Author Topic: While I’m wishing…  (Read 587 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: While I’m wishing…
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2024, 08:17:18 PM »
Resupplying towns while players are actively trying to take the base is an easy way to defend a base while avoiding combat at the same time. It just seems extra cheesy.

This.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2024, 11:37:46 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of a base during ww2 that was actually vultched?

Where fighters had impunity to destroy any upping defensive aircraft?

I don't think it happened often it at all...

Runways need hardened if not indestructible ack..maybe manned if auto even more accurate than ack now imo

Vultching should be much harder

Eagler

Well, they also didn’t have unlimited lives either.

Chuikov

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2024, 03:43:17 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of a base during ww2 that was actually vultched?

Where fighters had impunity to destroy any upping defensive aircraft?

I don't think it happened often it at all...

Runways need hardened if not indestructible ack..maybe manned if auto even more accurate than ack now imo

Vultching should be much harder

Eagler

attack on Hawaii.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2024, 05:33:41 PM »

attack on Hawaii.

semp

Clark and 4 other airfields in the Philippines the following day. I think most of the P-40's at Clark were destroyed on the ground while some actually got airborne.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2024, 05:54:53 AM »
Surprise attacks...any other time?

With unlimited lives it should be even tougher than real life imo..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2024, 11:06:05 AM »
Surprise attacks...any other time?

With unlimited lives it should be even tougher than real life imo..

Eagler

I agree it should be tougher to take bases. Maybe up the amount of tonnage and strafing it takes to bring down a building or object by a third or more. However, I also think the auto anti-aircraft fire should almost be as dangerous to defenders as it is to attackers. It's uncanny how a gunner can differentiate enemy Spit9's from friendly Spit9's. The defender planes need to actually come out to defend a base rather than the base defend them with the "Iron Dome" in place now.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2024, 12:25:59 PM »
I agree it should be tougher to take bases. Maybe up the amount of tonnage and strafing it takes to bring down a building or object by a third or more. However, I also think the auto anti-aircraft fire should almost be as dangerous to defenders as it is to attackers. It's uncanny how a gunner can differentiate enemy Spit9's from friendly Spit9's. The defender planes need to actually come out to defend a base rather than the base defend them with the "Iron Dome" in place now.

As someone who spends most of their time on jabo I would love if it was harder to pork bases and take out hangers.

I can take out two VH’s or other hangers with one fully loaded P47. Not sure if that is right or not.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 09:53:56 AM »
I agree it should be tougher to take bases. Maybe up the amount of tonnage and strafing it takes to bring down a building

Especially considering 1 M4 loaded with 97HE rounds and 60 rockets can single-handedly deack and white flag a town in 5 minutes or so.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||