Author Topic: F4u-4  (Read 698 times)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
F4u-4
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2002, 06:01:49 AM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
Oh yeah whenever someone points out that a LW plane is porked it's whining...

Damn Wil, you came here to whine? :)

Actually, gradually icons are the best decision to make both slow perks to work, and they are realistic also. People can destinct enemy/friendly planes at bigger distance usually, than they can say what exactly type of plane it is. They can distinct a model only when it is very close normally.

IMHO it shall be this way: plane get enemy/friendly icon at 5k. You get type of plane at 2.5k. You get a model at 1k. (as usually numbers may be adjusted).

If you get its model, for example Yak9U, this tag shall stay on icon till plane get out of icon range again. So, even if this plane ran out of you, you will still see his model icon, because you have identified it already.

This system looks pretty natural, I do not know why it is not implemented this way. Probably it is some design considerations, which I have no idea about.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2002, 06:09:43 AM »
I came here to whine about people whining about what they consider is whining about LW planes just because some people point out that that particular LW plane is porked, and do so by using lots of WW2 aswell as post war information about a certain type.

Good idea though Fariz.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
F4u-4
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2002, 07:20:36 AM »
Oh yeah whenever someone points out that a LW plane is porked it's whining...

This is not my first exposure and not by a wide margin.  From my stand point, once the hub bub gets to constant drone I kind of tune out any further valid informantion and it becomes whining.  LW fans seem to be most over-persistent in this prosecution.  

Wilbuz, does it seem that way to you?

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2002, 12:45:09 PM »
It's not whining when someone points out what's wrong and proves it wrong.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
F4u-4
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2002, 01:29:14 PM »
Wil, I was joking :)

I think it is just teasing, nothing more.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2002, 02:50:20 PM »
I know you were joking fariz but some other people aren't, I'm getting sick and tired about hearing everybody whine as soon as somepbody points something about about an LW plane THAT IS ****** UP! If it's a whine, somebody says "that plane is porked" but he/she doens't show any info of it, THAT'S a whine.

Show proof and evidence, it's pointing out a flaw/bug, end of story.

Fariz, this was not aimed at you.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
F4u-4
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2002, 06:48:25 PM »
If Mino had interest in whther this is whining or not he'd argue.
It looks more like he has a secret pleasure in typing variations of Luftwhiner
A bit like Manx telling me right out before we duel "I just hate LW pilots". You enjoy rubbing it in?
Just wtf do you think this is? A game of SM? It's not likely anyone is taking the M role..
I'm a guy playing this game just like you are; If I or Wilbuz do this it is probably for the same legitimate reasons Ripsnort infatuates on the F7F.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2002, 12:04:26 AM »
Let me put it to you this way...

From 0->10k You are a target. Even a P-38 will kill you.

From 10k->20k You are a target. A P-38 will kill you.

From 20->30k You are a Target. A P-38 will kill you

From 30k->40k You are a Target. A P-38 will bounce you.

Any questions?

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
F4u-4
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2002, 03:20:02 AM »
You are wrong Moot.

I have alot of confidence that should any plane be shown to HTC that its FM is not correct.  It will be changed.  I have learned that all this takes is patience.  I have also realized that it takes time for this to happen.  End of story

Examples that come immediately to my mind are the 109-G10, the P-51D, the 190A-5, the N1K2 and the P-38L.  These FM have been changed.  In the case of the P-38L, the FM was changed several times.  Now, the FM's seen more or less correct in there current model.  End of story

In every case, FM problems were fixed.  Let me repeat that.  In every case, FM problems were fixed.  I am absolutely certain, that if the Ta152 FM is shown to be in error, of which I have no real clue about, it will be corrected.  End of story.

Not once in all these FM changes have I seen HTC do so in what I would call a rapid fashion.  In other words, you probably won't see them screwing up a screw up, just to screw that up.  These FM changes evolve.  They do not pop in and out at every players desire, no matter what level of attention is exerted.  End of story.

But......

The insesstant badgering demanding insulting accusational nagging gets really old.  So I paraphase all that I have stated above and lump it into one whole and complete word that is universal among AH players.  A word that everyone can understand.  This word is "whining".  End of story

Every player whines, exceptions to this are extremely rare.  What is not quite so rare is that LW fans often take this concept to the next level.  Like I stated before, this is not my first exposure to any of this.

Personally, I honestly hope that the FM claims about the Ta152 are valid and that the appropriate changes to it are made.  Wilbuz has demostrated alot of research and put forth alot of effort into proving his claims.

Just my humble opinion.  Can you possibly can get over it? :)

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
F4u-4
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2002, 03:25:09 AM »
Wilbuz,

I found nothing you posted up to be whining.  Not in the slightess, don't be so defensive.

Well done!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
F4u-4
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2002, 04:04:23 AM »
I agree with your second post. case closed.

On the 152 in AH, what's too itchy is i've never seen something this fishy, to not say wrong. It's a game, yes, not perfect, but what htc does is most of the time unreproachable.

The name doesn't match the paint/paint doesn't match name.
There are a few things that don't add up, there seems to be engine power missing, or weight in excess, even though most things point to that weight being 'right', since this is the H1 with extra equipment.
The engine power seems off; even without looking at charts you can tell something's amiss. This isn't an intrinsic quality of "being a LW"er..

o/t
if one of the H1 wing tanks contained boost-system liquid, there is one wing carrying more fuel than the other?

a nice -H paint job:
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
F4u-4
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2002, 04:12:39 AM »
moot were did you got this sentence ? :

Aujourd'hui plus qu'hier. Demain moins qu'aujourd'hui. En moi est l'Autre. Nous deux mêlés. En toi ennemi, ami, frére : mon identité.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
F4u-4
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2002, 04:34:03 AM »
Tu l'as deja vu autre part? Je ne sais plus ou je l'ai trouve, c'est un melange de qqchose que j'ai pense il y a longtemps, et d' autre chose que j'ai du lire qqpart.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
F4u-4
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2002, 04:39:20 AM »
oui ça me dit quelque chose ....
mais je sais pas d'ou :(

Je pense a un livre sur la 1ere guerre modiale ... mais lequel ? ça je  ne sais pas :(

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
F4u-4
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2002, 04:46:52 AM »
Je te file un email si je trouve d'ou ça vient.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you