Author Topic: F4u-4  (Read 697 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2002, 10:14:59 AM »
Lazs!  How ya doing? :)
The arena has become a very cautious place with all the fast late model planes and the long distances between fields. Hate to admit it but the lag or p51 is about the only solution to arena play in most cases these days.
Erm... did someone whisper something about an RPS in a thread a little while ago?
Sorry about that. Don't know what came over me. :rolleyes: :p
« Last Edit: September 17, 2002, 10:17:04 AM by beet1e »

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
F4u-4
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2002, 11:42:41 AM »
you have only flied it 13 times and have already 3 deaths.
150 perk points lost is it worth it ?

The plane is not worth 50 perk points whatsovever vs some other late war planes !
we have the la7 and p51`s that go a easy kill if in a good hand vs the fu4-4.

Its a joke ! I dont understand why HTC after all the critics they have had about the fu4-4 still have it perked 50, but by all means they can have it perked and leave it mostly unused.

wtf is the reason for it anyway, they should not have intruduced here anyway when it is like this.

then again perk points is good for the company since people dunnot wanna leave cause they loose their perks hehe.
just in case they wanna come back 2 months later rofl. :D

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
F4u-4
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2002, 11:55:06 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak

To attack Nepal?

The AK's are working on another map. 23k jabo ability may come in handy.

:D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
F4u-4
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2002, 11:58:03 AM »
agreed.  I'm working on a high-alt map myself.

It's kinda neat having bases above 10k...
let's see how those la7 lovers like it :)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2002, 11:58:37 AM »
AKIron - what will the next one be? AK-Tiramisu? LOL!  Just kidding. I like the pizza map in many ways.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
F4u-4
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2002, 12:11:30 PM »
Originally posted by Innominate

To wotan:
Dispute this:

Target selection process for most MA pilots:
Look through planes I can point my guns at.  If I spot a perk plane I can get near, latch onto it.  If there are no perk planes, look for the easiest kill.

Is this wrong?

Some of us target the La's, Niks Spits and 51's first...that way the sky's clear of the pickpockets who'll surely nab your perk plane kill as it spirals to earth in flames :D

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
F4u-4
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2002, 04:45:09 PM »
Originally posted by air_guard
The plane is not worth 50 perk points whatsovever vs some other late war planes !
Its a joke ! I dont understand why HTC after all the critics they have had about the fu4-4 still have it perked 50, but by all means they can have it perked and leave it mostly unused.

Well first off, the plane isnt perked because of it's performance.  It's a 1945 end-of-the-war plane, and didn't see a whole lot of combat.  There is no way in hell it should be unperked.  It's killer handicap is its tags, which scream "KILL ME" to all of the planes which are in any position to catch it.  This is why the chog does so well, no gangbang tags, and it's still flown like a perk plane.

If the f4u4 were unperked, it would become the best jabo in the game hands down.  It's only 2mph slower than an la7 at top speed(though takes much longer to get there)  The perk price isn't the problem.  Anyone who spends time in planes with a high eny can easily earn tons of perks.  If anything the perk prices should be increased.  The prices are fairly irrelevent, it's the gangbangs that ruin the fun of flying them.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2002, 05:05:31 PM »
i dont get any more gangbanged in a 152 anymore then I do in a an a5.

Its not a reference of skill but personal experience. Neither karnak or innominate seem to have enough time in perk planes to make this a judgement based on the icons. You arent in a position to know why someone is chasing. You pressume everyone wants to kill a perk plane.

A kill is a kill and a death is a death no matter plane you fly.

Target selection process for most MA pilots:
Look through planes I can point my guns at. If I spot a perk plane I can get near, latch onto it. If there are no perk planes, look for the easiest kill.

People go for the easiest kills period. People try to kill me in whatever plane I fly regardless of the icon. I am much more likely to survive in a perk plane being chased by an arena of la7s then in an a5.

You dress your arguement up any way you want. The stats show perk planes out performing most other planes. Guys in my squad who have flown perk planes more this tour then either of you to have since ah got them dont see the enmass gangbang you claim.

So outside your very limited experience, there no basis for your claim.

Here is Zip whos not in my squad and flies the f4u-4 and does well in it. Read what he says...

The F4U-4 is a very capable aircraft. So much so that I use it for the most part in a JABO roll. I like having the extra power getting to the target. I hate having the perk sign above me but after a mistake I made with the Spit 14 and 9 I found something out. My k/d in a low alt furball in a perky wasn’t any worse than what it was in my regular rides.

I still find that. Either my k/d is better in the perky, and I use it low and in the dirt, or at least equal to other aircraft.

I wont argue that people will drop everything to come your direction but that can be used to a good advantage. I’m starting to believe the perception is wrong. Are you more or less self conscious when you step into a perky? If it’s more, who’s fault is that? After all it’s just another aircraft right?

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
F4u-4
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2002, 05:36:11 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
You dress your arguement up any way you want. The stats show perk planes out performing most other planes. Guys in my squad who have flown perk planes more this tour then either of you to have since ah got them dont see the enmass gangbang you claim.

ANY plane that gets perked will have perk stats.  They get those stats because they  are flown LIKE perk planes, as much as thier performance(Excepting the tempest and 262, both of which have performance deserving the tags).  Any plane perked would get a k/d ratio.

Why does the 10perk f4u1c have a higher k/d ratio than the 50perk f4u4?

Answer: The tags.

And like i said before, If the tags don't hurt the plane, there is no need for them to have them.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2002, 05:43:40 PM »
My k/d in a low alt furball in a perky wasn’t any worse than what it was in my regular rides.

Zip doesnt seem to have you problem. Neither do I.  My k/t is a bit higher then yours and I have flown perk planes more often and dont fly it any differently then I would fly any other.

Again evidence doesnt support you.

Perk tags are there to let the rest of us know what we are facing. You want folks to be able to hide behind perk tags so they can get easy kills.

The perk system works well even with the icons.

Why does the 10perk f4u1c have a higher k/d ratio than the 50perk f4u4?

Because of its 4 hispanos........

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
F4u-4
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2002, 06:08:04 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan

Because of its 4 hispanos........

So if the f4u1c had the tag "F4U1C", it's stats wouldnt change?

The tag argument is wrong also, If you believe that you should be arguing for EVERY plane to have a specific model tag.  We already have numerous planes with the same tags which have significant performance differences.
The 109F vs 109G for instance, is a huge performance difference.
There is the spit9 vs spit5, the f4u's, the 190's, etc.

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
F4u-4
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2002, 01:00:59 AM »
I'm not going to even suggest what other people do.  But personally, when and if I see a perk aircraft which is a viable target, I select it to attack over other aircraft just based on its tag.

Put 1 in the column "tags do have an affect."

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
F4u-4
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2002, 01:17:36 AM »
Innominate;

The F4U-4, Ta152, Tempest and the Spit VIX are all late war aren't they?

They each have much different perk point values.

But....

I don't fly it much at all, nor do I fly any perk plane.

But....

I sure fly after anyone I see.  It is like a special trophy I guess.

Maybe all these planes should have the same perk values, and a bit lower say 25 perks.

And....

I have been hear alot of Ta152 is perk pork lately.  Seems like whining to me.  Why is that?

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
F4u-4
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2002, 01:20:15 AM »
Tag's have a definate effect . The spit14 for example, yeah it goes very fast but it handles like crap at high speeds . If you want to get kills in it you're going to have to mix it up a bit, and when you do the four p51s that have been following you around will all be competing for your scalp as fast as they can . That's the reason they are so rarely encountered, not their price .

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2002, 04:35:30 AM »
Oh yeah whenever someone points out that a LW plane is porked it's whining...
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.