Author Topic: Biggest "egos" in the game?  (Read 6692 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Biggest "egos" in the game?
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2002, 10:21:17 PM »
eagl,

I dont care about voss or his history and I am fully aware of that history because it forever continues to show up here.  This aint the place for it.

Im tired of retreading this retreaded retread again.  Make a post here on this subject see what happens.  Its bad enough that this guy shows up and ruins a valid thread again.  This is not a public forum and personal attacks and accusations are not part of the acceptable behavior required to participate.  It pisses me off that it has continued.  You guys need to go start a "lets hate voss" web page or your own "lets hate voss" BBS.  Get it out of here.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2002, 10:43:05 PM »
lol, this thread had validity?  only in that it was trying to set up people for getting hammered... so i guess the tack it took is just as valid.

we *are* talking *ego* aren't we?

:cool:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2002, 02:48:28 AM »
Voss uncontrollably spewed:

>GE, I hope they ban you for life for this toejam.

What toejam would that be, Voss?
Asking you how your alleged P-51 is doing these days? ..or your alleged brain tumor?
Perhaps pointing out that your credibility has not changed?

>Unlike the community you come from, the AH community has attempted to keep personal attacks from occuring.

ROFLMAO!! I guess you don't read these boards much?

> you still don't have your facts straight, and never will

Type what you will .. google searches show exactly what you said, and when. Online memory is long.

>HT, this is my personal request to ban GE from the board permanently.

Good luck with that.

-GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2002, 02:57:59 AM »
Yeager once more proves himself by adding these bits of wisdom:

>I could care less about voss or tas and I care even less about you.

Try and imagine, Yaghead, that you may mean even less to others.

> No way to own your sorry ass.

You got that right.
Just plain luck I'd say, judging by the rest of what you have written.  

>.. your just an idiot who cant mind his own business.

Actually .. whenever Voss shows up he gives *excellent* Squeak
(tm DD) ..all I have to do is ask him how his 'P-51' is doin.

You on the other hand just Squeak on Demand.
Nice Squeak .. toy (tm DD)

>..just go away.

Again.. I pass on your advice.. dweeb.

-GE
-GE

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2002, 06:22:23 AM »
After reading this thread I keep thinking about another former AH player that had a 3/4 scale P51 , but can't for the life of me think of his name ?????

Someone help me out please ? I know he had a pickup too right ?? WTF was his name ???? !!!!!

Oh ya , hello FBI people :) , have a nice day .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2002, 07:04:02 AM »
Originally posted by airspro
After reading this thread I keep thinking about another former AH player that had a 3/4 scale P51 , but can't for the life of me think of his name ?????

Someone help me out please ? I know he had a pickup too right ?? WTF was his name ???? !!!!!

Oh ya , hello FBI people :) , have a nice day .

The Wobble

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2002, 09:23:45 AM »
Thats the best you can do?  Lol.... what a waste of time.
Keep trying though, your becoming quickly irrelevant.

In any event, if you have the emotional strength, try playing the damned game.  At least that way your dribble would have some chance of finding a spine to hold it up.  Until then your thoughts are just gas passing out your overused toy hole.  Got a thing for toys eh....hehe

Go away already.......
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2002, 09:37:29 AM »
you guys are kinda rough on ol voss... not like he ever claimed to own a p51 or to have flown a real 109 or shot down jets in the gulf or anything.  

I never used to like shane till I seen how much he tweaked ol voss.  Like eskimo... I have been waiting for the ego to explode... we have been getting little rumbles... An eruption is iminnent.

Heck... I used to dislike the `13tas.... simply by association.    I mean... "what kinda dipshi...."  Glad I met some of em in person.  They are not like I imagined people who followed voss would be like.    Older, mild tempered guys with good senses of humor who don't take things to seriously or have blown out egos.   The ones I met seem very honest too.
lazs

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2002, 10:40:26 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Glad I met some of em in person.  They are not like I imagined people who followed voss would be like.    Older, mild tempered guys with good senses of humor who don't take things to seriously or have blown out egos.   The ones I met seem very honest too.
lazs

"Older, mild tempered, good senses of humour..." that sounds a little like you, especially that "old" part:)

Ok back to the slander fest, excuse my intrusion.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2002, 12:40:54 PM »
STFU!

(Not directed at anyone in particular, just didn't want to miss out on any trend)

I would like to point out that this is the "Aces High General Discussion" board.  I'm guessing this board is for the general discussion of Aces High.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2002, 12:57:44 PM by Thrawn »

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2002, 12:52:30 PM »
VOSS gets my vote for the ego thing , amazinhunk thing too :) although some others came real close

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2002, 01:05:24 PM »
Was that "Ego" or "Spedo"......................? :rolleyes:

Yous are all gurlymen anyhow..........:D

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2002, 01:08:16 PM »
A small fact finding tour resulted in this:
Statements with > were made by 'Voss'

Statements in rebuttal were made by an F-16 pilot, who actually researched a few of the claims that 'Voss' made.

> If you are looking for confirmation, or denial, go to hell, stop >reading now, and accept your current opinion as *truth*. I don't >lie.

Ummmm....you won't be offended if I choose not to accept that last statement will you?

>   To begin with, this all began after a review I did with Michael >and *name withheld* for our "soon to be released" game.  >Michael slipped and said something "off the record" which I then >corrected and asked *name withheld* to ignore. He agreed.  
> Three months passed before Robey Price began looking into >things which are none of his business. Got that Robey? It's >NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Ummm...actually I began questioning things (Back in Dec 1996) when you told me that you ALSO flew F-16s. I was psyched that a another Viper guy was making a cool air combat sim. When I told some Viper Buds about a "brother" with THREE PhDs, they thought you had to go to the Zoo (USAFA) for your Astro background. But no current/former F-16 guy I checked with
ever heard of you and the Academy Grads could find NO RECORD of Paul D. Hinds at the Academy.....EVER...But with all the email you were getting I believed that you were too busy to enlighten me.

I thought you were the real-deal...I don't anymore...plain and simple. Here is the email from Scott Butcher USAFA Class of 1981 (this was just last month after you said you attended from '77-79):

] Robey,

] Alright, I dragged the yearbooks down from the attic (their normal place of honor) and dusted them off.  There was no Paul Hinds at the academy in the 77-78 yearbook or the 78-79 yearbook.  I sure don't remember running into him.

] Please tell me that this guy doesn't fly for Northwest.  It sounds
like the biggest crock of toejam I've ever heard, flying '16s and getting 3 PhDs, yeah right.  Every '16 driver I've ever run into compares notes on dates and squadrons to find common friends.  Let me know 'the rest of the story'.

So that was from a fellow F-16 pilot that was your classmate at the Academy.

> You, and you alone, are responsible for the escalation of this crap.

[blushing] Ummm thanks, (looking over at Pips, SAM Magnet, Schlong AKA Eagl) but it was pretty easy when one considers the magnitude (my PhD word for the day) of your credentials or "bona fides" as it were.  

> It must be pretty boring hauling cattle for a living.

(ouch...that rapier wit) Yep...and I LOVE IT...that's about all this 40 year old body and balding pate can handle, and boy and some of those cattle are built like "brick outhouses."  It was a brutally boring 4 day trip that turned into a 3 day trip. Sacramento was ONLY 82 degrees when we got there, and I was so bored in Orlando today sitting out by the pool. Oh my, all that cattle out there...yep pretty boring...throw me in that briar patch B'rer Fox.

Everybody welcome "Schlong" (WB eagl) back to the world. So Schlong how was that "first class meal" during your ride back from the sand box?
Don't you think AAR procedures really belong in section three (EPs) of the Dash One? (Old Phantom joke)... I always let the Captain pick which entree he wants first.

> BTW, your note was dated May 10, 1997. Not March 10, which some idiots are trying to convince us all of.

Okay, that indeed is the date of my BIG question to you about the USAFA story. But timeline is not really the point...

> I am not so easily fooled, so get used to it.

Perhaps you think potential customers and investors are....

> Then I get all these psychopathic ravings in my email. "Oneman
> and Voss are the same guy", and "I called the University." >You're a real loser Robey! I mean that!

Ummm, Oops NEVER said I called...said I checked with the University.
Voss when you say, "I mean that!" Should we interpret that the same way that you shot down two Iraqis and now fear for your life due to Iraqi retaliation? Geez didn't they release ALL the POWs unharmed?
But this is the email I got from Marcia Overby at the University of Arkansas (Chancellor's Office)

] Dear Robey,  I am sorry that I didn't reply sooner, but I was out of town on Friday.  It appears that Dr. Hinds is no longer employed by the University of Arkansas, and I was not able to find a forwarding address.
Sorry that I wasn't more help to you.  --Marcia

> Even the liberal press of today has more couth then to print such rubbish before they CAREFULLY review the facts.

I'm lost here Voss...now I'm forced to reveal that my degree is merely political science and that I am a liberal (Pips, SAM Magnet, Schlong, Toad don't hate me.), I've NEVER flown in combat, I hated working with nukes, and Hornet drivers kicked my bellybutton in every 1-v-1 encounter I ever had with them (MCAS Beaufort and NAS Cecil Field).
I had "pipper burns" from those guys. (Stop gloating Pips!)

>   Now, if you don't mind, I am going to have to work VERY hard to come up with the cash to finance the completion of this game.

Simple solution...sell your Mustang, which has N number...(fill in the LARGE BLANK). Or sell that last remaining AUTHENTIC Fokker Dr-1 you have in your barn/hanger (you said you had it back in Feb on the TAS BBS).
I would imagine that Dr-1 would fetch a tidy sum of coin of the realm. Especially when aviation historians think the last authentic Fokker Dr-1 was destroyed in Berlin back in 1945. Those dummies.

> I know you have delighted in creating havoc and mayhem on the Internet.

"Mass hysteria...Dogs and Cats living together..."

> You went so far as to warn Michael and Bill not to give me any money.

Absolutely correct. I suggest that everyone research any potential
investment. Only invest in things you understand and avoid giving money to folks when their story doesn't check out. Don't take candy from strangers.

Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice shame on ME.

> You probably don't know that I gave Michael 50% of Pro-Line just for discussing ideas and helping to create a playable game.

And exactly what is the ROI (return on investment) for 50% of zero?
Perhaps it's the same as the "derivative of a constant" (christ this IS THE ONLY thing I learned in calculus in 1974). The derivative of a constant is zero...right Voss?

NOTE TO: Nosferatu, Hawkeye, Brad Hitz et al...I realize you folks could give a rat's rear about anybody claiming to be something they're not.
While I don't share that view, I respect that opinion. It is not my
intention that the "Saga of Paul Hinds" become the longest running soap opera on this NG.

Hawkeye, you are correct that this is POORLY timed considering Paul's health, so your suggestion to let it go for now...that's fair. I did post my claims BEFORE the reports of Paul on his deathbed.

I brought this to the NG because some folks (us military amazinhunks) do care about it, and I wanted to force Paul to address the specific claims. Apparently Mike Hobuss (Paul's business partner) found my information MORE CREDIBLE than anything Paul had to offer.

The members of the River Rats, http://www2.eos.net/RRVA/index.html
consider Paul Hinds a "wannabe." Just check with Al Bache, current Executive Director (he can verify my credentials).

CASE CLOSED!

Robey "Cattle Drover" Price

-brought to you by Frank P. 'Gray Eagle' Williamson.
 (just another military amazinhunk)
-GE

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2002, 01:11:54 PM »
Just for clarification purposes here. The 13TAS being bandied about here on the thread is not the AH (or AW) squad. It was a title used to describe an airplane game venture.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2002, 02:29:10 PM »
last time I've seen 2 seniles guys fight it was in the Muppet Show :)

Continue guys I've  fun here ...