Author Topic: sort it out  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
sort it out
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2002, 04:15:03 PM »
RAM,

Answer me this.  What's wrong with the system that's in place now?  We tried the nazi's,  Sloberdan Melochovich (misspelled on purpose) is on trial.  You want to unite the left and the right in America?  This is a quick way to do it :)

Read Tahgut's last post.  It's to the point and says it all in a couple of sentences.  Much better than I can in my irrational/irate state that Im in today.  (don't ya just love bad days at work :D)

Offline RRAM

• Nickel Member
sort it out
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2002, 04:15:44 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
Hmmm, was that Americans that killed of the Native Americans? ... or was it English, French, Spanish etc?

Be careful about what you through around glasses ;)

Just an off-topic here...

Vulcan, the french were renowned for their good relations with the natives in america :)

Not like the spanish, tho... :(

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
sort it out
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2002, 04:17:13 PM »
Originally posted by Udie

and who bought gold fillings that the Nazi's pulled from the mouths of dead Jews?  Same Sweden right?

that's what I though......[edit] er... well RAM just corrected me :o Switzerland.....  Sweden..... they're all the same ;)

yeah America is bad.... :rolleyes:

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
sort it out
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2002, 04:18:11 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup
We'll keep Mexico and Canada in line, and the rest of yall can take care of your neighbors.

Now, what the fuk is that supposed to mean.

Don't see any nations cursing my country.  Canada is working with the other nations of the international community to make the world a better place. The US is being completely unilateral in doing the opposite.

We play well with others, the US is the country that needs to get in line.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2002, 04:31:48 PM by Thrawn »

Offline RRAM

• Nickel Member
sort it out
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2002, 04:22:32 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
RAM,

Answer me this.  What's wrong with the system that's in place now?  We tried the nazi's,  Sloberdan Melochovich (misspelled on purpose) is on trial.  You want to unite the left and the right in America?  This is a quick way to do it :)

What's wrong with it?. Nothing, I guess...

But what I sai, is that to trial an international criminal in an international jury is better. By many reasons, but the most evindent one is because is a way to say that the criminal is not only trialled by those who captured him, but by EVERYONE in the world who takes part in that trial.

Is to present an UNITED front against international criminals ,terrorists, genocides, etc. There's nothing wrong in each nation to trial the criminals they capture on their own...

it is just...that this is better. At least I think is better.

Read Tahgut's last post.  It's to the point and says it all in a couple of sentences.  Much better than I can in my irrational/irate state that Im in today.  (don't ya just love bad days at work :D)

Tahgut's point is that you don't want to surrender your sovereignty...and with this court, you won't. At least up to where my understanding of what it is, you won't.

So, where's the problem?...I honestly can't see it. :).

(About your irate state...LOL tell me...remember I'm a hot blooded spaniard, so I understand your anger perfectly...been there lots of times, done that lots of times too  :D)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
sort it out
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2002, 04:27:13 PM »
Thrawn,
What I mean is that UN and NATO always want the USA to come and babysit their unstable neighbors and protect them from boogeymen.  But then out of their other mouth the cry that we are interfering around the world blaah blaaah blaaaaaaaaah.  And now they want a court so they can judge us if we screw up when they cry for help.

Instead of this, I propose that USA take responsibility for our neighbors, and UN/NATO/EU take care of their own neighbors.
USA's region of responsibility would therefore shrink to Mexico, Canada, and various islands.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2002, 04:34:06 PM by funkedup »

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
sort it out
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2002, 04:35:13 PM »
Passing strange that most of the US's allies don't have problem with the world court.

I think that secretly you guys are worried that they'll did up Kissenger and put him before this court.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
sort it out
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2002, 04:35:46 PM »
Canada is working with the other nations of the international community to make the world a better place. The US is being completely unilateral in doing the opposite.

NM my previous post, yer fuggin clueless.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
sort it out
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2002, 09:12:57 AM »
// french US bashin mode on ...

When I think of USA I wonder why we didn't help the Brit in 1776 ...

Don't shot it's a troll !!! ;)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
sort it out
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2002, 09:26:24 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
// french US bashin mode on ...

When I think of USA I wonder why we didn't help the Brit in 1776 ...

Don't shot it's a troll !!! ;)

Oh yeah?!  Well,  I saw the movie Patriot and you guys only sent one fat dude!  He kept saying "vait unteel my countrymen arive!" But they never did!  What the hell kind of help is that?!  :D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
sort it out
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2002, 09:31:34 AM »
don't have seen the patriot  ... it's a comedie ? ;)

btw the best french help was Jean Reno in Godzilla :D

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
sort it out
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2002, 09:39:38 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
don't have seen the patriot  ... it's a comedie ? ;)

btw the best french help was Jean Reno in Godzilla :D

Oh jeez so now Godzilla is America's fault too!  We can't do anything right!    :D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
sort it out
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2002, 09:44:04 AM »
rotflmoa :)

It's because we explained the "how to diddly thing fast" first  :p

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
sort it out
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2002, 09:58:52 AM »
The EU may not have wanted to get involved in Bosnia, but last I heard France and England did (not to mention quite a few non-european countries). Quite frankly the US was essential because they have most of all the guns.

Although a 'world court' would appear to be a good idea, there is a good argument to be had over sovereignty and the courts ability to be independant of that sovereignty. The willingness of certain countries to abide by the courts ruling and the ability to enforce their rulings ESPECIALLY over the more truculent signees, this does include the western powers.

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
sort it out
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2002, 11:28:12 AM »
udie, when was the last time you was on a reservation? maybe you should visit one. they aint all that pleasant.