Author Topic: FA Flight Model  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
FA Flight Model
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2002, 07:04:05 AM »
I am not saying that the game is not great right now what I am saying is better wait until you get into the beta before passing judgement. You can set up a room with full advanced physics if you know how to in the offline mode I believe. Better to fly in the online mode and set up a room there and get people to come in and fly against you. To do that you need to get into the beta. Go to VR1.com and register to get into the beta. When they open it up more you will get a chance to play for free.

If you are on dial up or pay for your bandwidth you can get a free disk by going to http://news://gamenews.vr1.com/ and looking for the post by Shad on getting a disk mailed to you for free.

I have dsl and can download the game in less than an hour. I also have a burner and would be happy to send a couple of disks out for free if you email me your address if the size of the download is really that big of a concern. Send your request to TD_ChesterField@Yahoo.com.

All I ask in return is a couple of hours private lessons in AH when the beta is over and I get some time to come and play this game for a while.

The main reason I like FA more than AH and WWIIOL is the community. I know almost everyone in the game and know how they fly and who is good and who is not.

I expect that is the main reason people here like AH. It is nice to try the different games but as my original post stated if the Flight Model is your main reason for not trying FA then you should give it another look. Just wait till you can get into the online game.

If you can loop just after takeoff and do not have to keep you hand on the stick at all times you are not experiencing full real.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
FA Flight Model
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2002, 07:44:39 AM »
"I expect that is the main reason people here like AH."

Most everyone "here" came from somewhere else.  But existing attachments to a community of players is a large reason many AW, FA and WB's players do not venture beyond what they've become confortable with.  Which is silly imo.

My reasons for not being interested in FAIII is from HAVING tried the demo, not liking the view system,  not liking the FM as well as the graphics, hating the huge download (AH is a tenth and offers so much more) and knowing that when the doors are thrown open to the public that no matter what occured in beta or what the few of you think FAIII arenas will be filled with it will be folks wanting the arcade play that will dominate it.

Westy
« Last Edit: January 25, 2002, 09:51:35 AM by K West »

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
FA Flight Model
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2002, 09:48:33 AM »
Damnit Westy, stop arguing and take your "enlightenment" like a man.

-Sikboy  :cool:
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
FA Flight Model
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2002, 09:55:07 AM »
:) Sikboy.

Not arguing. I'm discussing

does that enlightenment come in a 6-pack??

;)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
FA Flight Model
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2002, 11:41:16 AM »
Originally posted by pimpjoe
i just DL'd FA3(took an hour and a half with a cable modem)

lets just put it this way....i dont thing HTC will be losing ANY customers to this one. at least not anybody with any significance. i took a hellcat up and was doing loops right off the runway pulling 5+ G's the whole time. didnt even come close to stalling. except when pulling negative G's. it stalled when i pulled -1.5G's.

wierd...

i deffinitely wont be leaving AH for this one.

The default offline settings for FA are relaxed realism. If you want the full real FM, you have to set it up.
sand