Author Topic: organization ruining the MA.  (Read 2384 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
organization ruining the MA.
« on: January 21, 2002, 09:55:35 AM »
yep...  lateley we have had a huge push toward "organized" field capture in the MA..   Even the most timid strat potato, sky accountant will admit that it is nothing more than organized boredom.   sounded good but it worked out to be a real bore.. fields are being hit by huge numbers.   There is fie3ld capture but....  It's no fun.   There is no fight.   Maybe a few newbies will attempt to get off the runway and 20 guys will elbow each other out of the way to strafe him but.... No real fights.

Lesser populated enemy fields are soon filled with ack huggers waiting for you  by the time you spend five long minutes flying to em...  great for small talk, lousy for an air combat game...    The best fights now are only sporadic... meeting 2 or three guys halfway that haven't gotten the "team spirit" yet.   Our squad was actually asked by another to join in on this unfair and unfun gangbanging action.... some kinda "joint operations" thingie.   Crap really.

someone said in another thread that the best fights are ones that are fairly equal in number and happen on "neutral" ground... somewhere between fields.   With the long distances between fields this just ain't gonna happen.  the long distances force people to join in on the gangbang or die.

Make the fields a little closer so that the slow planes have a chance to make it back if the fight looks real bad or if they are bingo ammo or fuel.   I think it would kill the ill effects of "joint operations" in the MA if the fields were closer... guys would up to intercept halfway.    course... we need to change the "kill a couple of leantoos and no fighters available" thing at the same time.    What are the best fights right now?   The few fields that are closer and the CV's but neither lasts long as the enemies of fun hate seeing a good fight and it is easy for them to close a field or suicide bomb a cv.
lazs

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2002, 10:01:15 AM »
diddly off

Midnight

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Please HTC, do Lazs a favor...
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2002, 10:05:39 AM »
..ban him!

Seriously, his numerous posts clearly show that the strat system in MA is hurting him to the soul, that the buffs and perked planes are inducing a physical pain to him, and that the sole existence of CT is a torture he can't bear anymore.

HTC, you have to do something quick before he sues you for mental abuse....
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2002, 10:06:57 AM »
back atcha pony girl.
lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2002, 10:09:40 AM »
desillys.... I suppose if you can't dispute what I say then your comment is as good as any.
lazs

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2002, 10:12:12 AM »
Our joint ops are pretty fun really.. but if you souly into air to air combat you wouldnt have much fun.

A lot of the time we are just flying heavy fighters and dive bombing, which doesnt apeal to many, but my self like to play "different games" sometimes.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2002, 10:14:25 AM »
I just vew laz as the balance to the realism fanatics. Neither will get there full wish but both have to be considered.

HiTech

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
To all those thinking 'diddly off lazs'
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2002, 10:14:39 AM »
Instead of giving out remarks like that, try flying on rook side when we have 17-25 players being attacked by raids that have more people attacking a single field than the whole country has defenders.

I had the 'pleasure' of encountering one of such attacks as the lone defender of the field. 20 vs 1 now that's a fair fight. At least it seems that's what you want.

The film

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2002, 10:14:53 AM »
laz if this is a trawl diddly off

if its serious diddly off you strange bitter fool

:D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2002, 10:30:15 AM »
after considering all the oppositions points one by one.... I believe my point is still valid.

Amon... yes.. I agree that some have fun at this but I feel the pendulm has swung too far.   I think that it will get real dull real soon..   I'm just the canary in the coalmine.   Pretty soon even the worst of the timid will see it.   Certainly the new guys are chafing at it.

I believe that you enjoy some real fighting  (come on... I seen ya)..  You certainly don't want it to go extinct.   What I am proposing would not stop missions.    More close fields and tougher cv's.... fitghters available longer at front line fields.
lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2002, 10:36:04 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
I just vew laz as the balance to the realism fanatics. Neither will get there full wish but both have to be considered.

HiTech

Ones person opinion?  yikes....

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2002, 10:39:22 AM »
Bigger maps please. The current ones were designed when AH would average 100 people in the MA, we now have 300-450.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2002, 10:45:22 AM »
Oh my Gawd.........now I have heard it all........:rolleyes:

Hangtime was upset about the lack of organization in an earlier thread, now our good buddy Lazs says there is too much organization and it is killing his game. :p

Lazs, hats off to ya!  This one takes the cake, comrade.  In essence, you just told HiTech his game sucks.  You seem to desire nothing more than anarchy, you think anything that detracts from your own personal game is detrimental to the game as a whole.  HHhhmmm.........

Back to what I suggested earlier in another thread.  Setup your own arena in H2H, or better yet, go to the Training Arena.  You can regulate what planes people can fly in H2H, and lots of  the folks that populate the TA only want what you do, furrball, furrball, furrball, no worrries about base captures, hardly any buffs, etc.

What you are failing to realize, Lazs, is that there is room in AH for both organization and anarchy alike.  The mission guys can do what they want, you can do what YOU want, only time there is friction is when they bump into one another.  If you see a whole gaggle of enemy cons where you are going and you continue on, you are asking to be shot down, gangbanged, etc.  Oh wait.....I forgot that anyone not flying the way that you want is detracting from the game..........
Can anyone else reading this imagine what it would be like if Lazs had control of the game?  After he implemented all his ideas and wishes, what would he have?  ;)   Answer:  An arena populated by one or two people, maybe not that many.

Hitech, Pyro, SUPERFLY, all the HTC staff!  I think you've done a great job with the game and hope you keep advancing it.  Don't let Lazs and his feeblemindedness impede progress.  He already has the means to get what he wants, all he has to do it setup a H2H arena or go to the TA.

FWIW:  From Dorland's Medical Dictionary, 23rd Edition,
feeblemindedness:  Mental deficiency from arrested mental development.  The feebleminded are divided into 3 grades:  IDIOTS, with a mental age below 2 years of age; IMBECILES, with a mental age between 2 and 7 years of age; MORONS, with a mental age between 7 and 12 years of age.

The jury is still out, but so far I have think Lazs rates no higher than the "idiot" definition.  His "me, me, me, ME!" attitude
makes me think that is the right class for him.  

:p

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2002, 10:49:21 AM »
Lazs, if you look ONLY for good dogfights, loosing minimal "travel" time, not being "erased" by the strat guys and not messing up with ack huggers, then there is a question for you:

Why do you keep flying in MA instead of DA or TA? It seems that what you are looking for is a simple 4 midwar planes vs 4 midwar planes.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2002, 10:49:47 AM »
I will poke my head in and get flamed:)

I am noticing a real push on strat and if you wanna fight you need to bring some friends in order to not be outmanned 10 - 1.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, but at times it got frustrating getting slammed on the deck.  The only thing to do is to get YOUR country working together and mount a strong defense/offense.

The games a changing in the MA.  You can't fight it Lasz, you just have to adjust to it and go with the flow.  I prefer to dogfight more than grab real estate, but that means going up against a horde at times.