Author Topic: "Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: "Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2002, 04:20:20 AM »
Originally posted by Arfann
. . . .or are you just stupid?"  
Of course, there are players who actually are deaf and therefore would not hear such a question!  They might be more "vocal" on text though!  :p
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
"Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2002, 05:46:56 AM »
Who cares about people bombing hangars?  They come up quickly anyways.  The annoying stuff is people who are busy killing all of the fuel while the troops are floating down over the town.

A hangar takes 15 minutes to rebuild.
According to the HTC website, fuel takes two hours.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2002, 07:13:20 AM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
So there's something wrong with those 30-40 others that none of them are willing to supply the damaged base?

I can imagine why...most of the "generulz" would probably rather sit and scream for someone ELSE to resupply the base rather than do it themselves.

Heck, I might have to start carrying ordnance, just to pork more bases and make the "generulz" squeal even more.

J_A_B

why should the 1s who werent porking the fuel/ammo/troops because it was about to be captured, have to stop what thier doing just to fly a goon in cause some tard had to pork the strats.
when all it woulda took was for him to leave the strats stuff alone. JAB i run more resupply runs more then ull ever  think about even trying.

Swager  depending on the size of the base, small or large only have 2 barracks (1 town and 1 base) if they killed the town for troops, that leaves 1 barracks up (on field), u come along and wacked it,  means NO troops at that base for 2 hours
without m3/goon resupply. and depending on nearest base
could mean a long flight for resupp runs, and it takes 4 goons to up damaged strats.

and both of u know if not for pilots like me and others willing to run supps while u wont step foot in a m3/goon for supply, yall would be flying from 25% fuel,, no ammo, no troop bases alll day long.

Flossy,
yes hangers down 15 mins, my missions we lettem hit the hangers but leave 1 of each up, so if we are gona run from that
base we can replane if needed.

fuel/ammo/troops are down 2 hours though without resupply.

whels

whels

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2002, 07:47:03 AM »
Afran why don't you tell us it was ?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2002, 08:36:32 AM »
I usually don't pork bases that my team is trying to capture.  But after latest batch of whine threads, I'm now going to dedicate ALL my time to base porkage.  Not just base porkage, but suicide base porkage.  As long as I'M paying MY hard earned cash to play this game I will do whatever the hell I want with MY online time.  And if you don't like, well there's really sweet fek all you can do about it isn't there.  Except whine like a like a little baby, *boo hoo hoo*.

Thank you and God speed.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2002, 08:47:57 AM »
Why do people forget that THIER online time is shared by several hundred other people?  

When I'm driving, I like to try and hit people.  It's MY car, and MY gas, therefore I should be able to do whatever I want to with MY driving time!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2002, 08:50:59 AM »
my take on strat is that i usually yell... "who is the dumb bellybutton that killed the enemy cv?"  Or.. "who is the pervert that killed the FH's but left the VH?"

The only fun thing about any gangbang is stealing the 1 kill from the dozen other team mates after it.
lazs

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2002, 09:06:55 AM »
I take it back.. this whole thread is full of people that seem to want to lay blame on just one individual in this situation.

Two people being incredibly inconsiderate... complaining that the other was being incredibly inconsiderate... followed by a bunch of others somehow trying to justify one of their cases.

Sheesh

AKDejaVu

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2002, 09:12:07 AM »
There's a simple solution to this.

At field capture everything at a field is destroyed by the country that loses the field. Everything is down and at max rebuild time.

The possibility to take fully operational fields is stupid.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2002, 09:34:15 AM »
Originally posted by ccvi
There's a simple solution to this.

At field capture everything at a field is destroyed by the country that loses the field. Everything is down and at max rebuild time.

The possibility to take fully operational fields is stupid.

ive always thought, we should  have to kill all hangers, and
75% of all the strats at the field to be able to take it.

whels

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2002, 09:44:29 AM »
Originally posted by whels

wtg swager with more like u, we dont need enemy bombing the base. ur actions then probaby porked 30 40 others play, its ur $15 but ur actions  disrupted 30 ro 40  others $15.

wow great team player u are.

whels

If I arrive over a capped field, I usually hold my ord in the event the VH comes up, or the goon gets killed. Once it appears that capture is in serious doubt, I kill the barracks and fuel, to deny the enemy effecive use of the base. If one has hauled their ord a long way, just hit the bomber hangers, they're of minimal value right up on the "front".

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2002, 12:07:55 PM »
widewing...stop it ...your making too much sense

44MAG

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2002, 01:58:51 PM »
"ive always thought, we should have to kill all hangers, and
75% of all the strats at the field to be able to take it. "

Hey Whels, there's something we agree on!  

J_A_B

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2002, 02:01:15 PM »
Originally posted by Innominate
Who cares about people bombing hangars?  They come up quickly anyways.  The annoying stuff is people who are busy killing all of the fuel while the troops are floating down over the town.

A hangar takes 15 minutes to rebuild.
According to the HTC website, fuel takes two hours.

Airfield objects (other than hangars) rebuild in 30 to 120 minutes, depending on the state of the factory and the city corresponding to that zone.  

On the AKDesert map, there are multiple zones.  Each zone has one airfield which controls factory/city ownership.  If you own an airfield in a foreign zone, it always takes two hours for a field object to rebuild.  If you go capture the zone field, then yep, 30-120 minutes will rebuild the object.

All other maps have a single zone.

curly

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2002, 02:05:45 PM »
Well how about this base capture players..

Having tagged along on a few nights to see how it's done, and finding it efficient but lacking in aircraft opposition for which the guns were installed on my fighter in the first place..

I promise that on those rare times when I hang thingys from the bottom of my aircraft I will obey the "man" in charge with that particular base capture. Even if it means I land with stuff still hanging there.

Doing that comes with a price capture players, and I will hold you to it....

If on checking the map for your next "conquest" you happen to see one of YOUR bases under an attack by a CV with 50 or 60 dots of different colors between the CV and the base ???

Please don't save us from THE BIG BAD CV by multiple jabo sucide runs.

WE HAVE the situation well in hand and would appreciate it if you went elsewhere for your "greater glory"

You consideration in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated...

And the next time I hang thingys on the bottom of my fighter I will repay the consideration..

nopoop