Author Topic: Im a bigot, racist and anti-liberal  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Im a bigot, racist and anti-liberal
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2002, 07:46:08 PM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf
Thrawn may be a racist but at least he doesn't kill fish, Udie.

well I was only able to kill 1 last weekend!  But you should have seen the one my roommate killed.  A nice 4 lb large mouth bass.  This weekend though there should be a genocide :D

Thrawn,

now be nice and turn that frown upside down! Ya salamander :D

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2002, 08:28:48 PM »
OK, I'm confused... who am I supposed to hate again?
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2002, 08:32:33 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
OK, I'm confused... who am I supposed to hate again?

why be prejudice? hate everybody it's much easier that way :)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2002, 09:32:30 PM »
heheh :D

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2002, 10:35:55 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

why be prejudice? hate everybody it's much easier that way :)

Udie is obviously a "Human Racist"!!!:eek:

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2002, 11:00:14 AM »
Some comedian once said
Originally Yukked up by some 80's comic
I don't understand racism. Why hate an entire group of people based on the color of their skin when there are so many reasons to hate people on an individual level

That's my favorite approach.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2002, 09:13:09 PM »
What if someone bombed a mall? What if we have a general description of him? Of course, we get that description out there, so people can pay attention and investigate someone that seems to fit the description. This is a good thing, and completely appropriate in that situation. It's completely different from profiling an ethnic group as being possible terrorists. In this example, if it was merely suspected that the person was, say, purple with yellow spots, that would not be enough to justify detaining and/or investigating anyone who happened to be purple with yellow spots.

With the above example, a crime has been committed, and there is a verified description of the suspect. When profiling potential terrorists, no crime has been committed yet, or there is no verified description. Assuming that it is more likely to have been an Arab and subjecting them to greater scrutiny and suspicion makes that person (and anyone who might look Arab to Joe Security Guard) effectively a suspect of a crime that has not been committed and will likely never be committed by them. As I recall, in this country, you are not a suspect unless there is reasonable cause to suspect you, and you are innocent until proven guilty.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2002, 09:30:03 AM »
"As I recall, in this country, you are not a suspect unless there is reasonable cause to suspect you"

I think 9/11 gave us "reasonable cause"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2002, 11:34:50 AM »
Reasonable cause to be a bigot... :rolleyes:
sand

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2002, 11:42:43 AM »
Funny, really funny.

Cops have been racially profiling for years, especially young african american males in the ghetto.

Or if you are white and go into certain areas of Wash, DC after dark you WILL get pulled over...

But no, just because this has been going on forever we must stop profiling the arabs because they might get offended.

Open up your eyes people, the only reason it's come to your attention now is because the WTC attacks effected everyone.

But the ghetto... sheeit, ya'll don't even care.
-SW

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2002, 11:53:31 AM »
I've rode with my brother in his police cruiser a few times. He profiles. No doubt about it, but it's not racial. It's economic.

You drive by him in a bright shiny (stock) Honda and he won't even notice. Drive by in a piece of toejame Datsun B-210 and you are going to be scrutinized. Bet on it.
sand

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2002, 12:08:30 PM »
Yeah, 'cuz everyone knows them poors peoples be breakin da law all da time!!!

It's just as much BS as racial profiling- but I guess it's ok since it's not the motive of the day.

Just goes to prove my point, profiling of all sorts goes on all the time. But unless it's the popular topic no one gives a flying dookie.

You might feel good about yourself denouncing racial profiling against arabs, but when the next meat bomb gets through security doors because they couldn't do a more thorough search because it would be singling them out... well, will you still be proud of yourself?

We know what the enemy looks like, but we don't know who they are or what they look like as individuals.
-SW

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2002, 12:18:40 PM »
I guess it depends on the officer, SW. From what I've witnessed, the profiling leads to scrutiny.

Then, the officer still needs probable cause to stop the car.

Some officers go a bit thin on the PC. Others make certain that it's solid.

Depends on the level of integrity of the officer. YMMV.
sand

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2002, 12:30:07 PM »
We all profile every day! So what?

The danger is in making laws that allow profiling by race. A simple distinction, but very important.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2002, 01:37:17 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
I guess it depends on the officer, SW. From what I've witnessed, the profiling leads to scrutiny.

Then, the officer still needs probable cause to stop the car.

Some officers go a bit thin on the PC. Others make certain that it's solid.

Depends on the level of integrity of the officer. YMMV.

cc on that. It's the police officer's personal decision to profile. Although, they do teach it in police training (did a while back anyway when I visited FLETC)...

I'm just saying, it's nothing new and no matter how opposed some people are to it... it happens... but I find it amusing that it's suddenly the topic of discussion. People choosing their sides and some are trying to take the holier than thou road by proclaiming they detest racial profiling all the while they have supported it by paying taxes which fund programs in police (and other security) training to specifically teach people how to profile.

It's been happening for years, you all have been paying for it... but with the "new" attacks on America by those of middle east descent it's suddenly the topic of the day for the PC crusade.

Save me the BS that we shouldn't pay closer attention to those of Arab descent.

Like I said, we know what the enemy looks like- we just can't identify them as individuals... and when we do, chances are it's already too late. (example: September 11th)
-SW