Author Topic: P51 Runners...  (Read 1450 times)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« on: September 26, 2002, 12:12:06 PM »
...are boring, Ran into 2 of them last night. WTF run when you have a 2v1 advantage?

I could only imagine those two screaming like lil' gurls as they ran away from the fight

:p

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 12:49:59 PM »
they might have turned back if you had said that on ch1.

:cool:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Ossie

• Copper Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 12:55:15 PM »
I hate it when a plane gets notorious for running. Not because of when they run, but when they don't! Last night I'm cruising along in a 38 and get bounced by a high pony. He overshoots and I think "okay, I'll look like I'm chasing until he extends out of range." And THEN, he's NOT outrunning me...WTF? Still in triple-digit range? Going into a scissors??? WTF do I do now???? I really wasn't too sure what was going on, so I died. Thanks Rude.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2002, 02:43:14 PM »
Classic example of why generalizations suck Ossie :)

Offline AvidMC

• Copper Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2002, 02:50:16 PM »
I belive the proper terminology is, Tactical Withdrawal. You'll see me do this a lot more then HT gives me my P-47N :D
Avid

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2002, 02:51:07 PM »
hehe the same thing happened to me! I am in a 190, a high fast pony bounces me so I just do a little evasion to keep up my e but make him zoom back. but this was an aggressive pony and didnt extend (who ever heard of an aggressive pony!??), he dumped his speed and I got blasted. beemer

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2002, 03:09:29 PM »
Originally posted by AvidMC
I belive the proper terminology is, Tactical Withdrawal.
Avid

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2002, 03:26:02 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
they might have turned back if you had said that on ch1.

:cool:

I'm not one to talk smack on Ch1 but these guys got a "Boring 51 Dweeb" and a "Now run away, ok" from me on Ch1.

I know, I'll do better next time...the dark side is seducing me :D

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2002, 03:30:53 PM »
I belive the proper terminology is, Tactical Withdrawal. You'll see me do this a lot more then HT gives me my P-47N :D
Avid

Well, if I had any help up there I would say that it was a tactical withdrawal...but these guys ran after they each took 2 HO passes...and I mean run...we were at 20K and these guys, even though they had the 2v1 advantage, still tucked tail and dove for the deck, fricken lamers < tm Shane :) >

Offline AvidMC

• Copper Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2002, 05:01:27 PM »
For starters, Horn - Nice work!!!! The only flaw I can see in the artwork in the substitution on an F4U in place of the La-7. But this minor detail can be overlooked due to the comedy of the piece. Note, the artwork itself is still a bit low on quality and I would suggest contacting Urchin for a little help in that area.

Now on to the conversation at hand...Lars, a quick question before jumping to a conclusion.

1. What were you flying? (If the answer to this is LA-7 then you are a dweeb and I salute the pony drivers for frustrating you :D  Oh and there will be no need to answer any further questions):D

2. What other AC were around when they engaged. Was there other enemy AC below them and you. If so then I would have done the same in hopes of drawing you away from friendlies and then killin ya. Unless of course you were in an LA-7, if so I salute them for frustrating you.

3. If they were in friendly territory and ran for no reason then they are dweebs and should be shot by there own countryman. Unless of course you were in an LA-7, if so I salute them for frustrating you.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2002, 05:23:14 PM »
well, Avid, for a start
Horn didn't make that, it was made by dumer, ages ago, when the chog was free and seen alot.

and an answer to 1, 2, 3: what would an el-gay-7 be doing up at 20k?:rolleyes:

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2002, 05:37:13 PM »
plus, lars said he was in an f6.

i can speak as to why an la7 might be at 20k, tho...

proving that it can be effective up at alt, not the best, but effective if flown well.

:D

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline AvidMC

• Copper Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2002, 05:49:06 PM »
well, Avid, for a start Horn didn't make that, it was made by dumer, ages ago, when the chog was free and seen alot.

I had a feeling that was going to be the answer. An update is needed, someone call Urchin!!!

and an answer to 1, 2, 3: what would an el-gay-7 be doing up at 20k?

Please see answer by the duly elected presedent of the BOoD just above this post.

Avid

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2002, 05:53:51 PM »
[/B]

Now on to the conversation at hand...Lars, a quick question before jumping to a conclusion.

1. What were you flying? (If the answer to this is LA-7 then you are a dweeb and I salute the pony drivers for frustrating you :D  Oh and there will be no need to answer any further questions):D

I was in an F6F-5
[/QUOTE]
2. What other AC were around when they engaged. Was there other enemy AC below them and you. If so then I would have done the same in hopes of drawing you away from friendlies and then killin ya. Unless of course you were in an LA-7, if so I salute them for frustrating you.

The sky was clear for atleast 1/2 sector...just them and I.
[/QUOTE]

3. If they were in friendly territory and ran for no reason then they are dweebs and should be shot by there own countryman. Unless of course you were in an LA-7, if so I salute them for frustrating you.

They ran to A1...their base...funny thing was that they literally dove from 18-20K to the deck and IF I'm not mistaken, their wrists were hanging loose all the way down :)

Couple of panzies I tell ya

;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 05:59:16 PM by MrLars »

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2002, 05:59:30 PM »
Hmmm.....two 51's don't run....they turn and fight....kill their opponents....both from the same squad....hmmmm....imagine that!

:)