Author Topic: P51 Runners...  (Read 1459 times)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2002, 06:52:48 PM »
Originally posted by Heinkel
Just know the difference between extending 2.0k away from the enemy and turning back to engage, and running to the next sector where 10 friendlys are then going back to fight.

There's something to be said about the pilot who blindly chases a bandit smack into that horde of enema.....I'm sure more than a few here have a 'colorfull' name for such a person :)

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2002, 07:34:30 PM »
psssst..tak..

Here ya go Wldthing.. Cheers

Things are winding down here, but the hotdogs are just about up

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2002, 08:03:40 PM »
If someone wants to engage the enemy in virtual air to air combat or just make aerial strafing runs it's his choice . But if he doesn't practice fighting from a disadvantage it will catch up to him where it counts .

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2002, 09:03:13 PM »
A good pilot also has to gloat.

(but ofcourse, gloating pilots are not necessarily good pilots.)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2002, 09:05:57 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
A good pilot also has to gloat.

See?  Another reason that Drex sucks.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
heheh Drex
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2002, 11:01:55 PM »
I fought Drex once... I had advantage on his F6.. he caused me to overshoot then killed me at about 850 yards and pullin away fast.....kicked my bellybutton quick lol
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2002, 11:17:06 PM »
Exactly.

There is a certain pony squad which practises the one-pass-then-run-like-crap move in AH. 9/10 ponies are ok, then I come across these guys and can spot them almost immediately. I've been in situations where, because there was 3 of them and 1 of me, they stuck around, and in one instance all 3 of them went burning to the deck.

Compare this with the 13th TAS NASA High Altitude Research squad, who will enage 1 on 1. They can kick arse, and in when in numbers clear the air pretty damn quick and have some nice squad moves.

Some people 'think' they are playing smart, but they ain't.

Then again every AH aircraft has its 'cliches':
 - Niki's and Spit's with "ROPE ME" tatoo'd to their foreheads
 - P38s and Tiffies that fly right past you to perform a kamekazi dive on the field hangar (you know the one where you choose your plane) immediately giving you two free kills and acheiving no tactical gain
 - La7s that spend so much time blacked-out the easiest way to kill em is  too lead em into a hill
 - Ponies that climb to 40k for Satellite recovery missions
 - 109s modelled on lawn darts
 - Jug pilots who ductape their fire button coz 'they can'
 - 190 pilots who do the roll and roll and roll and roll and roll

Originally posted by Samm
If someone wants to engage the enemy in virtual air to air combat or just make aerial strafing runs it's his choice . But if he doesn't practice fighting from a disadvantage it will catch up to him where it counts .

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2002, 06:34:10 PM »
I chuckle when people try to excuse their timid style of flying in the MA by saying that's the way it was in done in RL.  "Never engage without the advantage" is the usual mantra.  Fine in the MA but in RL, many times you didn't have any choice.  There are thousands of stories of guys diving into situations totally outmanned and at a disadvantage.  Imagine how popular you would be with friendlies in RL who needed your help after you "extended" from a con who had an advantage...."Hang in there, I'll be back in a few minutes.  I have to extend and grab a little alt".  

bowser
« Last Edit: October 01, 2002, 06:40:25 PM by bowser »

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2002, 02:08:50 PM »
For those that don't have the time to read this thread (it isn't worth the effort, trust me), I will summarize it for you:

Luftpotatos say, "Pee Fiffty Runs are chickens"

Ponydweebs say, "FW Run Ninety Dorkas are gutless potatos"

Wotan says, "JG 2 is bestest squad in game"

Urchin says, "I am a very good Dorka pilot"

Steve says, "The ponies don't run, everyone else backs away"

Well, I say that this thread is lame and so are the stupid lamer posts in it.  Yes, even this one.

Here is a dollar people, go buy a clue:

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2002, 02:26:38 PM »
Wotan says, "JG 2 is bestest squad in game"

I understand you are a math major but you may want to re-read the thread and quote where I said any such thing. Nor did any of the other folks you quoted say the things you attributed to them.

All the idiocy in this thread has been climaxed by the last thread. There really is no need to mischaracterize what you read above. People can read it and make their own judgement.

Save your dollar for some reading comprehension leasons. :p

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2002, 05:25:10 PM »
Wotan,

The funniest and most idiotic thing in this thread is not my post.  It is how bad your titties get twisted by a single post by someone who you consider an idiot.

If you would like, I can point out the exact points in this thread where the above statements were said.  But since you are so good at reading comprehension, you should be able to see them before someone as stupid and unintelligent as myself does.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2002, 05:34:11 PM »
Do it, dont talk about. No where did I say jg 2 was the greatest squad.

And yes your purposeful mischaracterization of what folks in this thread were saying is more idiotic then anything else in this post.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2002, 06:26:03 PM »
My take on the jist of this thread, is that any dweeb that does not fly as you would prefer is a love muffin and coward.  

There seems to be a feeling that if others did what you want, your enjoyment of the game would increase.

Guess what?  The object of the game is to deny someone else their fun.  Either by killing them or not allowing them to kill you.

If we are fighting and I run away and you don't get the kill, HAHAH, ef you, you lose.   If we are fighting and I kill you, HAHAH, ef you, you lose.  See joy for me, none for you.  That is the beauty of the game.

Of course the converse is true and I hate that.

F.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2002, 06:38:35 PM »
Ok, here you go:

My squad flies the d9 and get a good percentage of the d9 kills every tour. But the d9 last tour only had 2% of the total kills. But our kills in the d9 scew its numbers

and:

and JG 2 dont run ever, I remember a tod with 6 p51s above 20k and 4 190a5s at 17k. The 51s ran around and around finally bore and ZZZ us abit we reversed and killed umm all.

Now I guess I shouldn't have used the word "said" in my post.  I should have used the word "implied."  I guess I am an evil ignorant love muffin.  Shame on me.

As for Urchin:
Actually bud... this fantastic Dora pilots K/S is pretty darn close to yours. When I checked it was 2.76 (you) vs 2.75 (me). Close in my book anyway.

I guess I could have misunderstood Urchin's use of the word fantastic.  I always thought that it meant "good" or "exceptional."  I guess in this case it means "crappy" or "horrible."

Seriously, how do you get your nipples torqued over something like my post?  My use of incorrect grammar and stupid names for everyone I would have thought showed the intentions of my post.  I guess not.

Earlier in this thread, you suggested that Steve needs a life because he spent close to 100 hours online.  Maybe you need to find reality and the world at large if you let something like my post get your panties bunched up around your neck.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
P51 Runners...
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2002, 07:13:21 PM »
My squad flies the d9 and get a good percentage of the d9 kills every tour. But the d9 last tour only had 2% of the total kills. But our kills in the d9 scew its numbers

Keep it in context. I also said this as well.

The reference I gave to my squad and the 190 was to show that % of kills per tour are not an indication of usage. The 190d9 is flown less then its kills % per tour indicates, while the opposite is true for the p51. See my replies above.

Comprehend that now?

and JG 2 dont run ever, I remember a tod with 6 p51s above 20k and 4 190a5s at 17k. The 51s ran around and around finally bore and ZZZ us abit we reversed and killed umm all.

This was a jab at Tango, now where do I say we are the "bestest".

As I said a "mischaracterization".

Actually bud... this fantastic Dora pilots K/S is pretty darn close to yours. When I checked it was 2.76 (you) vs 2.75 (me). Close in my book anyway.

Was clearly satire and was in reply to Steve who said this.

Oh my.. NOT ONE of your fantastic D9 pilots

Then Urchin replied.

As I said save your dollar for some reading comprehension leasons.

Stick to math.