Author Topic: Reagan/BushDaddy gave him these weapons!!  (Read 1266 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Reagan/BushDaddy gave him these weapons!!
« on: October 01, 2002, 12:52:44 PM »
Even with the mass media playing the Madelyn ToGood tape over and over of her spanking here child, this story is not going away.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20021001/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_iraq_bioweapons_6

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sent samples directly to several Iraqi sites that U.N. weapons inspectors determined were part of Saddam Hussein's biological weapons program, CDC and congressional records from the early 1990s show. Iraq had ordered the samples, claiming it needed them for legitimate medical research.

Oh my God!!! This is ten million times worse than Iran Contra! So now we have to blow up Saddam for the weapons we sold him?.... Good Lord!

Or this story..
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20020923/1048504.asp

WASHINGTON - American research companies, with the approval of two previous presidential administrations, provided Iraq biological cultures that could be used for biological weapons, according to testimony to a U.S. Senate committee eight years ago.
West Nile Virus, E. coli, anthrax and botulism were among the potentially fatal biological cultures that a U.S. company sent under U.S. Commerce Department licenses after 1985, when Ronald Reagan was president, according to the Senate testimony.

Bring on the investigations! How many treaties did this violate?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2002, 01:02:16 PM »
LOL, dig deeper Weaze...er 10bears :)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2002, 01:12:00 PM »
and we made him use them as a weapon on his own people too?

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2002, 01:16:51 PM »
Dual use technology is a major problem in enforcing the CWC and BWC. That is nothing new. I will be interested to see what becomes of this however. At this point it looks like a non-story for a slow news day.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2002, 02:01:38 PM »
That wacky Saddam.  One minute he's on our side, then he's threatening us with our own nasty stuff.  Aren't there any trustworthy despots anymore?

http://www.robertscheer.com/1_natcolumn/01_columns/052201.htm
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2002, 02:10:59 PM »
stuff wasn't given to him for "research".
It was to be used on Iran during the war. Back then we hated Iran more then Iraq.

So we're handing out WMD to despots around the world and raise hoopla over a president getting a BJ.
Usual.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2002, 03:29:36 PM »
LOL, dig deeper Weaze...er 10bears

Yer gonna tell me Clinton gave him West Nile Virus, E. coli, anthrax and botulism too Cabb.. er Ripsnort?

Sikboy, violation of the 1928 chemical non proliferation treaty is a non story?.. Wow! I think it blows Iran-contra out of the water! If their capable of doing this what else are they capable of? This adds a whole new log to the fire.. Is Saddam developing chemical weapons?.. well no he simply buys them from Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr.

Unbelievable!  

No wonder we spent a week talking about a woman spanking her kid.. They desperately want this story off the front page.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2002, 03:41:14 PM »
Oh man, this is good. Ok first of all, you should probably try to use the most relevent treaty if you want to get pissed about things. I would start with the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) which enetered into force in 1997. But this isn't a clear violation of that. If you are referening to the aspects of the Geneva protocals that pertain to the use of chemical and biological weapons, this is clearly not a violation, since that document concerns itself only with the USE of these weapons by a nation.

Or were you refering to some other treaty?

Like I said, I'd be interesting to see where the story goes, but at this point, and with the information presented thus far, it is a non story.  

-Sikboy

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2002, 03:54:30 PM »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2002, 03:58:23 PM »
and we made him use them as a weapon on his own people too?

You guys knew he was a shrecking nutcase, but you happened to hate Iran more, so you didn't give a damn. And besides, who cares about the Kurds when Turkey's support is at stake?

You don't give a serial child molester the keys to the primary school and expect him to behave, do you?

The guy is an admirer of Stalin, for god's sake!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2002, 04:03:32 PM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2002, 04:00:27 PM »
Originally posted by popeye
More of the non story:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/795649.asp

Yep.

-Sikboy

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2002, 04:02:54 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Oh man, this is good. Ok first of all, you should probably try to use the most relevent treaty if you want to get pissed about things.

Shouldn't he use the treaty that was in effect at the time of the transgretion?

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2002, 04:11:53 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

Shouldn't he use the treaty that was in effect at the time of the transgretion?

He could, but that would leave him without a legal case.  Better to leave treaties out of it in that case.

-Sikboy

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2002, 04:14:17 PM »
i heard that back in the korean war truman ordered US troops to use machine guns , artillery, and even napalm to stop chinese "human wave" attacks, does anyone have proof of this?

also in WW2 i heard the USA actualy gave england "weapons of war" and england used the "weapons of war" to kill germans, is this true?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2002, 04:15:08 PM »
looks like a real election killer there 10bears :rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals