Author Topic: So what do you like about 1.09??  (Read 881 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
So what do you like about 1.09??
« on: March 15, 2002, 08:15:32 AM »
Geeze... between figuring out how to get rid of tokyo Rose nagging me about the base being under attack and trying to get rid of the voice box...  All I have been doing in 1.09 is figuring out how to get rid of all the new "features"...   And what's with the Xmas tree lighting on the map?  It wasn't bad enough that every rest stop and Denny's resteraunt was named on the map without making em all blink?

Nice new planes tho... To bad there is no way to use em in a late war centric MA.  Was kinda hoping for a way to make em useful in the MA.   Oh well...   Maybe the CT guys won't screw up a BOB thing toooooo bad.
lazs

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2002, 08:28:05 AM »
Heh, delete the "Warning.wav file.

Other than that, the flashing bases are kinda Christmasy like, although Im not sure why I want to know if a red base is being attacked.

The 110 that is disabled in the MA has a C-130 gunship load of HO guns, which initially was a hoot.

Don't worry, the CT will always be vacant, a point i wanted to make to the 10 tardrattlers that were in the 400+ player MA when the CT had, um 3?

Voice box is a toss up. it works for squad channel not as good as RW, and a "Zapkin" guy on the common channel had me in tears sounding like "Slingblade" until it got annoying.

I haven't ctd latenight though as much as primetime.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 08:28:58 AM »
The X-mas tree "blinking" I'm assuming was to prevent the late night, low population base snatching.  Now one can be warned, whether thats good or bad is up to ones individual tastes.

Not the best release IMO, but hey, we got some new toys to play with, thats always a good thing.

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2002, 08:31:54 AM »
id still have to say my favourite thing is you laz :D  

in fact man:

sorry man, i couldnt resist ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2002, 08:44:11 AM by loser »

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 08:40:57 AM »
fool

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2002, 08:42:55 AM »
Oh... and what's with the moron that appears in red in the upper right hand corner of my screen?   Is that distracting enough for you guys?  

loser... flush.   it is unhealthy to play in your own (or anyone elses) feces.   Believe me on this.
lazs

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2002, 08:51:31 AM »
AHVox works flawlessy for myself and our squad...just as well as RW and without the crashes.

The film editor is a first and in time will be a potent tool for training and some othe stuff which will make money for you know who.

The addition of rooms with vox capability is great for mission briefs, whether in a squad or as a country effort....also enhances the growth of a strong community as well.

Additional planes only make the sim stronger and will afford the developers options for continued improvement.

Map blinking for myself is a non-issue...it offers good information which I find hard to understand that this is a bad thing.

Additional sounds and warnings only add to immersion.

What we have, is another good effort by developers who understand their customers and have gone beyond cheap talk by delivering on a consistent basis, an ever evolving product which is not only fun, but from a cost benefit standpoint, a great value.

Of course, just as in RL, some folks are unhappy and crap on whatever comes their way. Gotta love em!

:D

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2002, 08:57:06 AM »
[Piss take mode on]

So appart from AH voice (which btw I think is the most well thought out and convenient integrated voice coms system since ever.......so good I think HT should release a standalone version for use with other games) and appart from the air raid system (which loadsa people have replaced the siren and deleted the warning babe and ignore the flashing which appears when the base next to it is under attack and seems to stop when a base is *really* about to be captured) and appart from the new strat system (which doesnt seem to have been implemented on a map yet even though we've suddenly got all these inaccessable VHs popping up all over Mindanao) and appart from the new larger maps (which we also havnt seen yet) and appart from the 5 new planes (which, as Laz points out, are all early war and -  without a limited perking of the late war planes - prolly wont see much use after the novelty wears off) and appart from the numerous bug fixes (of stuff that once was claimed to have been a feature) what else did we get?

And why did it take this long?

(ha!  dont answer that, see above......)

[/Piss take mode off]

I really pleased with Ah voice.  It's just so damn convenient.  Range channel is gonna see a lot of use in scenarios with screams of "HELP!".  :D

Appart from squeaking Betty I really like the immersion of the air raid siren, especially as you fly past the tower :D.  Again, in scenarios it's gonna cause 130 people to press ESC at once to see which base they about to lose.  

Lookin forward to the new maps and strat......soon I hope.

Name one person who *doesnt* like the gun package on the 110G.  4x20mm 2x30mm.......

At last!  A BoB scenario planeset! HE-111 next Pyro?

EDIT:   Oh yeah, forgot about the film editor which I havnt had time to look at yet.   And Laz, I really like the red name of whoever's transmitting in the corner of the screen.....it's the only way we Brits can tell you Yanks appart.  

« Last Edit: March 15, 2002, 08:59:57 AM by Swoop »

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2002, 09:00:17 AM »
So you didn't delete the "Additional sounds and warnings that only add to immersion" aka warning.wav,  like the rest of the MA?

No wonder your sappy!

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2002, 09:05:55 AM »
Dont make me bring up the Dora-at-28k-running-for-ack-from-a-spit-at-15k incident again Creamo.

Oh hang on, you're talkin to Rude.  Nev mind, carry on.  :D

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2002, 09:11:08 AM »
Not a prob Poop,

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2002, 09:12:54 AM »
hello dweebs

lotsa new things....after the how do i do this and how do i set this, everything went back too normal in the MA....Niki's la7's now zero's and many many spits, didn't I just say normal :eek:

AHvoice sounds funny compared to RW...buts its ok....went on a mission drivin buff....lead fighter said(on AHvoice using range key)
clear to buffs signal....excellent i said...no need to go in gunners pos. ...I think it helps relax the nerves:eek: while i'm still talkin to my squaddies on my channel:D

1 new thing i EXP. yesterday......the ack actually didn't shot me thru building's and tree's......now ain't that cool    :p

now to get those damn dweebs who sit in SB for hours shootin GV's(and get resupplied).....its ok to sit there and shot a few GV's,
but hours and get resupplied now that is kinda lame...thats for  rollo dude.

this is after all a FLIGHT sim...

good day gents

SLO:cool:
4 WING=441 Silver Fox=

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2002, 09:14:20 AM »
heh.   Creamer.  

Buyin you a beer some day......

:cool:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2002, 09:21:43 AM »
Originally posted by Swoop
heh.   Creamer.  

Buyin you a beer some day......

:cool:

Good, then my plan will work! Muhahahahahaha! (Swoops our XO :):) )

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2002, 09:37:29 AM »
Hurricane I.  First sortie netted 3 kills and 1 assist with lots of bullets lighting up my targets.  Last kill was achieved in a five minute dogfight against a P51 and a 190 while I was bingo ammo (P51 augered, then I ran out of fuel and augered).

Have you actually flown the Hurri I Lasz?  If not, I suggest you take it into a furball and enjoy.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!