Author Topic: AH getting boring as hell !  (Read 1291 times)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
AH getting boring as hell !
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2002, 10:47:53 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
To say that an RPS denies the right of the AH player to fly the plane of his choice is a bit like smokers claiming the divine right to smoke in bars...

...but what about the rights of those who would like to visit a bar without having their clothes stinking of an ashtray afterwards?

non-smoking section is -------->   CT

:D

ooooo, they don't have *your* particular ride in whatever current setup is running?  bummer.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2002, 10:50:21 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

having said that... It would be nice to have a place for early war planes...
we allready know how well the friggin allied vs axis lopsided crap works.    If you want that there are a least a dozen like minded guys in the CT u can fly with.
lazs

make up your mind.  the more people that fly in CT the more people it'll draw for your furball, laz. because make no mistake, CT is pretty much a furball arena - not always, but mostly, and it's often earlier war planes.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2002, 10:56:29 AM »
...but what about the rights of those who would like to visit a bar without having their clothes stinking of an ashtray afterwards?

I just had to look at that again.  Funny stuff.

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2002, 12:25:24 PM »
The ones squeaking about smoking in bars are the same ones you see out at topless bars in a cloud of cigarette smoke having the best time of there life and a huge grin on thier face... But I wouldn't really know about those kinds of places only read about them once :)

T0J0

Offline lucky

• Zinc Member
boreing
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2002, 02:34:11 PM »
NEW MAPS!NEW MAPS! its boreing because we have 1 new map in how many years.....when pizza came out  I didnt stop playing for three days never left the house never took a shower.......
for me  new maps would be great

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2002, 03:52:12 PM »
The scoreboard is no measure of skill, but an indicator as to who was in the right place at the right time, and whose side he was on.  -beet1e

So true, and I willingly admit to that's how I get the majority of my kills.  Instead of becoming a better dogfighter in here, I've mainly learned how to select my battles in my favor.  

The MA has become a bit boring to me as well, though right now I can rarely fly due to a great increase in my real-world workload.  But it's the same ol'/same ol' in there for the past 1.5 yrs I've been flying.  Come in high with speed, dive down on your best chance, get forced to turn and blow E while trying to nail this guy, get your kill and then get pounced on by the next guy who is coming in high with speed who dives down to get his kill, etc (from a non-turnfighters point of view.)  I do like the Special Events and so I'm also looking forward to the new Mission Arena coming soon just for a variety of play.  And yes, I personally would favor an RPS just for the variety.  Shoot, it would even be cool to have events where Spitfires are pitted against Mustangs and that's it...1 type vs another type which change with each event.  But basically, the MA is the same ol' - same ol' with new life breathed in with each new update.  BTW, I love the look of the new Mustang and it's things like that which keeps the game going for me.

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2002, 04:07:19 PM »
Originally posted by Miska
Bored with the MA?  See you in the CT!  880 welcomes guests for orientation flights Tue and Thu 2100 Eastern.

CT is even more boring than the MA.

Ack-Ack

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2002, 04:26:30 PM »
Originally posted by shredar
Not some fictitious fairyland where there are P51s against P51s etc.

Well shredar it's fairly evident that most voted with there wallet.

WB had a "load test" the other night for there planned 64 plane limit thingy.

36 people showed up...

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2002, 05:05:45 PM »
Go to Hell if you are bored//WHY the FUk would you rigth about it in here....diddlying get a life...You guys have any ohter hobbies??..I guess not....

I admit somtimes i "dont want to Play"...Extremly Rare.......

But I sure in the hell dont WHine about it in here

Freeze....your are pathetic.....Hope your just stiring the puddle cuase..if not...your are a sad case and you need help..If you are looking for it here ......is the wrong place....

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Love BiGB

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2002, 05:18:55 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
everyone hates the stupid, timid pizza map but....lazs

Everyone?

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2002, 05:50:51 PM »
Voss i really liek the terrain of AK desert........

And Freeze..i just saw ur pic...Golly-gee man..go pop some weelies around the neighborhood if ur bored:)

Love BiGB
xoxo

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2002, 06:10:29 PM »
Originally posted by Squire
If all you do is MA 24/7 you deserve to be bored.

But...but... I'm not :eek:

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2002, 04:57:15 AM »
Freeze....your are pathetic.....Hope your just stiring the puddle cuase..if not...your are a sad case and you need help..If you are looking for it here ......is the wrong place....

pathetic ???
i am a sad case and need help ????
looking for help here ???

Come on. I just tell what i think the MA became in the last couple month.
Look at my score and the time i spend in the MA this month.
This is 1 hobby among a lot more for me. And it is nothing more then a hobby
Sure i could take a brake and leave for some weeks but i am sure nothing will change in the meantime.
But i carse about my hobbies and i dont want to be pissed about stuff i generally like. Means i wanna fly, yes thats for sure, but the circumstances in the arena are far from joyfull.
Sure this is my personal opinion and the only reason why i post this here is to get some other opinions and see if i am the only 1 or if some more people thinking like me.

But come on to tell me iam a sad case and looking for any help here in the board is kinda stupid.
I am not a kid anymore
Freeze

Offline shredar

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2002, 07:53:03 AM »
Originally posted by poopster

Well shredar it's fairly evident that most voted with there wallet.

WB had a "load test" the other night for there planned 64 plane limit thingy.

36 people showed up...

Bwahahahahaha..well........yo u know the saying about quality vs quantity !! ;)

BTW poopy, you better check here & then edit your post cos it kinda makes you look silly when you post but dont do ya homework, LOL........http://agw.warbirdsiii.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12087
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 08:02:32 AM by shredar »

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2002, 09:31:49 AM »
Puke –
So true, and I willingly admit to that's how I get the majority of my kills. Instead of becoming a better dogfighter in here, I've mainly learned how to select my battles in my favor.
Yes, indeed. I found out a long time ago that organisation and teamwork are the real keys to success. And it doesn't mean gangbanging. Just working with 2-3 guys and staying focussed is all it takes.

Of course we can all just go to where the big green blob is on the map, but there’s not much challenge in that. I expressed my disdain for that kind of thing in this post a few months ago.

So what are the alternatives? I often sit looking at the map, and wonder where to go next. Either we (Bish) are gangbanging, or getting ganbanged. What I liked about the Pizza map was the chance to up a bombing or jabo mission without running into the LA7 cherrypickers 5 minutes after take off.

Yesterday, I had my "best ever" sortie in terms of kills - 8 kills landed in a F4U-1D. It was a capture of A12 off the CV. I had finished the town and had rockets to spare, and got two kills from rocket vulches! Two P51s came in with gobs of alt and E, but in typical AH style they blew the lot. All I did was stay high and fast. As the P51s made B&Z passes, I anticipated where each would be at the top of his zoom, and lay in wait. It worked. For both of them. Then they started upping fighters en masse - 6 at a time. We had our work cut out, and they DID manage to kill our first goon, but not the second. I really enjoyed that sortie. :D  8 kills is my best so far, but what I really liked was the planning and co-ordination with the other guys. And THAT is what I most look forward to in the Mission Arena. Call me Timid if you will. :p
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 04:30:43 PM by beet1e »