Author Topic: F4u-4  (Read 696 times)

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
F4u-4
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2002, 06:51:44 AM »
BTW Wilbuz;

My original post was only concerned with the thread topic.  That topic I thought had to with perk points of various AC.

I had played in the MA earlier and there was alot of hub bub conversation concerning perk points.  The Ta152 came up often and a fairly common comment was that it was "perk porked".  

I had never heard this before, found it some what humorous and I had thought some of the people posting in this thread might know what was going with that.  :)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2002, 07:41:46 AM »
Wilbuz,

I found nothing you posted up to be whining. Not in the slightess, don't be so defensive.

Well done!

Rgr Mino, my appologize, thought what you said before was pointed at some of the Ta152 threads.

Mate :)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2002, 07:48:08 AM by Wilbus »
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
F4u-4
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2002, 07:55:29 AM »
Originally posted by air_guard
you have only flied it 13 times and have already 3 deaths.
150 perk points lost is it worth it ?

I have this odd compulsion to strafe the Ostwind.  It's a sickness.  I have yet to take damage in the F4U-4 from any fighter, and I have not flown it 13 times - just have killed 13 times:)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
F4u-4
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2002, 08:07:19 AM »
You're generalizing Mino, it was me who said that only me.

I agree that Wlbuz has made a strong case in by which he has proven the 152 H-1 FM( & paint scheme) to be in error and I also hope it gets fixed or is at least in the list to be fixed sometime in the future(not the I want it now some of the people think most want things done around here).

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
F4u-4
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2002, 08:13:26 AM »
Go away luftwhiners.  This is a corsair-whiners thread. :D:D:D

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
F4u-4
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2002, 08:18:43 AM »
Originally posted by Mino
Innominate;

The F4U-4, Ta152, Tempest and the Spit VIX are all late war aren't they?

They each have much different perk point values.

But....

I don't fly it much at all, nor do I fly any perk plane.

But....

I sure fly after anyone I see.  It is like a special trophy I guess.

Maybe all these planes should have the same perk values, and a bit lower say 25 perks.

And....

I have been hear alot of Ta152 is perk pork lately.  Seems like whining to me.  Why is that?

I guess if your don't fly em you will never know :)

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
F4u-4
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2002, 08:34:12 AM »
Originally posted by Mino
Innominate;

The F4U-4, Ta152, Tempest and the Spit VIX are all late war aren't they?

They each have much different perk point values.

They are much different planes.  

The tempest is the ultimate MA plane.  Nothing short of a 262 can run it down without a big alt advantage.  In this sense it has a huge advantage over anything else in the sky.

The F4U-4 and spit14 are(Given a status similar to thier free relatives, no gangbang tags or perk cost) EXCELLENT MA planes, with significant advantages over everything else.  The f4u4 has unbelievably potential(useless with the gangbang tags though) as a jabo.  The spit14 is very much similar to an unmaneuverable spit9 without it's wep, which only lasts for 5 minutes.  Without wep it's not that great.  Both the spit14 and the f4u4 are vulnerable to the free fighters in a co-e situation, a status which the tempest gets to mostly avoid.

Then we have the la7 which is a large cause of these problems.  It's essentially perk speed, with an exceptional turning ability, and adequate firepower.  At high speed, it will turn inside just about any fighter who's speed is anywhere near it.  At low speed, it can be beaten without too much trouble, but given the la7's accelleration, it's trivial to keep the plane from slowing down too much.

I'll skip the 152, because I havn't flown it much.

As has been stated before though, perk prices aren't always based totally on performance.  The spit14 and f4u4 NEED to be perked, unlike the tempest and 262 though, they lack the performance to survive the handicap of the gangbang tags in an MA situation.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
F4u-4
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2002, 09:02:58 AM »
Both Spit 14 and F4u-4 can survive the gangbangs if flown the right way, I've had 190's, 109 G10 and LA7's dive in on me from alt when in my spit 14, just make them bleed there E and then leave them in the dirt. However, I do agree, both those planes are WAY overpriced, about 20 for each of them would be good. They need to be perked but their tags need to be taken away.

With the sky full of LA7's (sure they may not have the most kills in the MA but they are the most numerous after, possibly, the spit 9) you can't afford to get low in any of those two planes as you'll soon find your self surounded by LA7's and spits, if you run from an La7 he'll catch you, when he does and you outturn him, the spit will kill you.

The Ta152 is just a porked victim.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.