Author Topic: IL2 New Project Reveal  (Read 581 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: IL2 New Project Reveal
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2024, 01:05:23 PM »
Never bothered with IL-2 until they added it in Bodenplatte. Not that I'm biased in any way, right? :P Really nice. I don't feel bad at all flying in the ETO with the 80th FS Nulli Secundus skin on it!

I have Flying Iron's P-38 for MSFS. That one is really nicely done too with clickable cockpit if I'm in the mood for the minutia of just starting it up. It's not like an airliner tho--not hard to do. It gets me around sight seeing faster than the Piper Comanche.  :aok
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2024, 02:02:19 PM »
Never bothered with IL-2 until they added it in Bodenplatte. Not that I'm biased in any way, right? :P Really nice. I don't feel bad at all flying in the ETO with the 80th FS Nulli Secundus skin on it!

I have Flying Iron's P-38 for MSFS. That one is really nicely done too with clickable cockpit if I'm in the mood for the minutia of just starting it up. It's not like an airliner tho--not hard to do. It gets me around sight seeing faster than the Piper Comanche.  :aok

My reaction to eastern front is a lot like my reaction to Korea.  I'm not against it, I'm just...  Meh.  What else you got?

I'm sure there are others who find it really compelling.  That is they way it is.  Different strokes do different folks.  That's why it's good to have lots of viable options to pick from.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2024, 12:49:33 AM »
My Dad was in Korea during the war. I was TDY to Kunsan for the first Team Spirit in the mid 70's and spent a year at Osan in the early 90's. I may not play it much but I'll buy IL2 Korea for sure.

I was a Stinger-Guy at Kunsan in the early 90s.  No Team Spirit that year, but I was an Aggressor during FOAL EAGLE at Osan.... MAN that was the funnestest I ever had in the military (It also scared the crap out of me at learning how bad we were at defending Air Bases at that time.)
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2024, 08:29:30 AM »
My reaction to eastern front is a lot like my reaction to Korea.  I'm not against it, I'm just...  Meh.  What else you got?

I'm sure there are others who find it really compelling.  That is they way it is.  Different strokes do different folks.  That's why it's good to have lots of viable options to pick from.

Eastern Front has just as good if not better matchups than Western Front.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2024, 08:44:00 AM »
Eastern Front has just as good if not better matchups than Western Front.

Not saying it doesn't.

It's purely an emotional involvement thing.  Eastern front just doesn't resonate with me.  Same with Korea.  As a kid, I never fantasized about being a fighter pilot in the battle of Bodenplatte.  Never heard of it.

But by Cod, I was day dreaming about being a Corsair pilot in Black Sheep.

Plenty of others might like it.  Lots players liked IL2, but that's a big part of why that franchise never clicked for me.  I appreciate it technically, it just doesn't let me playout any of my childhood pilot fantasies.

I first fell in love with WWI pretending I was The Great Waldo Pepper!  ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.