Author Topic: Confessed cheaters in Aces High  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Confessed cheaters in Aces High
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Fidd:

In my view, a port capture, and successful "extraction" of a CV to safer waters is one of the most satisfying strategic elements of the game, possibly only topped by a deep raid to get it back! I've done both.

Fidd

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Fidd ]

And revealing were dweebs have hidden a cv is one of the most profoundly satisfying things that I can do.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Pongo ]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
Someone sank a CV.  The CV was undefended.  The port that was re-captured was undefended.  Yet the dweeby part is how the location of the CV was learned.  :rolleyes:

You want to hold a CV?  Defend it.  Defend the port it came from.  If you weren't actively doing either...  then shut the diddly up.

AKDejaVu

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
Preon makes a decent argument but he forgets one thing:  In real life if you get caught spying, you die.  I propose the same for AH.  You get caught, you lose your account, permanently.  Then you can tell me about how it's all part of warfare blah blah blah...
 :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan:
Ripsnort you pulled the same crap but had the fortitude to concede that it unbalances the main and on your own stated you wouldn't do it. I can search and dig up the threads.

Yep, when my son said "Daddy, whats the CV doing up here?"...I turned around, saw this pic below on his FE, and took action.  Glad they fixed it so you can't take CV offmap. :)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
sorry rip I only remeber the thread not circumstances.

I apologize if I implied it was anything more then what you described.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
Blah Blah get back on the Gangbangbandwagon Bishrooks   :p

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2001, 03:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Someone sank a CV.  The CV was undefended.  The port that was re-captured was undefended.  Yet the dweeby part is how the location of the CV was learned.   :rolleyes:

You want to hold a CV?  Defend it.  Defend the port it came from.  If you weren't actively doing either...  then shut the diddly up.

AKDejaVu

Take your own advice, AK.

The enemy (that would be you, since you are having trouble making the connection, AK's) should never dictate the actions of a country at war. If, a country allows that, then they will fall prey to their attackers. So, where do you get off thinking you can dictate what we (Bishops) do with any damn thing?

Go into that 'other' thread where you jump in and attack Am0n, AK. There you stated some slightly insightful comments about undefended/empty fields. Suddenly, it doesn't apply here, because your 'current' country was victim to a tactic you disagree with.

Take your own advice.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2001, 03:25:00 PM »
Voss, I know what I said.

You don't seem to understand a bit of it.

This thread is based on the fact that a base was lost (poorly defended) and a cv was lost (poorly defended again).

End of story.

Now, you can assert that the CV capture was bogus all you want... the truth is it doesn't really matter.  The truth is that you should not expect the game to protect a CV once you lose the port.  Its only a matter of time so get over it.

The real fault comes from failing to hold the port, or failing to recapture it.  Without the port... the rest of it becomes moot.

Of course, this doesn't fit in with your "lets just diddlying whine about everything" theme here... but it should help you to understand why you're not getting alot of support.

You lost a cv.. wa.

You came here and pitched a squeak like a 3rd grade girl.  So be it.

AKDejaVu

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2001, 03:43:00 PM »
More cheating today with cv.  Some bleeding heart traitor redirects cv, tells rooks where it is, they come sink it.  

How about you rooks get off your arses and go looking for the cv instead of being big cry-baby girls.  

When I want to find a missing cv, I get an arado and go looking for it.  I don't secret message some cheater on the other side and ask for its location.  Its a game, how about playing it like one you WHINERS!!!!

Sheesh

HT if you support this type of cheating, which i gather you do from your previous post, why not auto-spawn the cv when port is captured.  Otherwise this cheating is just going to cause discontent among opposing sides ie players vs cheaters.

Some alternatives to consider:

A) when port is captured, cv becomes visible to country which owns port.
B) when a player redirects a cv, it becomes visible while under command.  Simulates radio transmissions for new orders
C) Have a spy option, activated with perk points which will show location of all enemy cv's.  Perhaps with a random chance of success.
D) or simply discourage cheating

:(

Offline JG_Sunbird

• Zinc Member
      • http://localeyes.dk
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
Zygote! Last night i spent 3 hours to look for this gowddam CV. I was the first to find it but died while attacking it. I gave the co-ordinations, tried to sink it 2 more times , and finaly meet you in a Golly-gee warping Mossi, witch, i do not know how, shot me down. So don't come with this crap, nobody knew where this CV was, first after I spottet it, everybody was informt, the rest i don't know because i logged..

Siggi

Anyway  :eek:   :eek:   :eek: [/LIST]  :eek:

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2001, 04:04:00 PM »
Easy solution to all this hand wringing. Five minutes after port is taken the enemy fleet blows up. It respawns in custody of new owners. No hiding and now there is a REAL interest in defending the ports.

There is precedent, after all when you take a field the ack spawns instantly to defend it.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline texter

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2001, 04:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Voss:
In a word you are full of guile. I don't admire guile.

Irony. You guys do that over here do ya? Wow.

Tex

:cool:

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2001, 04:23:00 PM »
The people playing the game hiding the cv are too concerned about how other people are playing the game.  That is because they are relying solely on the game to defend the CV... by hiding it... so they don't have to do anything.  Its ok to game the game.. as long as you follow the gaming the game guidelines.

I've spent hours with Nimitz hunting down a CV from a port we've recaptured before.  Of course, you still get the same complaint when its sunk... or you get the "FLEETS ARE TOO DAMN EASY TO SINK" whiners.

Basically, its all just whining about the way people are playing a game.  Pure whining.  Pretend its anything else and you are forgetting its just a game.

AKDejaVu

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »
Finally some good material!

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2001, 06:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Voss, I know what I said.

You don't seem to understand a bit of it.

This thread is based on the fact that a base was lost (poorly defended) and a cv was lost (poorly defended again).

End of story.

Now, you can assert that the CV capture was bogus all you want... the truth is it doesn't really matter.  The truth is that you should not expect the game to protect a CV once you lose the port.  Its only a matter of time so get over it.

The real fault comes from failing to hold the port, or failing to recapture it.  Without the port... the rest of it becomes moot.

Of course, this doesn't fit in with your "lets just diddlying whine about everything" theme here... but it should help you to understand why you're not getting alot of support.

You lost a cv.. wa.

You came here and pitched a squeak like a 3rd grade girl.  So be it.

AKDejaVu

YOU don't understand the story as it happened. You got it all wrong.
No one is whining, except your love muffin squad. YOU are too stupid to get a clue.

Everyone knows DejaVu screams and kicks every time someone disagrees with him. Boo hoo! Degrade yourself some more and spread your 'small minded' four letter words.

Bishops DID NOT lose a CV, Deja. Rooks did lose a CV. It took them nearly 24hrs. to get it back, and they cheated a second time to do it.

I am sick and tired of YOU deciding to bite a chunk out of someone, ANYONE, that disagrees with you. I am not alone on this, either. You are being an bellybutton to everyone you respond to. Take your own advice. Four words, not four letters. Take your own advice. Shutup.

We all know who the little girl is, and it is YOU that is not getting the support you CRAVE so badly. But, then again, reading for comprehension has never been your strongest talent. Running off at the keyboard is.

Your BBS tactics don't work, Deja. No one is afraid of you. No one fears the AK spin. AH has a new spirit online, and we don't want your lousy hate-and-discontent on every topic. Find another home.

All of the AK's need to adjust the way they respond to BBS posts. Stop making tulips out of yourselves and start trying to make helpful suggestions. Stop being love muffines and bringing up the distant past. Help just once in your lives. If, you can't say anything helpful, just shutup.

We're all tired of hearing it.