Author Topic: sort it out  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
sort it out
« on: July 02, 2002, 07:54:50 AM »
just few ideas

http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/06.03D.bw.911.dum.htm

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020702/ts_nm/afghan_usa_bombing_dc_21&e=3&ncid=578

pitty.. i cant find any news about International law and US citizen outside US ....

Why should not be people of USA responsibile per their actions outside USA, when anyone other is ? Why are they scared by internation law ? its seems like legalization of killing as they need or what

Who are those US`s candidates to the jail per genocide ? (only  read this but there were no names)

if you saw any other news related to that topic, i will be glad to see them here with your oponions

just few ideas passing my head

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
sort it out
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 08:31:39 AM »
stupid Euro vs. USA thread I said I wouldn't get envolved with these..... by bad.......

« Last Edit: July 02, 2002, 03:48:24 PM by Udie »

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
sort it out
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 08:35:51 AM »
That whole "someone might take it out on us" is such a pitiful excuse.

If an International court has no right to prosecute "Crimes against Humanity" against any US personnel that may commit such acts in the future, the US has NO fediddlein right to go into another country and try to prosecute it's citizens for anything.

The US sure seems to be on a roll lately for grabbing other countries citizens and hauling them off to jail  :D

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
sort it out
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 08:37:28 AM »
So, Udie, can you explain to me why some German citizens were tried and convicted at Nuremburg?

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
sort it out
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2002, 08:39:54 AM »
Now don't start agreeing with me Hortlund if your headed that way, it'd break our track record :D

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
sort it out
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2002, 08:43:14 AM »
hehe, yeah, Im starting to panic over here.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
sort it out
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2002, 08:53:26 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
So, Udie, can you explain to me why some German citizens were tried and convicted at Nuremburg?

Oh ummm something about 6 million dead jews?  I don't think America has ever done that or anything even close to that.....

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
sort it out
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2002, 08:58:34 AM »
Well, Udie, what do you call that type of crime?

Crime against humanity perhaps?

And what kind of crimes did the International court of justice want to be able to prosecute US personnel for?

Explain the logic please?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
sort it out
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2002, 09:06:43 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Explain the logic please?

We don't do that.  We help.....  Care to prove otherwise?  How does your country help the world?  How many starving babies in Africa has your country saved?  How many countries have your people liberated and set up democracy in?  How many economies has your country saved? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2002, 09:09:28 AM by Udie »

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
sort it out
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2002, 09:12:31 AM »
That whole "someone might take it out on us" is such a pitiful excuse.

Have to agree with Udie. Point 2 speaks for itself, and point 1 is not an excuse -- it's a reality. Look at the cable-car incident in Italy a few years back. Was the A-6 pilot guilty of negliance in the deaths of those people? Sure, but there were certainly local politicians who had issues with NATO and the US who were working to create a show trial instead of trying to find justice. Did the pilot get off lightly? Perhaps, but we give the people risking their lives in such a dangerous but absolutely necessiary profession some leeway (you can debate if its too much or too little) to make mistakes, even if they end up killing people. An alternative for Europeans who don't like an american military presence is to massively increase your domestic spending on the military and take self-defense fully into your own hands. Then you can do with your military pilots as you wish.

Look a Europe today. Want to win votes in France and other parts of Europe? Bash America (at least that's what the British papers and BBC say). Obviously, you Europeans know your local politics better than I do, so tell me, is it unreasonable for an American to expect a politics-free trial in this European court?

Come on, Hortlund. When the US invades most of Europe, and starts gassing northern european Aryans, and the rest of the World has to unite to drive them out, then try who you like and do with them as you wish. Hell, I certainly won't feel bad about it. In fact, please free me from whatever camp I was put in after I burned an American flag in protest of such naked, nationalist agression (wow, got an extra one in there :)).

Charon

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
sort it out
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2002, 09:13:21 AM »
Hey Udie read your history books. Whatever happened to the Native Americans. The whole history of the Western US was formed on Genocide.

Also, 11 Million German civilians died thanks to the bombing raids of the Allies  during WW2. Though it is understandable,not excusable, mind you, why it happened of course there were no PGMs back then like we have now so they had to resort to area bombing to reduce the war making potential of the nation.

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
sort it out
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2002, 09:21:47 AM »
Also, 11 Million German civilians died thanks to the bombing raids of the Allies during WW2.

The USSBS puts the figure at around 350,000. The German government says about 550,000. I have never seen an estimate much above that, let alone approaching a million.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
sort it out
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2002, 09:22:01 AM »
Originally posted by Charon

Come on, Hortlund. When the US invades most of Europe, and starts gassing northern european Aryans, and the rest of the World has to unite to drive them out, then try who you like and do with them as you wish. Hell, I certainly won't feel bad about it. In fact, please free me from whatever camp I was put in after I burned an American flag in protest of such naked, nationalist agression (wow, got an extra one in there :)).

Charon

No Charon they just dropped incendiary and high explosive bombs over their heads killing thousands and wiping off entire  towns in one night.   :rolleyes:

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
sort it out
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2002, 09:25:55 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

We don't do that.  We help.....  Care to prove otherwise?  How does your country help the world?  How many starving babies in Africa has your country saved?  How many countries have your people liberated and set up democracy in?  How many economies has your country saved? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

uh...15

(at least try to answer the question instead)

So what if you have saved starving babies in Africa, you have killed babies in Africa and in other countries too.

So what if you have liberated contries and set up democracies in them, you have toppled democracies and backed military dictators too.

So what if you have saved many economies, you have ruined economies and driven nations to bankruptcy too.

Get it in your head that what you have listed doesnt give you any right whatsoever to act as if you were above the law all the rest of us has to follow.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
sort it out
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2002, 09:26:29 AM »
Nashwan that's including  directly and inderictly of starvation , disease, etc. that were  mainly caused  by the bombing raids is what I meant.