Author Topic: Charlton Heston's speech  (Read 4498 times)

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #225 on: August 16, 2002, 10:28:47 AM »
What's AGW MT? Ya got a link by chance?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #226 on: August 16, 2002, 10:50:23 AM »
alt.games.warbirds

here - http://agw.warbirdsiii.com/bbs/index.php?s=

Enjoy

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #227 on: August 16, 2002, 01:36:53 PM »
Sheeesh, it's the same group of morons who post here! I'll use an alias...

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #228 on: August 16, 2002, 02:05:45 PM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf
LOL Yeah, these waters are getting fished out. Anyone have a link to Bigweek? I've never been there.

Point your newsreader to:

news.bigweek.org

This should be fun...

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #229 on: August 16, 2002, 02:23:23 PM »
Elfenwolf: ...the Left and the Right want the same thing, basically- the right of people to keep and bear arms. Unfortunately the Right wants to arm our criminals and nut burgers while the Left wants to keep our streets safe.

I thought that it was Left's position that once a violent felon served out his prison term, he is not a criminal anymore but a member of society enjoying all the rights and liberties.
 Why would you consider such person dangerous? And how long? All his life? So how come that incorrigible dangerous person was released in the first place? Shouldn't he have been executed as the Right insist? Or at least stayed in prison for life?

You can hardly unleash a criminal into society and give him equal rights with the rest of us just so that you could deny some rights to lawfull citizen because there can be a former criminal among them. On the other hand, that's exactly what you do...

If a criminal is in prison or has been executed, violent mentally-ill patients are under proper supervision and illegal aliens are out of the country, what need is there for a background check?

miko

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #230 on: August 16, 2002, 03:01:04 PM »
miko c'mon, man. I know you're only responding to my troll because you know I'm bummed out over the loss of this fishery. I appreciate it, bud. You are most kind. <> and thank you, but I'm the one who overfished this stream so I only blame myself. In hindsight I should have praticed catch and release, but that is against the nature of a Troll.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2002, 09:32:33 AM »
miko I agree with ya..  if the guy is released then he is no longer dangerous or at least... he is given a real chance.. give em his damn gun and voting rights back.  Heck, the left, as you say, should espouse that since if he really is dangerous he will vote to take guns out of the hands of  law abiding citizens.  Pole after pole of criminals in prisons show that they want stricter gun control laws so that thier careers are not so dangerous.  

I think that the "convicted of a felony" thing is out of hand to anyones mind tho and just a flimsy excuse to deny another segment of society the right to defend themselves or shoot recreationaly.   most of these so felonies have nothing to do with violence or guns.    Even worse... now if any woman has filed a complaint against you for "spousal" abuse... you can't own a gun.  

and SB... Arizona just struck down a gun control law as being unconstitutional..  Arizona tried to say that the right to carry concealed firearms was not guarenteed by the second.  It was struck down.
lazs

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2002, 09:58:15 AM »
Lazs, I'm cruising through Dixon today. Anty place there I can buy you a beer at say maybe 1 this afternoon?

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2002, 12:07:51 PM »
Last call for Lazs...last call for Lazs...I'm leaving for Petaluma at ten thirty, will be back through Dixon between 2:30-3:00. I'll stop at that vegetable stand North of Interstate 80, that big silver one. I'll be in a white Honda Civic.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2002, 09:32:44 AM »
damn... missed your post.  Had a houseful of 20 year old women too!  Yeah, really..  my daughter had my granddaughter with her and her friends were all over hangin out... also had a freind (since the sixties) over that I haven't seen in a year or so ( he drives nostalgia front engined dragsters)..   woulda been a party..  I coulda picked u up so that you wouldn't have to be seen in a civic.   For authentic dixon flavor I coulda sent my mexican girlfriend over to pick you up in my ellll caminooo..

But... I am just down the street so why not email me and I will give u my phone number so that you can get in touch with me in the future?
lazs

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2002, 09:57:18 AM »
You're kidding me Lazs! I stopped at that Pedrick Road fruit stand and saw some guy who was just standing around and when I said "Lazs?" he said "Yeah?" so I thought it was you! Damn, I bought him beers and a hamburger, loaned him twenty dollars and gave him a ride out to the railroad tracks. Ya know I wondered why you showed up with a backpack and no car and I vowed not to bring up your lack of hygene here on the O'Club, but actually I'm glad that guy wasn't you. But damn, that guy sure knew more about WW2 airplanes than me.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #236 on: August 19, 2002, 08:56:50 AM »
happens a lot elf.. it was no doubt that insipid laz or "lazer" guy.  glad he finally profited by pretending to be me.
lazs