Author Topic: Ok, fighter jocks, why is it "pig pile" on the BUFFs?  (Read 2447 times)

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
Ok, fighter jocks, why is it "pig pile" on the BUFFs?
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2001, 08:30:00 AM »
Ok buffers, You are easy to shoot down but hard to shoot down in time for it to matter unless a fighter is a dedicated buff killer... hanging out at alt far forward waiting for a suicide buff to show...something that someone else earlier described as a waste of time and boring in the extreme and... useless in any case.  

naudet.. read my posts again.  I understand there is a language problem but I never said the point of the MA was one big furball...  I said that the furball was by far the most realistic combat we have in AH but certainly... the most fun (if you fly anything except LW planes).

texace... yes, I'm afraid that you are indeed dumb.  A good honest dumb tho, instead of a sneaky, weasley dumb like lecar.  I didn't say you were gay.. Only that I had hoped that you were in order to prevent thinning the gene pool.   Your telling me to "kiss my ass" was a glimmer of hope for me that you may indeed be.

The bombers have tto much affect on the game for the amount of people who fly em, the skill required to fly em and the ability to abuse and "ruin" gameplay.

Bet they get changed soon.
lazs

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
And there you have it, folks.

Lazs can't argue or have an open discussion without calling others names.  He's openly maknig fun of my nick, saying we are stupid, and going one further saying we are gay, etc etc.

That's fine, I've had some fun pointing out "RainMan" 's inconsistencies and they bounce off that remarkably thick skull of his and tried to keep the smug remarks above par.  But Lazs can't apparently do that, and if he can't argue or have a discussion like an adult, I can see why his fragile little feelings are hurt when he can't magically roll from his favorite field.

He wants realism, but can't accept the realism that bombers bomb fighter hangars, and that is part of the game.

I had a good time buffing last night and every con I shot down, I asked "Did I ruin your fun?"  No one said Yes, Lazs.  If anything I got (Salutes) and other positive responses.

So you and your imaginery legions of supporters can go screw

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2001, 10:04:00 AM »
Lepaul:

Real buffs had a very hard time hitting anything as small as an airfield much less a specific building, and they were uniformly hopeless for attacking moving ships.  However in AH they perform these tasks quite well.  Buffs are by far the least realistic feature in AH.

Hooligan

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
LePaul:
------------------------------------------
I had a good time buffing last night and every con I shot down, I asked "Did I ruin your fun?"  No one said Yes, Lazs.  If anything I got (Salutes) and other positive responses.

Ummm, LePaul, the argument is that the buffs effect on gameplay, ie. ruining furballs by taking down fighter hangers, etc. is what is ruining the fun in the MA.

Their ability to sometimes shoot down a fighter does NOT ruin the fun.  The fact that they fly so far over a good fight that they aren't even participants in the fight, but have the power to bring the fight (that they're not even in) to an end for 10 or more people, DOES.

All this, and add on top of it that it takes absolutely no skill for a bomber to hit the target.

anRk
y

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
Well, I said I wasn't going to post again, but I am bored. I know a friend like lazs at school. Whenever he finds something he believes in, he sticks to it, no matter what. I once punched his aregument (I don't remember what about, although I had like 5 guys backing me up) and he just kept with it.

It seems here that we now have a good defined split in the AH community. We have on one hand, the guys who just want this to be Quake in Planes, an eternal deathmatch, like lazs and Wontan; and we have the strat and realism guys, like myself and LePaul. One says the other is wrong, and the other says the same thing. It is an endless cycle that will never be stopped because everyone has their own opinion.

I think the time has come to face the facts. Bombers in the MA are here to stay, and more will be on the way. I'm sure that we'll get all the things we want, like depresion and wind and not-so-accurate bombsites (WB is a good example) and then we will all be happy. The only thing I can suggest for the Quake-High players is that the must accept the fact that from time to time a bomber will shut a field down and stop a furball. I do this all the time. Like I said before, fly to another field and start again. I noticed a contradicting statement in one of lazs' previous posts, saying something about starting another fight and hoping another buff won't stop it. Well, what's to stop the QH players from moving yet again?

Bombers are not ruining anyone's fun, they are simply moving the QH players elsewhere. Now if you consider flying to a fight not fun, well then I hope you aren't in the Air Force.....

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
Ahhh... so lecar... when you make fun of someone and call them names it is in the spirit of fun but when you are made fun of it is a crime against humanity?   that's all fine tho, ur persecution complex is pretty well known by now.   the real issue is your inability to grasp what is being said.  Anarky's last post is worth adding to the list of posts u should have not skipped over by the way.   Hooli has pointed out how you ruin the "imersion" too.

texace.... u said you weren't going to post again.... i would hate to have to believe that gay people were untruthful.   remember... you are not just representing yourself.
lazs

Offline texace

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2001, 04:56:00 PM »
<places head in hands and shakes it> Damn....this...to...hell....

Hell..I even posted a civlilized observant message and all lazs can do is insult me. Oh well...perhaps I'll go play and relieve tension.

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: texace ]

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by AN:
LePaul:

Ummm, LePaul, the argument is that the buffs effect on gameplay, ie. ruining furballs by taking down fighter hangers, etc. is what is ruining the fun in the MA.

Guess I'm dumb but isn't it why bombers are here ?
I meant taking down fighter hangars etc...

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2001, 06:44:00 PM »
Staga:
----------------------------------------
Guess I'm dumb but isn't it why bombers are here ?
I meant taking down fighter hangars etc...
----------------------------------------

I figure there are bombers in the MA because there were bombers in WWII.  

I don't think HTC put bombers in the MA just so that there would be something to kill the fighter hangers with.

anRky

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2001, 08:22:00 PM »
Starting to sound like one of your MA rants Lepaul...you know, when nobody plays the way you want them to.  

Breathe deeply, relax.  :)

bowser

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2001, 09:19:00 AM »
texace i'm not making fun of you.   your sexual preferance is really none of my business.  And ...
speaking of your "civilized" thread....  that "friend" you have that continues to argue even tho you and 5 others told him he was wrong....  did he perhaps have a good argument and you and the villagers (no, i didn't say "village people")not?
lazs

Offline texace

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
No lazs, his arguement was completely and totally biased. He decided that he was right and that anyone else who challenged him was wrong. When me and the "other villagers" proved once and for all that he was wrong and his argument no longer had any meat to it, he got huffy and stated in a whining voice: "Well, that doesn't matter, 'cause I am right and your not!" He hated anyone ever contradicting him. He even got thrown out of our debate class because he couldn't stand the fact his argument was wrong. That's the way it seems here. Me and others can punch your argument full of holes, with proof that it is extreamly biased, and you still go on about how we are wrong.

texace... yes, I'm afraid that you are indeed dumb.
Only that I had hoped that you were in order to prevent thinning the gene pool. Your telling me to "kiss my ass" was a glimmer of hope for me that you may indeed be.

i would hate to have to believe that gay people were untruthful.

Yes lazs, you really didn't insult me.  :rolleyes: You need to re-read your posts before flat out lying again.   :p

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2001, 09:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by texace:
It seems here that we now have a good defined split in the AH community. We have on one hand, the guys who just want this to be Quake in Planes, an eternal deathmatch, like lazs and Wontan; and we have the strat and realism guys, like myself and LePaul.

Then I guess you would have no problem with the ability to man only one position and lose the ability to steer your bomber with your rudder pedals while you are gunning?

You wouldn't mind having bombs effected by the wind then? You wouldn't mind having to spend 10 minutes in the Norden locking your target in the crosshairs? You wouldn't mind more accurate bomb dispersion then?

To say that you are in pursuit of realism moreso than Lazs is... well that's simply laughable because bombers and vehicles are the least realistic and most gamey element in this game.
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2001, 10:01:00 AM »
WTG SWulfe!!!!

Very nicely said!!!

:)

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2001, 10:03:00 AM »
This needs to be repeated because I don't think they'll see this it the first time around and it's harder to ignore when it's repeated.

"To say that you are in pursuit of realism more so than Lazs is... well that's simply laughable because bombers and vehicles are the least realistic and most gamey element in this game."

Westy