Author Topic: So what do you like about 1.09??  (Read 882 times)

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
So what do you like about 1.09??
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2002, 05:01:55 PM »
Excellent release!  Well,  for what Im looking for, which is just a slight change, plus the early was plane set.  With the excellent CM's and scenario people we have, I feel a great BOB event upcomming!  Hope it dosen't happen when I'm in Austraila!  :(

Dont have to mess with comms anymore, they are already there.  I like to see which squadmember are on the channel, and the red name lets me know who is talking, which is helpful. The film editor is a hoot!!!

One of the best releases yet, IMO!!

WTG HTC!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Soviet

• Nickel Member
      • http://flanker2.8m.net
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2002, 05:41:54 PM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ

WAIT! make that an A-, I still didn't get the Ki-84!

NUTTZ

Dweeb :D

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2002, 09:00:17 PM »
I like everything about 1.09.  I like the new planes, I like the film editor,  I love the voice comms.  AH voice blows away rw.  It has far superior clarity on my computer at least, and I like the range feature.  I dont like the way the server keeps crashing however,  especially during the scenario.  That had to be the most frustrating ever.  I have faith in HTC to fix it though.  They are the best.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2002, 09:14:33 PM »
I like AH voice. Hasn't been "chatty' at all the times I've been on. I'm not overly excited about the new planes. The spit1 and Hurri1 are useless in the MA. Don't fly LW or bombers. I turned off the warning siren but left the "Tokyo Rose" on. Somethin' about that voice.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2002, 09:42:18 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Can I take them next release hype too, or just when the BOB map is outta rotation next week and 1.09 settles in?

Please HB, don't get defensive AND stupid responding to my comments as if obvious numbers with a new release and new aircraft will magically backup your efforts to discount me. I dig them both. Your efforts are noted. Really.

New planes help, wonder if I mentioned that yet?

Actually, I wasn't even referring to any of that. We've new terrains coming, some theaters that you haven't seen in this game yet. You know, something fresh. Dispelling "Don't worry, the CT will always be vacant". Get it?

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2002, 12:23:53 AM »
Don't get all huffy and cancel a event or something.

(Geez, as soon as HTC gives a player a freeby employee role they get all bent out of shape.)

Wondering if I get some super new CT map plan, that will 'wow' us all and increase players there is a waste of your time.

I simply don't care much past noting there is no one there on my way to the MA.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2002, 01:28:11 AM »
You said the CT is always abandoned, It's not. There are times when it still goes empty, yeah, but then there are times when we have a fair sized crowd. You were wrong saying it's always abandoned. Or am I not supposed to call you on that ?

I simply don't care much past noting there is no one there on my way to the MA.

Like when the wife says she doesn't care about something then just can't quit running her pie hole about it?

;)

And all I do is set up the arena, so insinuating that I got the "big head" because of that is a bit of a reach wouldn't you think?

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2002, 08:43:54 AM »
Whooopppps!  Almost forgot to add, the upgrade to the Spit IX is great!!!!!!  6 view is alot better!!

:)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2002, 09:21:09 AM »
Still don't get it... Our squad uses the "old" version of RW and it seems to work just fine.   Most of you guys getting all gushy about AH voice are the guys who would have come unglued if some moron had horned in on your private conversation before but now.... It is perfectly allright to hear some dipshit chatting away on your channel?   What a refreshing change in attitude!

Possibly I am doing it wrong.   I can't seem to select a squad only option.   I certainly don't want anyone else horning in on the conversation.   I certainly don't want a red voice thing in the corner when I am looking for red things to fight.   I don't need a red thing in the corner to tell who I'm talking to...  I recognize their voice.  If I don't recognize their voice I don't need to talk to em.

I certainly don't need Tokyo Rose in my ear all night and I can't imagine how having the bases flash like Xmas tree lights gone berserk is ever going to be something I am grateful for.

Soo.... We have new early war planes.  Great, but premature.  in the MA at least.   Need a place in the MA to fly em.   Don't bother to tell me how well they do cause your full of it.   I am mediocre and if I meet you flyin one you will be dead.   The plane vs plane stats in the next few tours will bear me out.

Film editor might be great... I will probly use it a limited amount over time.

The new strat...  Don't really care.  Hope it doesn't affect me too much.   If it has any affect other than making fights easier to get into then... I hate it.
lazs

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2002, 12:53:19 PM »
Actually laz the yellow name in the corner is not who you are talkin to, you actually talk to everyone on the channel when you transmit.  The yellow name is who is doing the talking at the time on that channel.  I hope that helps ya out. :)

I dont believe HTC intended the base attack voice to be that of Tokyo Rose.  Tokyo Rose, I believe, was an American educated Japanese woman who performed propaganda radio messages to Allied troops in the Pacific during WWII.  Toyko Rose did have a Asian accent also and this voice does not.  I believe it is a voice to warn players that a base in under attack, with no deceptions intended.  Toyko Rose would of tried to conduct confusing tactics to the Allies.  If anyone else can help sheading alittle more light on the origin of, and the purpose of Toyko Rose, please your comments would be welcome.  I hope that helps ya out on the Toyko Rose thing Laz.  

Enjoy!!

:)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2002, 10:09:53 PM by Swager »

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: So what do you like about 1.09??
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2002, 01:07:58 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Geeze... between figuring out how to get rid of tokyo Rose nagging me about the base being under attack and trying to get rid of the voice box...  All I have been doing in 1.09 is figuring out how to get rid of all the new "features"...   And what's with the Xmas tree lighting on the map?  It wasn't bad enough that every rest stop and Denny's resteraunt was named on the map without making em all blink?

Nice new planes tho... To bad there is no way to use em in a late war centric MA.  Was kinda hoping for a way to make em useful in the MA.   Oh well...   Maybe the CT guys won't screw up a BOB thing toooooo bad.
lazs

I like the new planes and the warning sirens. The rest... is mostly annoying... except for the strat which I haven't seen work yet because I've been too busy trying to figure out why AHVoice is farging up my sound.

I was less frustrated with 1.08.
sand

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2002, 01:34:24 AM »
Gotta admit, the CT has like 30+ players in it all a sudden. That's cool. And the MA is just as outragous, 400+! Goodness!

However, explaining my posts of trends pre 1.09 and refering to wives "running pie holes" is WAAAYYY outta reality.

My wife would ask about something ONCE, but after that, it's a mute point. Like as in forever, and that's a fact. They don't train them Bama girl's like in the P.I. do they? Nope, so don't group me in on the bad domestic's Americans endure. I was smarter than that for sure.

Still, whether 1.09 wears off, good to see numbers everywhere. Although that reset asswhipping we BiShits just took was a mess! I was vulched so much, and ran outta fuel more than in 2 years.

Fun though.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2002, 04:28:25 AM by Creamo »

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2002, 04:34:22 AM »
Oh, and I like the new planes too Sandman, to ventalate with me Dora.

The blinking stuff, it's ok, I don't get it. And voice, dunno. Seems OK?

1.09 is like 1.08 with a few 110's to ravage, blinking map stuff, and that's it. Worth the wait? Of course. To differ is to be a outcast. And Im bucking for the free employee gig, so shhhhh.

Map still just blows away the competition.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2002, 04:40:37 AM by Creamo »

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2002, 04:56:05 AM »
I'm really surprised for the contents of this so long awaited update. What I like of it? 110G2 and blinking bases.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2002, 06:22:27 AM »
Poor HB, still arugin with Momma, poor fool. Yeeehaaa!

Gunna tell you 'bout that CT Cremo, koo, koo!

Rosco "P "Coletrain! koo koo! Daisy Duke, Come back, we gat Crazzzzy Kooter  here....

lol, man Im in a heap....
« Last Edit: March 18, 2002, 06:27:03 AM by Creamo »