Author Topic: WTFG Blues.......  (Read 361 times)

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
WTFG Blues.......
« on: May 12, 2002, 04:47:33 PM »
Don't expect any Euro's, Americans etc to care but.........

My local football team Birmingham City finally (After 4 years of reaching the playoffs and losing on Penalties) finally reached the English premiership after a tense final play off against Norwich City at the Millenium Stadium. Norwich scored 1st but Geoff "Donkey" Horsefield Scored a great late equaliser in Extra time. A Tense Penalty shoot out Saw the Blues through after Norwich missed 2 (One save, One wide of the post). Finally there is a team worse than Blues at Penalties. :D

WTFG Lads, I'm of now for a celebratory Bonk. ;)

TTFN
snafu

ps, Whats the difference between Wolverhampton Wanderers and an Arsonist???

An Arsonist wouldn't lose their last 8 matches..... hehe

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2002, 04:58:47 PM »
Blues?!?!  They aint in the playoffs anymore.... the Red Wings beat them last night.  :D

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2002, 05:30:35 PM »
Don't get too excited snafu - you'll back in division one faster than Barnsley. ;)

Congrats anyway. You poncey brummie types. :D
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2002, 05:37:32 PM »
And how many died in the (to be expected) ensuing riot?  ;)

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2002, 06:00:49 PM »
I can understand why you are happy snafu, but i'm not so sure those sheep will.:D ;) :p
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2002, 08:52:51 PM »
Originally posted by sling322
Blues?!?!  They aint in the playoffs anymore.... the Red Wings beat them last night.  :D

Heheh, that's what I was thinking...Blues??  Radek Bonk??

:D

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2002, 10:53:25 AM »
I would have paid to see Jasper Carrotts face on Brum winning promotion!  :)
NEXX

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2002, 12:15:48 PM »
Pah!

My local team used to be Cheltenham Town, I even used to go drinking with the goal keeper.  All I can say is, with the speed of our advance up the leagues it wont be long before the lads are up there in the premiership with ya.  ;)

We're gonna need a bigger ground though......

Swoop

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2002, 12:22:54 PM »
Yup, Birmingham City goes up to the big league...along with my "other" team...Manchester City.

(Arsenal is my Premiership "first" team)

Sean Goater, the striker who now holds Man City's scoring records, comes from a great little island situated in the Mid-Atlantic...the name escapes me though...;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2002, 12:47:58 PM »
Trinidad?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2002, 12:51:49 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Trinidad?

Easy now....

That is almost as bad as confusing a Brit for a Dutchman:p
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2002, 12:56:04 PM »
Didn't Stern John have an assist in that victory for Birmingham City?  He used to play for my local team, Columbus.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2002, 01:04:31 PM »
hehe, swoop, you might be thinking of Birmingham's Stern John?  He's from T&T.  As well as Dwight Yorke.

anyways, Stern John got the winner in the last leg of the semi's to get to the final against Norwich.  However, he missed a pretty good chance from reading the post match commentary.   I didn't get a chance to catch the replay of the game.  Was busy watching our sorry domestic matches (my fantasy team sucked this weekend) and our friendly against Uruguay.  :)

Sheesh, I think I'm the only American on this board that admits to watching football.  err, soccer.  ;)

You Euro guys are lucky.  World Cup matches will actually take place during the day for you.  I think the US has some group play at 3am my time for the WC!
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2002, 01:06:23 PM »
Mickey, you go to any Crew games?   I'm in a Crew Fan division in the fantasy league.  Even got up there for the qualifier against Costa Rica back in 2000.  Love the stadium!  :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
WTFG Blues.......
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2002, 03:12:19 PM »
Nifty - I don't think you are an American at all. You're an Englishman in disguise.

You do probably come from Pensacola. But it's a small village north of London. :D
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.