Author Topic: Connection Lost  (Read 3026 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
Re: Connection Lost
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2024, 03:25:19 PM »
I've lived in 14 states and been to almost all the rest. I was born and raised in Dallas but have lived in other parts of Texas including Pasadena in the '60s for a couple of years. You live out in the sticks anywhere power is going to be more susceptible to the weather. The parts of Texas I've lived in have all had reliable power.

Ok I can swallow that. But to say the blackouts didn’t happen when the whole nation watched is tx pride denial. It was just a little shocking when it was in the news all over the country fir a month. I posted the links, I’ll bet nit one was clicked. The common state of certain people here us trying to catch Animl lying, when i loath lying and call it out like a rabid dog. Everything I post is put under a microscope, finding nothing snd trying it again and sgain. Its a failed, but saving face makes them try over and over to redeam themselves and justify undue attacks, constantly.

No I’m not like your tribe, I don’t lie. Its not normalized here.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2024, 03:28:54 PM »
Blackouts related to a Hurricane do not reflect on the state power grid. Florida is considered to have a good grid yet much of it is without power right now.

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2024, 03:59:20 PM »
Since early 2022... my power has dropped a total of 10 minutes. All logged by my Generac. I am east of Houston.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2024, 08:09:35 PM »
Blackouts related to a Hurricane do not reflect on the state power grid. Florida is considered to have a good grid yet much of it is without power right now.

No its not, and for the record after being in 5 Hurricanes and many tropical storms, the power gets back up and running pretty quickly here in Florida

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2024, 10:05:26 PM »
No its not, and for the record after being in 5 Hurricanes and many tropical storms, the power gets back up and running pretty quickly here in Florida

Being not in Florida I know only what what is reported in the media.

https://poweroutage.us/area/state/florida

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2024, 10:10:18 PM »
The very hottest time of the year here in Texas.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2024, 10:13:54 PM »
Animl's home state.

host image online

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2024, 10:17:17 PM »
I'm on a roll. Note the number of outages in each state. Case rested.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2024, 12:33:42 AM »

No I’m not like your tribe, I don’t lie. Its not normalized here.

What’s that supposed to mean?

How are some of you even still here when I get 20% infraction for a post about the stock market?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2024, 06:02:39 AM »
Being not in Florida I know only what what is reported in the media.

https://poweroutage.us/area/state/florida

[/hi url]
Post that map map 5 days from now. Houston still had 800,000 people without power and 2.3 million the day of the storm.

Florida STATE has less outages than a single TX city did.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2024, 06:09:54 AM »

How are some of you even still here when I get 20% infraction for a post about the stock market?

Because they are the ones smashing the report button over every disagreement
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2024, 07:12:10 AM »

What is this? A limit to how much you can post or a limit to how much you can see? I don't get it.
Maybe a suicidal mutual-fund manager reported you.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2024, 07:35:59 AM »

1) Some people are more than willing to lie or misinform at the drop of a hat, so normalized they see nothing wrong with it, or just enjoy doing it. Or they do it in the joy of just pissing people off because both the speaker and the listener know its BS.

2) I never start a thread about political subjects.

3) I’ve never hit the report button in game, and only twice on the bbs to those who stand on the rpt button on me for the slightest things because they don’t like that I counter them with reality, because they want their KNOWN misinformation to flow unimpeded, unchallenged.

4) The ones trying “catch Animl in a lie” are the ones who hide the truth the most. Projection. They incite trouble then love playing victim, then stand on report button. These whimps got me blocked twice. They don’t want anyone pointing out their con job. Maturity is not their virtue.

5) We have several, like a gold fish in a glass bowl tapping at the wall thinking sooner or later their political post will be allowed, even tho the last 20 were locked. Obsessed with pushing hate and misinformation.

Difference between Bigweek (a hidden forum) you post BS and the community would just hammer you in the ugliest ways because 95% of the players never saw it

In O’club it has to be stopped before it gets as ugly as BW. HT and others had been there and know how ugly it WILL get, which is horrific for biz. The very reason BW was hidden on nntp newsgroup, not the bb.

Posting politics is a biz and number killer. Those who wish numbers would come up do the very things that chases them away, a complete oxymoron. You cannot have both.

I praise HTC for locking political or harassing post. They only have one direction to go, way south and damaging. Its not about hindering freedom of speech, its about losing players, customers, numbers. Former players care zero about that. Some hope to drag numbers down.

That gold fish is never getting out of the bowl. Learn it, live it, live it.

So hate me for trying to up numbers and save the game from community implosion. I’ll wear that badge. It won’t be done with hate and politics.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2024, 07:43:00 AM »
Post that map map 5 days from now. Houston still had 800,000 people without power and 2.3 million the day of the storm.

Florida STATE has less outages than a single TX city did.

"Has" currently. The outages were higher right after the hurricane. Storm severity of course is the issue. My point was that you don't call a grid poor because portions of it are affected by natural disasters. Here we are at the hottest time of the year and Texas has fewer outages per capita of many if not most states. Ironic that Animl was calling the Texas grid horrible when his own much smaller state currently had significantly more outages and we're not talking per capita.

And btw, Houston has a lot more people than any city or county in Florida.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 07:51:53 AM by AKIron »