Author Topic: I wonder what else has been said about me :)  (Read 616 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
I wonder what else has been said about me :)
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2002, 01:05:01 PM »
Originally posted by Catching Spies
Curval: you must have cared otherwise why did you post about it? Lose a nights sleep? Upset today at work? Beat your dog? You want some attention...call your local fbi office tell them you are going to blow-up a bridge in your virtual aircraft this afternoon.

Stepping in here for my squaddie Cruval, although he doesn’t need it…

Curval:  This is interesting and I find it funny

Catching Spies:  I have a big blue hat.  My hat is blue.  I like blue hats.  Can we talk about my blue hat?  No! I’m not giving you my hat!

Oh, and this is general discussion about AH therefore anything even remotely related to AH, ie laughing about someone blowing a fuse and accusing another of kill stealing can be covered here.

Who are you?  Oh… Nobody, right.  Cary on please.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2002, 01:16:31 PM »
ALL Kill Stealers are ashholes??  Really?

I generally try not to be the Flaming Sphincter of Death outside the office, yet last Friday, before the TOD, I found myself in a HurriIIc in the main trying to get some air time before the event.  Ran across a smoking 109 with two friendlies over one of our fields.  109 was still under power and turned into me, so I took a high deflection shot.  

Saw one ping; at the left wing root.  Hizookas are not kind to wings, and the next thing I know the wing and aircraft were going different directions.

I got credit for the kill.  Did I deserve it?  Probably not.  Did I intentionally steal someone's kill?  Not a chance.  KS can be pretty grey, but grey or not getting your panties in a wad over it is a waste of perfectly good flying time.  

So squeak away.  Your blood pressure is elevated and you've behaved like a petulant child.  You sure showed me, didn't you?
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2002, 01:32:07 PM »
When you a craft hurling towards the earth ENGULFED IN FLAMES.  Not Manuevering horizontally and it is 20 ft. off of the ground, it is NOT DELIBERATE?!  Get off of your high horse.

K2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Re: Re: I wonder what else has been said about me :)
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2002, 01:34:10 PM »
Originally posted by Kanth
I say unflattering things about you constantly..I walk around my workplace muttering about you.

would you like an essay or a summary?

maybe a powerpoint presentation?

Kanth,

In my business brevity is the best possible course.  A short concise summary would be best, possibly with a few illustartions to spice it up.

Catching Spies...the same would apply to that link you posted.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2002, 01:34:51 PM »
For the record: I lose NO sleep over it, it PROVES to me how pathetic of a "stick" they are.  

OVER and OUT

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2002, 02:56:56 PM »
I dunno about this incident but I called out on private channel to guys in your squad who have chased down flaming planes that others, including myself have shot up.

I watched joecrip's film of zip doing this very same thing.

joe gives zip check 6, clears zip, kills attacker, Zip reverses shoots plane free falling to the deck.

In one 2 minute period blueice (when he was still in your squad) chased a 51 whos wing I shot off to the deck and exploded him. Then grabbed to see a free falling la7, my wingman Soviet shot up and cleared off of me,  blueice exploded him as well. We had a polite chat on private channel and we both salutes each other. Then other members of his squad start squeaking at me for calling him on it on channel 2.

So theres a history of "killstealing" I dunno what happened in this instance but it could be a case of someone else knowing this history and too quickly jumped on curval.

Most of my guys in my squad fly to get kills period. We dont enter the main just to cruise around for an hour. I know thats a shock to some of yas but hey thats the way it is.

that said in a furball of numerous folks all chasing after kills sometimes 2 or folks end up chasing a guy and both firing. This aint kill stealing. These folks are all after the same thing. But when planes are clearly unflyable and in a free fall to the deck and a guy chases him down thats "killstealing".

Just my 2 cents

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2002, 05:29:02 PM »
Originally posted by Kratzer
Honestly, until the thing goes boom, the kill ain't yours.

What IS annoying is when you blow someone's wing off and immediately see the vultures head for the body as it falls to earth, but even then, there isn't a lot you can do about it.

That's why I fire until the target blows up.  Even when I take off a critical part of the enema's aircraft and he's fluttering in the wind, I will still come around for another pass and pour more lead into him to make him blow up.  Only time I won't do it is if I'm flying solo or with squadmates or guys that I know aren't a bunch of kill stealers.

Ack-Ack

Offline Catching Spies

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2002, 06:09:28 PM »
Many times because delay/lag on the internet or the graphic quality it is diffcult to determine a plane is going down. You may see a plane going down with one wing missing, I may see the plane still intact flying, another may see something totally different. "If it really matters smile and go on to the next con" I have concluded yelling at your monitor is not going to change anything.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2002, 06:29:52 PM by Catching Spies »

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: I wonder what else has been said about me :)
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2002, 07:21:02 PM »
Understood,

I'll do my best here:

hope that helps.

Originally posted by Curval

Kanth,

In my business brevity is the best possible course.  A short concise summary would be best, possibly with a few illustartions to spice it up.

Catching Spies...the same would apply to that link you posted.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Sachs

• Nickel Member
      • http://where?
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2002, 08:27:28 PM »
Who are you?

Offline Chanter

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2002, 11:52:22 PM »
RA: "For example, an F4F required over 20 cranks to drop the gear, and again to retract them"

What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna hit the brakes, he'll fly right by me!"

:)
1841 Fleet Air Arm

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2002, 11:59:23 PM »
Asside from lag there are other issues to consider, for example when you're high and ya see a friendly chasing a low con beneath you, is he under 300 yards and getting pings or is he 800 yards back and firing .303s in the hope the guy will turn?  Sometimes it's hard to tell and you dont have long to make the decision, is bouncing the con stealing the kill?  Some would whine so.....

When a con is smoking 3 different flavours is it a kill steal to finish him?

Bollocks is it.  If a con isnt going down trailing black smoke and missing a wing or three then it's still a threat and threats need to be dealt with.

What is bollocks is watching 12 friendlies chasing a single low con when there's another 20 inbound high.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2002, 07:47:45 AM »
Originally posted by Wotan

...So theres a history of "killstealing" I dunno what happened in this instance but it could be a case of someone else knowing this history and too quickly jumped on curval...

I had no idea I had that much affect on your psyche Wotan?  Actually from the small tone in the post, it sounds like our whole squad does.  Allied envy maybe?  Just break down and jump in big blue you’ll feel much better once you get that boot strap out of your ass.

No it’s not a shock, we all know most of your squad spends a lot of time online.  That’s probably why the small things bother you all so much.

Oh, by the way…  How’s Joe doing any way, lol.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2002, 07:59:12 AM »
The important thing is that we can't turn off the local voice.   It would be great if we could.   Seems most of the guys on it are as interesting as that lazer guy.
lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Re: Re: Re: Re: I wonder what else has been said about me :)
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2002, 08:17:42 AM »
Originally posted by Kanth
Understood,

I'll do my best here:

hope that helps.

<----inhales deeply through his nose.

Yup...that about says it all.  Well put Sir.;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain