you're trying to make a red herring to diffuse the fact you are flying late war planes and I'm not (relatively speaking), which makes your entire point meaningless. In fact, it backfired.

You're just fidgeting to try to find another angle, now that you've lost all credibility from a plane-choice perspective.

Better luck next time.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 06:43:45 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2024, 06:29:52 PM »
Sky
 I  don't use wingman .. I  communicate only with a check six or a salute

I remember when somehow you singled me out if 3 or 4 109k4s...went right past the others to kill me again...

Amazing I thought at the time how you knew which one was me..

The other day you ran to ack in ur a5 when I had the advantage and turned around after I had turned and engaged another ..and of course you then got another pick

We all do what you try to downplay others for doing...even you the Great Santini Skyyr..

Eagler

As usual, you're oblivious to your surroundings. I didn't "lose the advantage," I had killed you multiple times and then had finished engaging another and had much less altitude and E in an inferior plane when you approached. I had enough positioning for 1 pass but not much else. An A5 is inferior to the 109s in most 1v1 scenarios, except when you can merge close to co-E.

A pilot familiar with tactics would recognize this; you however don't, and so you confuse trying to set a fight on equal footing as "running from a disadvantage." I'm already at a disadvantage, fighting you and others, in an inferior plane, slow and low. How much of a disadvangage do you expect me to accept? At this point, a comment like that is laughably hilarious.

You're welcome to set up the same fight situation and trade places and planes and I guaranteed you, the scenario would be completely one-sided in my favor.

This is why I commonly throw out DA challenges, to remove any and every doubt in your mind that its not a disadvantage I'm avoiding, it's scenarios that make no logical sense. Notice I had no issue fighting you when you were higher and faster when I switched to an LA-5 the next sortie. Every plane has limits, you fly within those

And I knew it was you in the K4 because of your target fixation.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 06:39:58 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2024, 06:41:20 PM »
Thanks Fugitive

What is that line about HTC Hub around 12:18?

Eagler

he used the dot command .f eagler which is to "find" the named pilot but all it tells him is which arena the pilot is in.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2024, 07:02:26 PM »
I also have more kills in an LA7 than you have either sorties or kills in total. It's irrelevant though as you're trying to make a red herring to diffuse the fact you are flying late war planes and I'm not (relatively speaking), which makes your entire point meaningless. In fact, it backfired.

You're just fidgeting to try to find another angle, now that you've lost all credibility from a plane-choice perspective.

Better luck next time.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOKOLOL! A banned cheater talking about “credibility”. Tell me more…
~Hub Zemke

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2024, 07:06:23 PM »
God I miss Drex and tbe rest of the great sticks with class.

Im thankful for the few we still have..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2024, 07:37:09 PM »
I thought the D25 was a mid war plane?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr