Author Topic: Charlton Heston's speech  (Read 4494 times)

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2002, 07:51:26 AM »
“Mr. Heston, the 78-year-old actor and president of the National Rifle Association who in a long career has portrayed seemingly invincible characters like Ben-Hur, El Cid and Moses, said in a statement videotaped on Wednesday that his doctors told him recently that he had a neurological disorder whose symptoms may be consistent with Alzheimer's.”

CNN

Looks like Chuck is tackling another role. I’d be interested to know what Alzheimers group is funding him and how much he’s making.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2002, 08:33:54 AM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf

If you don't send me five hundred dollars I am going to tell everyone you are a racist.

Dude! You rolled doubles! you get to go again!

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2002, 08:44:09 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Yep Miko the leftists in the USA just love to play the "racist" blackmail game

One of the biggest problems with the left, is that they had their glory years in the 60s when a lot of their issues were more relevant. It gets even worse. I mean Labor, Civil rights, the Environment, these were all issues that needed to be addressed in the past [edit] troll removed [/edit] But instead of realising the progress has been made, they cling to these same buzzwords. You'd think that after 40 years they would realise that tactics need to change if progress is going to be made.

-Sikboy
« Last Edit: August 10, 2002, 08:46:11 AM by Sikboy »
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2002, 09:10:58 AM »
I stood up to my 3rd grade teacher once.  She wanted me to recite the alphabet.  I refused, and she made me stand in the corner for the rest of class.  I have a lot in common with Jesus Christ, don't I?  DON'T I?!!

Nothing against Mr. Heston, but anyone that has to compare themselves to Martin Luther King has an ego problem.  If someone is worthy of such comparisons, someone else should make them.  Just my opinion, of course.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2002, 10:41:54 AM »
Yep Sikboy when I listen to some of these people I get the feeling they think its still 1960.

Elfenwolf you are a child molestor.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2002, 10:45:02 AM »
He didn't compare himself to Dr. King...he said he learned a lot from him.

I lost a grandparent over the course of three long years to a series of minor strokes.  She was over ninety.  She lost her memories a few at the time and went through great periods of depression and weeping.  

This was a lady who had a hard life but never complained.   I never heard her speak disparagingly of someone else whose opinions were different from hers.  She might disagree with them, but she didn't make insulting remarks about their intelligence.  She practically raised me during the summertime.  It was extremely painful for me to watch her die by degrees.  At the end, I don't know if she even recognized me.

As much as I detest Bill Clinton, I would not wish that kind of death on him.  I fail to see why some of you find Charlton Heston's predicament amusing.  Death is going to claim us all.  Therefore, we should be careful what we say about the suffering of other people. . . because we do not know what the Grim Reaper has in store for each of us.

Or do you really get that much enjoyment out of insulting others?

Shuckins

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2002, 11:08:42 AM »
Don't get me wrong... I support and defend Heston's constitutional rights to be a hypocrite. :)

Shite... I only rolled a 1.
sand

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2002, 11:12:13 AM »
Here you go ladies. Just for you.

Btw, i hate to burst a bubble here, be he wasn't really Moses. I know, it must be a disappointment to lot of you....

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2002, 11:28:14 AM »
The largest cause of death for black males under 30 in america is murder,

at he hand of other black males

the racist thing to do would be to ignore or encourage it. Seems to me chuck stand against the ice t types is not so much the wording but type of mind set in encourages. That crap is not  a reflection on "society" or ice ts enviroment. Wheres he living?  it damn sure aint the ghetto.

Tom Metzger (Fallbrook, CA own Hitler wanna) lost a multi million dollar judgement when the jury found that the literature and music he distibuted resulted in in the death of an Ethopian immigrant. Those who beat the guy to death had read liturature from toms group.

But suppose ice ts art was filled with rape the little jews or kill the the black cops. I am sure you hypocritical leftist would be out in front defending it as art.

Chuck never called for laws banning ice ts speech he used his right to free speech and right as a share holder to counter it.

On other hand leftist are the ones who consistantly are for laws against thought.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2002, 11:51:44 AM »
Originally posted by fd ski
Here you go ladies. Just for you.

Btw, i hate to burst a bubble here, be he wasn't really Moses. I know, it must be a disappointment to lot of you....

Missed the point FD, what was it?

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I just scroll past Groinhurtz posts...
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2002, 02:06:57 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM

Take heed, Midnight Target, Weazel and Elfenwolf. You too, Sikboy.

This is what we do. Let's play a game of racist blackmail.

Who goes first? :rolleyes:

He's so clueless and predictable it's not worth the effort to read his demented rantings.  

One of these days he might shuck off the brainwashing Slobodan gave him...then he might be able to think and speak coherently. :D

"Heston was espousing truly liberal ideas, such as individual freedom, responsibility for self and obligation to others. To me those are liberal ideas, not conservative."

As pointed out by miko2d your mistaking Libertarian values for liberal ones, and demonstrate perfectly why I hold the so called "conservative" fairy tale in such contempt.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2002, 02:07:00 PM »
The guy has always been a conservative, in a town crawling with lefty vermin. He gets credit for having the guts to do that, if nothing else.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2002, 02:19:40 PM »
Ohhh weazel that is soo clever. Maybe you should use your superior intellect to counter what I said instead of being a dick..

But wait I'm too much of a blabering neandertal to understand your superhuman left-wing line of uber thought.  :rolleyes:

Anyway I say your post goes to prove that you left wingers are only capable of name calling and insults when challenged. That makes sense as most of your ridiculous ideas came from arrogant cowardly upper class liberals who think themselves above normal American people.

But again I better stop rambling to save you scrolling time.  :p

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2002, 02:50:41 PM »
In a fit of pique at the Cannes Film Festival, Spike Lee said I should be shot "with a .44 Bulldog" (the handgun used by the serial killer Son of Sam).

In response, I feel some irony. In '63, when I was marching for the freedom of black Americans, I was threatened by white men. In '99, active now for the freedom of all Americans, I'm threatened by a black man.

When Lee was still in diapers, I was working with Dr. Martin Luther King to break down the racist code in the Hollywood technical unions that denied blacks any place behind the cameras, paving the way for young filmmakers like Lee.

I want no apology from him; my character speaks for itself. As for his, he's responsible for that, of course. I wish him well on his next film.

CHARLTON HESTON
Los Angeles

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Charlton Heston's speech
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2002, 02:51:29 PM »
The death of civility.  The number of people who can even define the term is rapidly dwindling.

Why is that, do you think?

Regards, Shuckins