Author Topic: AH getting boring as hell !  (Read 1290 times)

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
AH getting boring as hell !
« on: October 18, 2002, 11:20:26 AM »
I can really understand some people facing AH the back cause the MA is just a big gang bang arena full of La7n1kspit hordes.
On all sides.
Really thinking about cancellig my subscription.
Its getting more boring then counter strike and that is alot.

Yes this is a big whine.
Freeze

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 11:21:56 AM »
i am pretty sick of seeing la7's. they'v forced me to fly them because i cant catch anything in my mk 1 !!:(

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2002, 11:36:26 AM »
Go get a palm full of hand lotion and lock yourself in the bathroom.  Come back when you get things figured out.

Honestly, I know the frustration of getting bored.  Take some time off.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2002, 11:38:20 AM »
I'll make sure not to fly a Spit V near you then.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 11:47:06 AM »
Things to do when you get bored:

Take a GV up to a spawn point of a suspected "next target after they take that airfield"

Forget score and go NOE with a fast, low aircraft, to the backside of a busy enemy field, and vulch aircraft just after they get wheels up, from below.  Then drag the horde back to your friendly base.

Put up a big P51 mission, and fly to the enemy HQ, then shoot down all the fighters that up to intercept your "bomber stream"

I can think of lots more but I'm saving some ;)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2002, 11:51:05 AM »
Originally posted by JoeDirt
i am pretty sick of seeing la7's. they'v forced me to fly them because i cant catch anything in my mk 1 !!:(

exactly!! :mad:

but i gotta admit the la7 can be a fun ride.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2002, 11:55:07 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Things to do when you get bored:

Take a GV up to a spawn point of a suspected "next target after they take that airfield"

Forget score and go NOE with a fast, low aircraft, to the backside of a busy enemy field, and vulch aircraft just after they get wheels up, from below.  Then drag the horde back to your friendly base.

Put up a big P51 mission, and fly to the enemy HQ, then shoot down all the fighters that up to intercept your "bomber stream"

I can think of lots more but I'm saving some ;)

What Rip said!

"Forget score and go NOE with a fast, low aircraft, to the backside of a busy enemy field, and vulch aircraft just after they get wheels up, from below.  Then drag the horde back to your friendly base."

This is especially fun if you can nail a couple of perk planes.

Take a break!

or joing the cRooks for fun and profit :cool:

Just vary your activity. Try going to take out ack at a field and then come back for resources. I went over and took out the ack and hit resources at an enemy field the other day in a Yak followed by a Thypie and they thought it was a major attack...lol.

Also the lotion can help as well.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2002, 12:01:31 PM »
bored of MA???? come play in hth for a bit see what you think

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Re: AH getting boring as hell !
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2002, 02:58:51 PM »
Originally posted by fffreeze220
I can really understand some people facing AH the back cause the MA is just a big gang bang arena full of La7n1kspit hordes.
On all sides.
Really thinking about cancellig my subscription.
Its getting more boring then counter strike and that is alot.

Yes this is a big whine.

The MA is getting a little boring, so I've been taking off in planes that increase my fun factor.  The last few days I was using the Me262 as my mine ride and then later on dogfighting in the A-20.  Last night I got over 30 kills in the A-20 and had as much fun as I've ever had in AH.

Ack-Ack

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Re: Re: AH getting boring as hell !
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2002, 03:37:26 PM »
Originally posted by akak

The MA is getting a little boring, so I've been taking off in planes that increase my fun factor.  The last few days I was using the Me262 as my mine ride and then later on dogfighting in the A-20.  Last night I got over 30 kills in the A-20 and had as much fun as I've ever had in AH.

Ack-Ack

Dogfighting an A20 is one of my favorite recreations in the MA.  Particularly when a field is about to be capped.  Amazing fun when someone tries to HO you  :D
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2002, 04:56:00 PM »
We're all (by which I mean the silent majority) fed up with the MA as it currently stands. I know I am. I have tried to bring about initiatives like an RPS - but nooooooooo......  Doofus-Dweebius wants to fly his ride all the time. DD's brother repeatedly tells us that it's his $14.95 an hour, and he'll fly as he sees fit. I've whined about the LA7, and how it is flown almost by default by many dweebs. Mention realism.... and you will get a swift rebuttal in the form of "this isn't WW2, this is a GAME". Some people are so detached from reality (the real WW2) that they have invented game-related yardsticks which they use as their measure of success. Kills per hour? Puhleeeeze...:rolleyes:

The MA has become a freaking fragfest. The scoreboard is no measure of skill, but an indicator as to who was in the right place at the right time, and whose side he was on.

We're all overdue for the Mission Arena. Maybe it will split the community, but then again maybe the community needs that split. I asked on this board who would fly the Mission arena in this thread, and was encouraged by the results - only 2-3 dissenters!

So... take heart, be patient, and let's see how 1.11/Mission Arena turns out.

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Re: Re: Re: AH getting boring as hell !
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2002, 05:05:29 PM »
Originally posted by Puck

Dogfighting an A20 is one of my favorite recreations in the MA.  Particularly when a field is about to be capped.  Amazing fun when someone tries to HO you  :D

Even more amazing on how many planes it can out turn.  The only plane I haven't been able to out turn in the A-20 is the Zeke/Zero, had to scissor and force over shoot to kill that guy.  All the while with my 4000 pounds of bombs still onboard :D

Ack-Ack

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2002, 05:20:19 PM »
The MA's what you make of it, nothing more.

The strat guys have their fun, the furballers have their fun, the mission types have their fun, the lonewolfs have their fun.

If you aren't having fun there truly is only ONE person to blame.

Hell, the past 2 weeks I've had some of the best 1v1's I've had in AH's MA...one yesterday at 18K against an La7 and me in a Hellcat...you can guess the outcome but the guy < I wish I could remember his name > DIDN"T run. Hell, he tried to fight me in a turn/loop fight at that alt...he wasn't stupid IMO, he just WANTED to fight.

Personaly, I like the MA environment. Hate the AKDesert map but I still manage to have fun in it.

I also like scenarios but they aren't THE reason I subscribed, the MA is.

Have fun and kill stuff, if you can't do both, and insist on flying anyway, fly a goon at 30K...make someone else get a smile on their face and have fun, just don't try to tell others that their kind of fun is lame....hell, it's all lame, but good lame fun!

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2002, 07:12:23 PM »
If all you do is MA 24/7 you deserve to be bored.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2002, 08:25:40 PM »
when AH gets boring... don't come and whine about it...

just take some time off...

currently taking leave..(but still payin for some stupid reason +)

SKurj