Author Topic: Reverse Racism  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Reverse Racism
« on: February 21, 2002, 08:39:43 AM »
I was reading the paper this morning and there was a story in there about a case of "reverse racism" in Virginia.  I didn't read the whole thing but it revolved around a white guy who was faced with bigotry after attempting to join some black organisation.

What annoys me is the expression "reverse racism".  This expression assumes that racism is endemic to whites and that if perpetrated against them then it must be REVERSED.

Racism is racism...there is no such thing as REVERSE RACISM!!!!!
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 08:48:56 AM »
"there is no such thing as REVERSE RACISM!!!!!"

that is correct as it is a one way street .....

when's the last time you've seen a whitey win one of these?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 08:53:03 AM »
Try to join a Womens health spa some time...then try to start your own "Men Only" health spa.  Same effect.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Reverse Racism
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 08:59:35 AM »
I saw a great comic strip once on a similar line....

A little white kid is in a magazine store when in walks a little black kid who goes to the counter and requests a copy of "Ebony" magazine.  After the black kid pays and leaves with his magazine the white kid goes up to the counter and requests a copy of "Ivory" magazine.

The guy behind the counter then yells at him "Get outta here kid...this is a progressive magazine store!"
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2002, 03:40:40 PM »
you couldn't be more right curval.

it kinda shows you the going price on racism from one people vs racism from another.

the 'evilness' seems to only depend on who it eminates from.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
Reverse Racism
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2002, 07:47:36 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Try to join a Womens health spa some time...then try to start your own "Men Only" health spa.  Same effect.

Seems to me this is both right but wrong. In the sense of contradiction, yeah.. but why are you people always trying to make yourselves out to be a victim because you aren't allowed to be a victim? That's about what it amounts to. How much do you really care? Would you rather work out a Men Only health spa? Do you want a white culture magazine? The reason for these things is what we have in the mainstream - while our culture is all-encompassing, the basis and general lean is toward a white, male culture base. This is because of norms, one based on majority and one based on tradition. I won't get into male/female culture, since that's phony, but there is a slightly different focus there (though admittedly our society has now managed to effectively hijack the liberation movement by picking it up and making it into a thing for corporate benefit.).

Essentially, you're right about the contradiction in that you wouldn't be able to start a Men Only health spa, or "Ivory" magazine, but it doesn't really matter. The average gym or health place has an atmosphere that's more geared toward men. You want a "white culture" magazine? Pick up just about any magazine off the rack at the supermarket - People, etc. What, you say? There's black people in People? So? There would be white people in Ebony as well, because in todays' broad overall culture there is simply no way that you can pretend that there is no racial overlap. This is good - diversity and unification are only good for us as a community and culture. But broad culture certainly does have certain niches. The default niche, as a result of history and demographics, is aimed more at the white community (which is a ridiculous term to describe a huge diverse group of people who happen to be racially similar, but I can't think of another one). To a lesser extent, it is aimed at the white male specifically. Please understand, this doesn't mean that this is because of a desire to exploit, suppress, or oppress anyone, but it is the way things have worked out. With regard to that at least, I really don't see anything to complain about.

Offline wsnpr

• Nickel Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2002, 07:52:04 PM »
~S~ ispar.  Well spoken.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2002, 08:55:38 AM »
ispar I disagree. I think that there is a  lot to complain about.

We are now near the end of "Black History Month" which is the most prejudice thing I've seen in a long time. Why do these people deserve a month of celebration?

There are groups geared for blacks only(example: United Negro College Fund) and that seems to be ok but try to have a white only group and see what happens.

Not that I want to have one but the point is I can't unless I want to have my bellybutton sued off.

RACISM goes both ways but it seems that it's "OK" for blacks to be racist.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Reverse Racism
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2002, 09:02:00 AM »
Why do these people deserve a month of celebration?

Because you still refer to them as "these people".  I guess its a tad bit better than "those people".

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2002, 09:13:52 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu

Because you still refer to them as "these people".  I guess its a tad bit better than "those people".

I think "these people" is a word for "this culture", I don't think that he meant to isolate, and label them.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2002, 09:16:54 AM »
OK what would have been the PC way of saying it?
Wait..never mind I really don't care.

They/Them/Him/Her/Brothers/Sisters/Black/Negro/other____ (just pick one that doesn't offend you) do not deserve a month of celebration just because of the color of their skin.

I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2002, 09:25:13 AM »
Reverse Racism is Msicar, plain and simple.

Now what's this fuss all about?

Daniel, aka Cyrano

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2002, 09:44:38 AM »
Originally posted by Mighty1
OK what would have been the PC way of saying it?
Wait..never mind I really don't care.

They/Them/Him/Her/Brothers/Sisters/Black/Negro/other____ (just pick one that doesn't offend you) do not deserve a month of celebration just because of the color of their skin.

LOL...love this chit:

There is a Black History Month because for generations that part of our historical background had been ignored. But don't you worry, you still get 11 months of European History.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2002, 10:17:49 AM »
Next month is Italian History Month - lots of spaghetti

April is Latino History Month - lowered Hondas and older women with huge bottoms :)

It is bias MT, I'm sure the African American community did not forget their history as I have not forgotten my family tree history but to make a big deal out of it seems a stretch. Trying not to seem prejudice the PC media goes out of their way to show every celebration and mention it at every turn... just don't see the balance. It seems to inflame and open wounds that should be left to heal IMO..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2002, 10:30:47 AM »
Originally posted by Mighty1

You're right.  "Their" history should be celebrated year long, just like all history.  

BHM is meant to increase awareness of Black History.  Unfortunately, it's limited to a month.  Our society is integrated, our history should be integrated too.  We shouldn't need a month of awareness on the subject.

As to the club thing...  I think any PRIVATE club should be able to invite, accept and decline who they want to.  If you have a private golf club that wants only white male catholics, hey, who gives a damn?  Would you as a non white male catholic actually want to play golf with a bunch of bigoted amazinhunks?  There's nothing wrong with a women's health club.  Hell, if I was a woman, I'd join one before a co-ed club as I sure wouldn't want to spend my hour at the gym as a visual attraction for the men.  I see nothing wrong with a men's health club either.  Tho personally, I WANT the visual attractions at my clubs (mmm, I miss the free health club at FSU).

Oh, and the comic strip mentioned above was from Bloom County if I'm not mistaken.  :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.