Author Topic: "Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .  (Read 1511 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
"Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2004, 04:18:20 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
any insult or wack at America, Americans, or an American, or anything American is taken personaly. And that's all I am going to say.
The same goes for the rest of the world, Morph. A lot of Americans seem to forget that. Sometimes we're dismissed as "pissants"... and we're simply expected to lie down and take it. Well guess what? Courtesy is a two way street. And what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Gawd, I love that expression. :D

Mechanic. High Wycombe? So why does your profile say London? I'm about 20 minutes from HW in a small town between Reading & Maidenhead. One of my best friends lives in HW - up Amersham Hill - Maybrook Gardens.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2004, 04:30:36 AM »
We consider Great Britain as our greatest allies in the free world.  No one I've known had anything but the greatest respect for the British.  You can thank Winston Churchill for that!!!  But even as far back as the Revolutionary War, the British were formidable opponents and had no lack of guts, and were admired for their willingness to stand up against overwhelming odds.  This is a fact of history, and can be found in every historical account involving British in battle.

Those who dismiss Britain as pissants do so at their peril.  And I believe you're mistaken Beet1e, about that point.  

Les

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2004, 04:31:11 AM »
no ***** way    thats really cool man. which little town?
my profile says london becuase its easier for the rest of the world to understand. High wycombe isnt famous for much except a flowing smack and crack trade, plus petty crime and general  lowlife-edness
I know maybrook gardens well. never been to a house there but have walked passed it 10,000 times.
you ever fly up at booker? cool cool cool.
and i couldnt agree more with your statement about geese and all that. sometimes it is forgotten that all nations deserve the respect 'some nations' think they do. or all nations deserve no respect equally. or what ever.

And Ply: thank you for your obviously wise words. im sorry for being aggresive.

and Morph: you crazy bastage. each time you post here you say  'i wasnt here' or 'this is my final word' etc  :lol

And finaly Steve: i apologise for being a dick. must have been a bad day. My attack was against a certain type of personality not against any nation. once again apologies to those who deserve it.
*flips the bird to those who dont deserve an apology*
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 04:33:36 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2004, 05:16:41 AM »
Beet, I won't speak for everyone but I do not dismiss the Brits as pissants. I, and those close to me who have expressed their opinions, consider you our closest ally and long time friend who has stuck w/ us through tough times for both countries.
The world would be different and probably worse off if our two countries had not been so closely allied over the last almost 100 years.

Mech, I only took offense because I thought you were attacking my country, thanks for clearing things up.  I too am sorry it got ugly and for the things I said. FWIW, I would defend your country's good name w/ about as much passion.  Our two countries may not be peas in a pod, but I feel they are inextricably linked, and for the better.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2004, 06:05:31 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
no ***** way    thats really cool man. which little town?
my profile says london becuase its easier for the rest of the world to understand. High wycombe isnt famous for much except a flowing smack and crack trade, plus petty crime and general  lowlife-edness
I know maybrook gardens well. never been to a house there but have walked passed it 10,000 times.
you ever fly up at booker? cool cool cool.
Twyford! -just off the A4. I've lived within a mile of the town centre for the past 21 years.

Booker - I learned to fly there! - Booker Gliding Club 1983-86. I was taught by a BA 747 flight engineer. Got pissed off with gliding largely because of the British weather, and a series of diabolical summers in the mid 80s. Moved on to Oxfordshire SportFlying at Enstone, and then to Elstree. Had a ¼ share in a Socata TB10 there. Flew it all over Europe, including across the western Med. to Corsica. Cool plane - French!

Smack&crack? Low lifes? Petty crime? Not limited to HW. You speak of life in general in Tony Blair's Britain - is all.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2004, 10:35:18 PM »
so cool firstly, and tony blairs britain: so true.
this thread needs to go to bed now. but its been fun:)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 10:41:50 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2004, 12:04:12 AM »
The same goes for the rest of the world, Morph. A lot of Americans seem to forget that. Sometimes we're dismissed as "pissants"... and we're simply expected to lie down and take it. Well guess what? Courtesy is a two way street. And what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Gawd, I love that expression.  

Beetle do you just like to talk for the hell of it? Because half of the crap that comes out of your mouth you have no right to say and is way off base and out of line.

any insult or wack at America, Americans, or an American, or anything American is taken personaly. And that's all I am going to say.

Is that so hard to understand? Show me where I was "dismissing" you as a "pissant".....

The simple fact that my name is in there with the rest of your crap simply angers me... It has no right to be and you have no right to place it in there with that garbage.

and we're simply expected to lie down and take it.

Who siad that? Not me. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself and your country when there was never anyone attacking you or it? Eslecially not I.

If its a point your trying to make well then fine. But keep me out of it. I dont need to be lectured on race or anything of the sort especially by you. I dont need to be the basis of your lame little points anyways. I dont deserve it and you have no right to attempt it.  

The only remarks made about any country in a negative tone here where towards Americans. So why are you taking a defencive role in the first place???

Thats enough for me for now. If you have something of worth to say I might respond. But until you keep my name well away form your full-o-crap points that you wish to make you will get nothing from me.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 12:19:08 AM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2004, 03:33:15 AM »
Morph - I wasn't accusing you. You've not been registered on this board very long. If you had been around here in 2002/2003, you would know exactly what I meant. There were many country bashing threads - particularly against the French. One Frenchman even quit the board and the game itself because he could no longer deal with the chastisement being meted out by people on this board on account of his government's stance on Iraq.

But times have changed. I'm not going to tar you with the same brush in that way, as two wrongs do not make a right.

The boards have been better in 2004. I can't help thinking Skuz/HTC had a cleanup. ;)

:cool:

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2004, 11:11:53 AM »
I started the this name when a while after I started my new account.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2004, 11:15:08 AM »
I started here in Jan or Feb of 2003. Shouldn't have but I did.

I'm not going to tar you with the same brush in that way, as two wrongs do not make a right.

Why would you think you would have a right to in the first place?

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2004, 12:46:24 PM »

"you have to tolerate these people becuase, as a nation you have a large population of idiots. simple"

What I'm saying is why do we have to tolerate it here? This isn't a political forum. If you have your own opinions, fine. I could care less what you think, feel, or do. I just don't think your attacks are appropriate for this board. Obviously Britain has at least one idiot.

"you cant see the world from the worlds eyes,  you can only see it from america eyes"

WTF does that mean? How original and worldly. You must have taken a long time to think that one up.

"dont hate americans or america personaly, just people like you who have their heads up their behinds"

Whatever, Get a life, buddy.

Like I said before, I can't believe this type of stuff is tolerated here. Aren't you guys from Texas? I figured the can of whoop - A would already be open on this twerpy nancy.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2004, 02:12:42 PM »
Originally posted by kj714

"you have to tolerate these people becuase, as a nation you have a large population of idiots. simple"

What I'm saying is why do we have to tolerate it here? This isn't a political forum. If you have your own opinions, fine. I could care less what you think, feel, or do. I just don't think your attacks are appropriate for this board. Obviously Britain has at least one idiot.

"you cant see the world from the worlds eyes,  you can only see it from america eyes"

WTF does that mean? How original and worldly. You must have taken a long time to think that one up.

"dont hate americans or america personaly, just people like you who have their heads up their behinds"

Whatever, Get a life, buddy.

Like I said before, I can't believe this type of stuff is tolerated here. Aren't you guys from Texas? I figured the can of whoop - A would already be open on this twerpy nancy. [/B]

cant wait to shoot you down :lol

i am bored with your lower than average responses. go open a can of whoop A on your dog.

this is my last post on this.

funny how the original antaganists have made up and sorted their differences.

you say you dont care what i think, yet you continue to reply.

have fun being you.

and i will have more fun being me.:p

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2004, 02:19:59 PM »
I officially declare this all ready 2 year old thread FUBAR
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 02:22:14 PM by Zanth »

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2004, 04:44:43 PM »
Super Gay!

Yes I did say that and yes I would have done that and yes that was two years ago and my views have changed.

Find where I recently want this done and also find where I want to dictate how someone plays the game.

I'm only on for a few, I want to fight, you're a handsomehunk and appear to have very little of a life to sift through 2 years of this crap.

:rolleyes:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2004, 04:50:20 PM »
This thread is really over.

mechanic, you were way over the top.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com